Help please: Twrp 2.7 doesn't work

Search This thread

kindleoonisi

May 23, 2014
Before updating to 2.7, I used TWRP 2.6.3.1 at my 7" kindle Fire HD (Firmware version 7.4.8). But after updating, it doesn't work. It cannot backup with the following error message:
"E:Storage partition '\\TWRP\backup\D025A0A0249411F2' not found".

I download the zip file from "Mirror 1 : Download (Goo.im)" at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2218796
Md5sum is 785f40ec03c2e10a60bb8dfe4e4f1174.

Please help me.

kindleoonisi

May 23, 2014
Um I'm assuming the first part was suppose to say /sdcard/
Try flashing the twrp zip. Double check that data is mounted and browsable.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much.

It is ok by following steps:
tap 'Mount'
tap 'Storage:Internal Storage
select 'Internal Storage'
tap 'ok'

Then I got a backup and when I tap 'Restory', it can be found at the list.

But, for the backup files by 2.6.3.1, I can not find them at the list, although both files(by 2.6.3.1 and 2.7.0.0) can be found in same folder /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/.

Is there any wrong? Please help me.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I wonder if this has to do with the newer TWRP switching to SELinux. For some reason this has happened to a few people when flashing from 2.6 to 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Your old backup may still be viewable through ES File Explorer after you flash a ROM and it may be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kindleoonisi

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
It's because idk if you noticed but that number in the backups folder is your serial number, older versions of twrp I guess didn't read the serial and defaulted to 000000000000 as the folder, just move your backups into the new folder it created and twrp should recognize them.

Reactions: kindleoonisi

kindleoonisi

May 23, 2014
It's because idk if you noticed but that number in the backups folder is your serial number, older versions of twrp I guess didn't read the serial and defaulted to 000000000000 as the folder, just move your backups into the new folder it created and twrp should recognize them.

It is ok by moving them to the same folder.

Thank you very much!

kindleoonisi

May 23, 2014
I wonder if this has to do with the newer TWRP switching to SELinux. For some reason this has happened to a few people when flashing from 2.6 to 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Your old backup may still be viewable through ES File Explorer after you flash a ROM and it may be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Um I'm assuming the first part was suppose to say /sdcard/
    Try flashing the twrp zip. Double check that data is mounted and browsable.