[ROOT] (Kingo Root Tool) - No ODIN flash required! Knox stays cool (0x0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Titanium still has issues even if you use TB fix. "Known issue for now" A new version will be released soon that will fix some issues such as rebooting with 4 in 1 mod.

Sent From Heaven on my Note 3

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

can u delete system-apps? blotware

Yes

Reactions: KornY10

hawkye

May 25, 2010
Has anyone tried to install and use xposed framework after rooting with kingo procedure?

Yeah I was rooted with the Chinese method which was working great with Xposed. I just couldn't stand the root app they used. I unrooted with Kingo then rooted using it. I am getting some errors that seem to be from 4 Way Reboot menu so I disabled it. Seems to be working fine so far.

Reactions: aegis71

@esther

Jul 3, 2012
Málaga
www.notemania.es
Yeah I was rooted with the Chinese method which was working great with Xposed. I just couldn't stand the root app they used. I unrooted with Kingo then rooted using it. I am getting some errors that seem to be from 4 Way Reboot menu so I disabled it. Seems to be working fine so far.

And your knox, it is in 0.0 and status oficial now?

Enviado desde mi ♥ note 3 ♥ www.gadgetsnews.es

HokutoNoFred

Sep 3, 2010
New Kingo root released (1.1.1).
Did anyone try it, and could confirm if apps restorations with Titanium Backup are OK?

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

samsonlaw

Apr 18, 2008
Please don't try this, I've tried to use it to apply on my LTE version with latest firmware N9005ZHUDMJ8_N9005ZZHDMJ8, my device was rooted successfully but triggerd knox to 0x1 :(

Last edited:

4l3gU

Sep 1, 2011
Someone can put online version 1.1.0 of Kingo ... thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
In this new version:

1. SuperSU updated to the latest version of v1.65
2. Fixed bugs concerning the conflict issue with certain apps after employing root script on Samsung Galaxy Note2,Note3 and S Series.
3. Removed several root scripts due to license issue, which would effect few SONY models.

Download from Kingo: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Fast Mirror Download: http://limelinx.com/d3sa6

Titanium does work as it always has. If you do a full titanium restore some apps may cause conflict causing the system unstable. Also you need to use TB restore in the app store after restoring apps.

SM-N9002
SM-N9005
SM-N9006
SM-N9009
SM-N9008
SM-N900V
SM-N900A
SM-N900P
SM-N900T
SM-N900W8
SM-N900L
SM-N900
SM-N900S

Reactions: daoxinh

thedegg

Dec 2, 2008
warning to all knox triggers

WARNING
I confirm, do not use as triggers knox on N9005XXUDMJ6

Jack Barrett

Jul 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
At first I didn't trust them. Their site is very slow, nobody knows them, nothing special. And after the comment from somebody that triggered 0x1, I was even more afraid.

Well I took the risk. Just downloaded from their site (current version 1.1.1).
It started downloading samsung drivers with 2 kb/s (riduculous). Thankfully I had them in the Kies folder so I installed them and I was able to skip this step.

Clicked on ROOT button. It was slow process (around 3-4 minutes). Phone restarted twice. And boom - ROOT on device.

Just checked download mode -
Device Status: Custom
Knox: 0x0

Cheers:p

HokutoNoFred

Sep 3, 2010
In this new version:

1. SuperSU updated to the latest version of v1.65
2. Fixed bugs concerning the conflict issue with certain apps after employing root script on Samsung Galaxy Note2,Note3 and S Series.
3. Removed several root scripts due to license issue, which would effect few SONY models.

Download from Kingo: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Fast Mirror Download: http://limelinx.com/d3sa6

Titanium does work as it always has. If you do a full titanium restore some apps may cause conflict causing the system unstable. Also you need to use TB restore in the app store after restoring apps.

SM-N9002
SM-N9005
SM-N9006
SM-N9009
SM-N9008
SM-N900V
SM-N900A
SM-N900P
SM-N900T
SM-N900W8
SM-N900L
SM-N900
SM-N900S

Titanium Backup is not working properly on my XXUBMJ3 with Kingo Root 1.1.0.

Restored apps are force-closed after few seconds of a black screen.

Did your restored apps work properly after Kingo Root 1.1.1?

If so, can I just re-root my Note 3 with the new version of the tool, or do I have to un-root and/or reset before that?

Thanks in advance for any information.

cottino

Aug 11, 2010
At first I didn't trust them. Their site is very slow, nobody knows them, nothing special. And after the comment from somebody that triggered 0x1, I was even more afraid.

