[Q] H+ What does it mean

Search This thread

azmommaof5

Jul 11, 2014
Hi there am new to the Samsung Galaxy s5. I recently bought my phone thru Verizon but decided to go to T-Mobile. I had my phone unlocked and such but ever since doing so I have a "H+" where the 4GLTE usually is. Can anyone explain what this is. Did they miss up something when unlocking the phone. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
Hi there am new to the Samsung Galaxy s5. I recently bought my phone thru Verizon but decided to go to T-Mobile. I had my phone unlocked and such but ever since doing so I have a "H+" where the 4GLTE usually is. Can anyone explain what this is. Did they miss up something when unlocking the phone. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

If im not mistaken, Tmobile doesn't offer a true LTE network in some areas.. H+ is their version of high speed data network traffic..

...only heresay...

azmommaof5

Jul 11, 2014
Yes the phone runs real slow at times. Am not sure if the guy even unlocked it probably. All he did was change the apn. Is that right. Again am new to this.

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
Yes the phone runs real slow at times. Am not sure if the guy even unlocked it probably. All he did was change the apn. Is that right. Again am new to this.
I'm afraid that in most areas tmobile is substandard compared to Verizon.. and isn't one carrier cdma and the other GSM? where are you geographically? is tmobile the superior carrier in your region... its doubtful..

azmommaof5

Jul 11, 2014
Chandler Arizona not sure who is more dominanting. How would I find out. We switched because we use a lot of data. Other then that we would've stayed with Verizon.

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
H+ could also indicate dual channel hsdpa which from memory has a limit of 42mb... In the UK many people on dc-hsdpa report speeds of around 20mb which is comparable to many LTE speeds here.

You may not be that different there.

Unless you are downloading large files through your phone, there is very little advantage on a fast data connection, a HD video will stream quite easily on 4 to 5mb