help... strange

Search This thread

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
So, i have a very strange problem. I had some problems with my sim reader and bought the cheapest phone i could until my new sim reader cam in. the phone i got was a windows phone. i pulled the sd card from the note 2 and stuck it in the windows phone. after the sim reader was replaced and everything was all good, i pulled the sim and sd card from the dreaded windows phone and stuck them back in the note 2. all good until i went to charge the battery. when i plug it in, i get a message if "battery disconnected"

i have tried to re-flash the rom, wipe everything including the sd and internal memory. tried different rom, different battery... different sd card

here comes the strange part. it will charge while in recovery and connect to the pc. so i don't think it can be the charging port.

i am thinking the card did something strange

any advice???

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
So, i have a very strange problem. I had some problems with my sim reader and bought the cheapest phone i could until my new sim reader cam in. the phone i got was a windows phone. i pulled the sd card from the note 2 and stuck it in the windows phone. after the sim reader was replaced and everything was all good, i pulled the sim and sd card from the dreaded windows phone and stuck them back in the note 2. all good until i went to charge the battery. when i plug it in, i get a message if "battery disconnected"

i have tried to re-flash the rom, wipe everything including the sd and internal memory. tried different rom, different battery... different sd card

here comes the strange part. it will charge while in recovery and connect to the pc. so i don't think it can be the charging port.

i am thinking the card did something strange

any advice???

I personally would Odin back to stock and see if that don't fix your issue.

AceZ71

Jan 11, 2011
Might be a silly question. Did you try a different charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
Tried to reinstall alliance with stock and agni. Still no good

Sent from my RM-977_1006 using Tapatalk

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
Odin back to stock is no good either. I just bought a charging port off eBay. I will continue to play with custom roms. Maybe I can find one that will work

Sent from my RM-977_1006 using Tapatalk

AceZ71

Jan 11, 2011
You said you replaced the SIM slot, you didn't by accident jar the charging port ribbon cable loose or damage it? Hopefully the replacement gets you up and charging properly.

Sent from my SCH-I605

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
replacement usb port did not do it.

i still think it has something to do with that damn windows phone and the sd card

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
The only 2 roms that work are sky note and dn3. Still strange.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Might be a silly question. Did you try a different charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605

The only 2 roms that work are sky note and dn3. Still strange.

This is strange.. I have a suggestion.. try going into Settings> Backup & Reset and do a factory reset from there..if that doesn't work try odin the stock recovery and then perform a factory reset in the Stock recovery..just follow the steps in the sticky general thread for Data Corruption

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
I have odin back to stock. Factory reset in rom and recovery. I have tried a new recovery. Used the pit file while odin back. I have ##rtn# Changed battery. Changed usb port. I will have to look in the data corruption thread. I feel like it will be something dumb.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I have odin back to stock. Factory reset in rom and recovery. I have tried a new recovery. Used the pit file while odin back. I have ##rtn# Changed battery. Changed usb port. I will have to look in the data corruption thread. I feel like it will be something dumb.

It's dumb when it indeed helps people.. So you did a factory reset in STOCK recovery..Not philz or twrp..STOCK

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
Well..... I know I wiped cache and dalvik... with stock recovery. but maybe not a factory reset. I will try. I will try anything for that matter.

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
I figured the ##rtn# from stock would do it. But.... nope.

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
Nope, factory reset did not solve it. still same.
if i adb shell and mount and post results, would that help?
or a logcat or something?

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
W/AlarmManager( 2387): FACTORY_ON= 0

W/PowerManagerService( 2387): Timer 0x1->0x0|0x1

E/PowerManagerService( 2387): CurLock p:3 mPS:1

W/PowerManagerService( 2387): type=SCREEN_DIM_WAKE_LOCK 'PowerUI' active (minState=1) activeT=1437384 uid=10120 pid=2814

W/PowerManagerService( 2387): type=PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'PowerUI' active (minState=0) activeT=1437381 uid=10120 pid=2814

this is what I found in my logcat

I plug in, i get an info box with "battery disconnected" and an ok button. i click ok, and turn off screen.
shortly after, 2 beeps and a dim screen back to the info box. so I know this is the right place in the log.

this is from an "I" log