[Q] [SOLVED]Phone not connecting to Samsung KIES because of F2FS file system?

Search This thread

Clyde.D

Apr 29, 2014
I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

freakynexx

Mar 18, 2014
Shimla
I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks
I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms :)

Reactions: Clyde.D

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Tragedy on my side then. I searched over the net for this and got the same answer that KIES doesn't recognize Custom ROMs. So, I have lost my backed up data then:(

Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form :p ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data ;) u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/

Clyde.D

Apr 29, 2014
Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form :p ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data ;) u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/

I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app :confused: from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg :D which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files:(

shanbhagatul

Nov 28, 2013
Margao
I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app :confused: from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg :D which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files:(

you could have used titanium backup you know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please help. Thanks
    I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms :)