How to change IMEI?

Search This thread

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
i'm pretty sure that is illegal. only the manufacturer can do it legally and its not a service they offer. its something they do if like they take back phones and refurb them and resell.

Draken Korin

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
that is indeed prohibited in most countries
what is your motivation?

Mod. edit: not dev related, moved to general

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
but that doenst work like that. At least in portugal, you have APN wich you configure to use one server on another. For instance a blackberry uses net2.vodafone.pt , if we change to internet.vodafone.pt it becomes cheaper the use of a blackberry . Just the client doenst know about it... I'm sure is same thing in the US unless is a CMDA company things must be a bit diferent (Dont know ever worked with that company).

imake

Sep 26, 2009
Yes,IMEI change is illegal but i just want to repair to the original.
Half year ago,I breaked my phone,then I sent it to a repairer.When it fixed,its IMEI has been changed.

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Yes,IMEI change is illegal but i just want to repair to the original.
Half year ago,I breaked my phone,then I sent it to a repairer.When it fixed,its IMEI has been changed.

You can't*... the reason is the imei is based on the phone motherboard. Since they, most probably, changed your motherboard in the repair shop you can't have the old imei as it's no longer that motherboard that is in your phone. You must live with the new imei from your new motherboard.

*Yes there are tools but changing imei is illegal in many states and countries.

Last edited:

imake

Sep 26, 2009
I found someone has the same IMEI,so I cannot paly world war game.This online game use IMEI to identify palyers.
Actually,I just want to get a software which can running on android to fake IMEI ,so I can paly this game.
By the way,in my country,change IMEI is not illegal,no one care about it.

Last edited:

yearziro

Apr 27, 2008
Chicago
I have never heard of any company besides your manufacturer. Or provider having a legitimate reason to know or need your imei and there is a slim to zero chance you will be able to change your imei like everyone says the only reason to change your imei. Is to hide something

shintokun

May 27, 2010
There's really NO reason to change IMEI. just be happy with the new one. lol.

As a note to everyone, I WARN YOU TO NOT CHANGE YOUR IMEI! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
I found someone has the same IMEI,so I cannot paly world war game.This online game use IMEI to identify palyers.

Yes we get the picture !!! Get a hold of yourself and google it out. Nobody will give you the tools on this forum. We won't spoon feed you.

1) It's illegal in many countries
2) We can't post application that are illegal on this forum
3) Refer to rule #2 and #1.

imake

Sep 26, 2009
Yes we get the picture !!! Get a hold of yourself and google it out. Nobody will give you the tools on this forum. We won't spoon feed you.

1) It's illegal in many countries
2) We can't post application that are illegal on this forum
3) Refer to rule #2 and #1.

Hi,silvertag.Thanks for your reply.
Can you tell me the application name?

MarcVikernes

May 26, 2010
Allright. I've found a way to do it.

I also did get a new IMEI after reparing the Device. I wrote the storm8 support and got this answer back:

Dear user,

Thanks for your email. I would be happy to help you transfer your existing account onto a new device.

Please be advised that transferring your character will cause your current device to lose access to characters across all Storm8 games; they will instead be available on the new device. We do not permit single-character transfer at this time. If you have created a Storm8 ID on your new device, it will remain associated with your new (unwanted) characters, and you will have to create a separate one for your original characters.

If you have your old device OR know your old account's Storm8 ID information, you can do the transfer yourself with the following steps:

1. Create a Storm8 account and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
2. On your new device log into your account. To do this, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your username and password and your account will have moved to the new device.

If you do not have your old device or your Storm8 ID information, fill out this form and we will be happy to assist you with the transfer:

1. Original character code:
2. Name of game:
3. Character's name:
4. Character's level:
5. Approximate date you created your character:
6. Approximate date you lost your device:
7. Any other details you can provide to identify your lost character:
8. New character code from your current device(available after reaching level6)(NOTE:THIS INFORMATION IS CRUCIAL):

Note: If you are not able to provide all of the above information, we WILL NOT be able to recover your old character. Make sure to fill out the form completely in your reply. You only need to complete the information for *one* game; the other characters associated with this account will follow in the transfer.

Please let us know if you run into any trouble with the process; we're happy to help!

Yours,
Support at Storm8

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
MarcVikernes