Well I took the risk. Just downloaded from their site (current version 1.1.1).
It started downloading samsung drivers with 2 kb/s (riduculous). Thankfully I had them in the Kies folder so I installed them and I was able to skip this step.

Clicked on ROOT button. It was slow process (around 3-4 minutes). Phone restarted twice. And boom - ROOT on device.

Just checked download mode -
Device Status: Custom
Knox: 0x0

Cheers:p

What is your current firmware?

cottino

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe the cause that triggered knox status is new mj6-mj8 firmware and not kingoapp 1.1.1

Last edited:

Jack Barrett

Jul 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Maybe the cause that triggered knox status is new mj6-mj8 firmware and not kingoapp 1.1.1

Just installed MJ6 BTU over MJ3 ITV with ODIN without wipe. 0x0 still but lost root. Now rooting again with Kingo and I will let you know if that triggers 0x1.

Edit:
Stuck on "Fetching sripts" for 5 minutes. Their site is ultra slow.
It tries to download this:
http://www.kingoapp.com/download/android_root.exe.sig
http://android-rom.b0.upaiyun.com/script__ch_v4__/samsung_SM-N9005_flash.sbin
http://android-rom.b0.upaiyun.com/script__ch_v4__/samsung_flash.sbin
Disconnected, tried again, went past fetching scripts and it was doing the same thing over and over and reset my device like 10 times and I stopped it. Obviously MJ6 has better security against root.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

even though (literally) NOBODY answered my simple questions when I was desperate to figure out how to get my Note 3 rooted while keeping Knox 0x0 after I updated to MJ3 through odin to get rid of branding, here it is:
    (what a long sentence lol)

I could not use Root de la Vega I was told, because I took the update to MJ3 with a different bootloader, so I had to find something else. (phone is just 3 days old lol, didnt want to trip knox yet - even if it won't matter for warranty here in europe)

WARNING: I'm not taking resposibility if you brick your phone or if things do not work as I described here, I just wanted to share the info and my experience with others. What you do with it is your own thing! I was worried that this tool is fake so I would have been glad about more infos before trying it myself..

Working for Snapdragon only afaik!

(This isnt my work and I'm not related in any way - so give those guys credit and like em on facebook etc..)

With this app I could root my German N3 with the latest stock firmware, and knox stayed 0x0.

There could still be problems - but so far it seems to work as root is supposed to work with full write access to system partition.

(adb remount did not work for me, but system was actually mounted writable to root already, and remounting system in shell did work as well).

---

Steps to get your Note rooted without having to touch odin and risking Knox flag to trip:

1. Download the android_root.exe from kingoapp.com (I'm still a bit suspicious since the thing does not have that much reputation, but who would program a working root tool just to distribute viruses etc? and its definitely working!)

2. Turn off OTA-Updates, Reactivation-Lock, Security-Updates (just to make sure - dont know if these are really necessary, but it wont hurt either)

3. Turn on USB-Debugging.

4. Install and start the android_root.exe from kingoapp.com and connect the phone when asked to.

5. Most likely it will install drivers (again... even though I had all drivers installed it downloaded the samsung drivers again, but in snail speed - so it takes a while to finish..) and ask you to disconnect/reconnect the phone.

6. It will then give you a nice big and red "Root" button, in addition to some infos.

7. Click root, and if I remember correctly there is one final step - to allow adb shell root access in su.

8. After that reboot the damn thing and enjoy root with knox still at 0x0.

9. Thank the guys who created this app (and like on facebook/twitter)!

10. (if you feel like). Click the thanks button below =)​

No need to "risk it" by flashing modified odin files! (absolute noob-friendly and probably also noob-proof™ tool)

(during the whole process knox was "freaking out" a few times, the usualy prevention notification, but it seems that the kingo root tries different approaches and once it succeeded my phone did a soft reboot - screen black for a second and then booting again)

----

ADD:eek:ff course your system-status will show "custom" when using this, but knox and binary counter/flag stay 0x0. I heard from some other guy that you can restore to full stock with kies 3 by just flashing the firmware you are on again. This also keeps knox 0x0 I heard, but I cannot confirm yet since who wants a non-rooted phone here anyway? =) Only useful incase you need warranty repair - then I would give it a try.
    Restored apps are failing in my case.

For both Android 4.1.2 and Android 4.3 apps...

Only my SMS restoration worked.

Titanium still has issues even if you use TB fix. "Known issue for now" A new version will be released soon that will fix some issues such as rebooting with 4 in 1 mod.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

can u delete system-apps? blotware

Yes

Mod Edit

This thread will stay closed while this application remains under investigation.

malybru
    Forum Moderator