Sony notification sounds?

Search This thread

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
The latest update got rid of the Sony notification sounds and replaced them with stock androids, which is all well and good, but I would still like to have them. Anybody have them in a zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Just head over to the android development section, download any older version of roms like 4.2, unzip it, locate the system folder/ media/audio/notifications, should be one of those Ogg files. Use root explorer or of your choice and move that or those Ogg files and replace your current ones or add and rmb to set the correct permissions.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?

My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.

yea that ui clicking sound is only one file and requires root.

if your friend is planning to root
system/media/audio/ui/ "effect_tick.ogg"

thats the only file you need to replace with the older effect_tick.ogg the permission of rw-r-r. or just flash the above file :good: