HTC 7 Mozart - How to Upgrade SD Card

Search This thread

abhilaksh

May 12, 2011
London
OnePlus 7 Pro
Does anyone know of any shops in London that will do this for you? I'm good with technology, but I think my fingers are to fat for this...

hi, well, if you're free over the weekend, I'll do it for you. I'll get the screwdrivers, you get the card and phone. Mine lags like anything, so I just want to check whether yours will too. If it doesn't, I'm going to make you tell me where you got the card from.

And I'll do it for a beer. Fair deal?

bhai1981

Nov 4, 2010
My phone warrenty ends in april, may be then i'll try and upgrade SD card to 32GB class 6.

But will it surly work?

anyone any idea, or it is just trial and error type of thing?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
there is 50/50 chance of it work and not working, go for a sandisk class 2 or 4, chance are it will work, as the class wont make much of a differences.
also the mozart has only one security sticker on one of the screws, just use a pin and carefully remove it, and you wont void the warranty.

iamwin

Sep 21, 2006
Ok just installed a sandisk 32 class 4 sd card in my phone. i had to do a hard reset but it has been fine since, no lag or bugs.

Here is a tip i found as i was installing the sd card to make it easier and faster. it took me 10mins if that.
Use tweezers to remove and install old and new sd card.I used a small screw driver to lift the side of the case up to expose the sd card then just pulled it out. same process for install.

hope that saves you some time.

thanks! btw, can you provide us more details about this? like where specifically to lift, etc. :) thanks!

enemyrex

Aug 7, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
I havent had this phone long but i did a hard reset by pressing both volume buttons at start up and did a reset but still the card was not recognized is there another way to do a hard reset?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I havent had this phone long but i did a hard reset by pressing both volume buttons at start up and did a reset but still the card was not recognized is there another way to do a hard reset?

did you get the format screen by pressing and holding down the vol up/down whiles powering on with the 32GB card inside the phone.

aiwonsi

Nov 16, 2010
I replace with 8GB Class6 Sandisk, it work find.
when i test with wp bench storage write rate increase from about 1.5 to 8 MB/s
and score are about 60.

But help me please, my computer not detect my phone. It can charging but cannot connect to pc. Device Manager not found my deviceany more. :'(

Any one known where I can find usb flex cable that attached at Mozart's housing.

acidflash

Jan 17, 2006
hi, well, if you're free over the weekend, I'll do it for you. I'll get the screwdrivers, you get the card and phone. Mine lags like anything, so I just want to check whether yours will too. If it doesn't, I'm going to make you tell me where you got the card from.

And I'll do it for a beer. Fair deal?

Fair deal but .... I have upgraded to Lumia 800 since posting this and have sold the Mozart as well. Thanks for the offer though :)

bhai1981

Nov 4, 2010
My phone warrenty ends in april, may be then i'll try and upgrade SD card to 32GB class 6.

But will it surly work?

anyone any idea, or it is just trial and error type of thing?

I just replaced memory card of my Mozart and it works just fine except writing speed has reduced drastically to < 1 Mb/s, hence app installation is taking much more time than before.

only thing when i tried to reinstall app from windows phone site, it is sayinh send by SMS or mail?

what's that all about?

and also now there are two mozart appearing in myphone list, i could not understand that.......

Last edited:

adonis68

Apr 21, 2012
Tehran
Tanks a lot all... ;)

List of some memory:

Class 10
- Lexar 32GB High-Speed microSDHC Mobile (LSDMI32GBSBNAR)
- Patriot Signature 32GB Class 10 microSDHC Card (PSF32GMCSDHC10)
- Wintec FileMate Mobile Professional SDHC - Class 10 (3FMUSD32GBC10-R)
- TOPRAM 32GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Card (TRmicroSD32G_C10)

Class 6
- Komputerbay 32GB microSDHC Class 6

Class 4
- SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Class 4 Card (SDSDQM-032G-B35, SDSDQM-032G-B35A, SDSDQM-032G-B35N)
- Kingston 32GB microSDHC Flash Card (SDC4/32GB)
- Transcend 32GB microSDHC CARD Class 4 (TS32GUSDC4)
- Patriot Signature 32GB Class 4 (PSF32GMCSDHC43P)
- 3C Pro 32GB Class 4 microSDHC Card (3C_TF32G_C4)
- TOPRAM 32GB Class 4 microSDHC Card (TRmicroSD32G)

Class 2
- SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M) [North American Version]
- SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card (SDSDQ-032G-P36M) [Pacific Rim Version - should be the same as North America]
- SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card (SDSDQ-032G-E11M) [related to MemoryVal?]
- Transcend 32GB microSDHC with SD Adapter (TS32GUSDHC2)
- Dane Elec 32GB microSDHC with SD Adaptor (DA-2IN1-32G-R)
- Duracell 32GB microSDHC with SD Adaptor (DU-2IN1-32G-R) [likely the same as the Dane Elec DA-2IN1-32G-R]

=================================================

finally which one ? SanDisk 32GB Class 4 or SanDisk 32G Class 2 ??

=================================================

Last edited:

trappxl

Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Andy, thanks a ton! this video was helpful...although there were a few shots when you were doing stuff and was out of the sight of the camera...some people who try this might not be as patient but it is worth it...i installed a Sandisk 32Gb card, class 4. Like others have posted, write speed is slow as hell but a small price to pay for the expanded storage.

the mozart is a good phone! i played with a lumia 900 at an AT&T store in NYC but I won't upgrade from the Mozart until I see what's up with Apollo...

bhai1981

Nov 4, 2010
I just replaced memory card of my Mozart and it works just fine except writing speed has reduced drastically to < 1 Mb/s, hence app installation is taking much more time than before.

only thing when i tried to reinstall app from windows phone site, it is sayinh send by SMS or mail?

what's that all about?

and also now there are two mozart appearing in myphone list, i could not understand that.......

I have teste my phone speed with WP BENCH few times. Score is varying from 57 to 50. speed has definately reduced but it is still acceptable so continuing with 32 gb card.

hsemu

May 9, 2012
HTC Mozart new SD card hard reset

Upgraded HTC Mozart SD card to a 32GB Transend class 4 card.
When I try to hard reset (in the grey screen which comes up when pressing vol up and vol down during turn on), the reset screen shows the two options (press vol down to reset and press vol up for CRC).

But when vol down is pressed (once or twice or press-hold) nothing happens. The screen remains same.

Am I doing something wrong?
Any ideas if the card is not compatible?
Is there something specific to Mozart?
Could the ROM or card slot be damanged (mobile was in washing machine before I started trying the upgrade :p)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good News, there is a way to upgrade the HTC 7 Mozart and I have done it successfully .

I have attached an image of the zune screen showing the updated memory to 14.73GB

Cheers Andy

Now includes:

Video here
    and
    Photos here
    Ok Here is the link

Thanks Ralf

http://wp.me/p1azFB-J -try that

As you will see I just used an old class 2 16GB card that I had lying around, I think it is a Duracell brand !!. There were no problems with booting at all, just went straight to a message saying that the menu tiles were corrupt and asking for a reset. No noticable speed difference, but I will be getting a class 4 32Gb as soon as I can find one for a decent price.

Cheers
    Andy
    its too risky...probably i wont operate it like this...but a brilliant operation!!!
    would 32GB Class 6 work fine ? and also will this effect Updates from MS, is there any serials on SD card that have to match up or something like that ? (hope not)
    I dont know yet about a class 6 32Gb replacement, but I am going to order one and try myself, as I beleive it will be fine. I will let you know once I get it delivered.

BYW, in terms of speed comparison, I have non-scientifically compared my 16GB class2 with my wife's standard 8GB Class 4 and the results look almost identical, in fact in some tests loading into IE etc the Class 2 phone was quicker. I need to run some games though to test properly, as they run mainly from the SD card and any real speed variance will be most apparent then.

There are no serial numbers needed, what WP7 is doing is formating the card in a special way, hence the need for the hard reset. This is shown by the fact that the 8GB card removed from the phone is not Fat32 formatted when connected to a PC and therefore does not show up. Equally when you plug your WP7 phone into the usb slot, it does not show up as a Removable Disk so you cannot simply transfer files to it like with WM6 and before. It remains to be seen if it can be reformatted to use elswhere.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Andy
    Wait until warranty has expired

Hi all

I have upgraded every laptop that I have owned, just after the warranty has expired. for example, I have just put a wireless N card and Bluetooth module in my HP Touchsmart TX2Z which has just gone out of warranty, and changed the keyboard over to a UK one. I wouldn't have done this when the device was under warranty, and I wouldn't take my mobile apart while it was still under warranty either.

It is reassuring to know that this procedure can be done though. I heard somewhere that you can actually buy those void stickers on the internet (ebay probably) along with replacement water damage stickers in case you have an accident in the bath!

Cheers

andrew-in-woking