[Q]How to install android x86?

Search This thread

Użytkownik

Sep 14, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with installation of android x 86 on Acer Aspire V3-731. I have ready installed Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint. I have one disk (sda) with 14gb of free space in partition sda11. So I've downloaded .iso of android x86 i doing the bootable usb with unetbootin. I reboot laptop and I chose a Legacy Bios because in Uefi pendrive doesn't boot. I selected install android x86 to harddisk and i saw an error: GPT[...]Use GNU Parted. So i trying to installed android in other pendrive, I selected pendrive, formate to fat32 and installed android, .iso image and I skipped question of installed grub but system doesn't work after reboot. What do i do? When i select to install grub and android in pendrive, i substitute linux/windows grub? It doesn't work because Linux and Windows working under Uefi?

thankfully

Sep 13, 2014
Android x86 on external USB

Hi everyone,
So i trying to installed android in other pendrive, I selected pendrive, formate to fat32 and installed android, .iso image and I skipped question of installed grub but system doesn't work after reboot. What do i do? When i select to install grub and android in pendrive, i substitute linux/windows grub? It doesn't work because Linux and Windows working under Uefi?

Have you tried formatting your destination drive with ext3 format? Also, choose yes for grub during install, and choose 'do not format'. Use third party formatting tool, like MiniTool from your Windows to prepare the destination disk.

Good Luck :)

Użytkownik

Sep 14, 2014
If I install android in pendrive and also install grub. Do I replace windows/linux grub or bootloader?

Wysłane z Moto G

thankfully

Sep 13, 2014
If I install android in pendrive and also install grub. Do I replace windows/linux grub or bootloader?

Wysłane z Moto G

As long as Android x-86 is concerned, I have been formatting and installing it for the last 2 weeks in a row. With a quest to sort just one mission out and it seems impossible to achieve....

You have created a tricky question to answer. You have a Windows computer, and have a Linux Mint (that's dual boot). And atm you are in quest of Android :)

Well with my recent experience, installing Android on 149GB external disk, using USB key drive as installer, I have had no issues with the system boot. It does not interfere.

However, a little while ago I did the same thing trying to install Ubuntu on internal disk, and it seems that it has created an entry in the Boot Options in BIOS. I don't know how to get rid of that, and it does not bother me anyways.

Secure or fast boot should take you straight to Windows when you don't want USB boot. To be on a safe side, prepare a Windows USB recovery disk, create Restore points, do back ups and cross your fingers.... just remember it is a risk you choose to take, and disasters do happen ;) Just don't curse me please ... :cowboy: