screen tint

Search This thread

tainka

Aug 7, 2011
Hello!!!
Is your screen has pure white colors with a little of bluish tint or a maybe yellow one? Is the white color cold or warm? You can check and see the screen tint if you open the stock lg calculator and look on the top part (the screen where the numbers are written)
Thank you!!!

Last edited:

tainka

Aug 7, 2011
mine too :( I had LG G2 before and it had pure white tone... I prefer the cooler tones. I would like to see more answers....

Last edited:

hakz

Feb 6, 2012
Calamba City
yellow for me too. Actually, the hue shifts when you place it on a table or so, then spin the unit slowly. It's making me nuts :eek:

ray-lee

Jun 26, 2014
well if you follow the OP and use the calculator app, and look at the "top part where the numbers are written"... then yes, everyone will be yellow, since the app itself is a yellow/green colour at the top. the bottom part where the numbers you press are, it's a grey colour.

I'm not sure how that is a reliable method to check screen tint.

surely, you'd use turn the brightness to 100% then use the LG "hidden menu" screen test to bring up a white screen to see if it's got any tint? which, when I do, is a pure white screen. no hint of blue/cool colours/yellow.

tainka

Aug 7, 2011
well if you follow the OP and use the calculator app, and look at the "top part where the numbers are written"... then yes, everyone will be yellow, since the app itself is a yellow/green colour at the top. the bottom part where the numbers you press are, it's a grey colour.

I'm not sure how that is a reliable method to check screen tint.

surely, you'd use turn the brightness to 100% then use the LG "hidden menu" screen test to bring up a white screen to see if it's got any tint? which, when I do, is a pure white screen. no hint of blue/cool colours/yellow.

on my lg g2 the top part of the calculator was grey and not yellowish. the app itself is light grey on the bottom and darker grey on the top.