O2 UK original Firmware for Galaxy S3

Search This thread

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
Kilarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Hi all, I have tried to unlock my galaxy S3 gt i 9300, which is locked to O2 UK. I live in Ireland and bought the phone from a guy on e bay. I got the unlock code from two different sources and both are the same, but neither will unlock the phone, I have tried the unfreeze code too but it gets me nowhere. Entering the keyboard codes does not work either. The firmware baseband version which is on the phone at present is I9300XXUGMK6, the build number is JSS15J.I9300XXUGNA5, I feel that if I can get the phone back to it's original O2 UK firmware then I might be able to unlock the thing. My problem is that I have found I9300XXALE8_I9300O2UALE5_O2U to be the original firmware, but the link to it from every site is dead and I cannot download it, all the links were to hotfile and we all know what became of it. If anyone has any other suggestions as to how I might unlock my phone then I would be more than happy to try them.

Best wishes Wez

Last edited:

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Flash the latest o2u, root it with cf autoroot, nvdata unlock method. Do not attempt to go back from 4.3 as you will half cabbage your phone. The efs changed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kerrywez

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
Flash the latest o2u, root it with cf autoroot, nvdata unlock method. Do not attempt to go back from 4.3 as you will half cabbage your phone. The efs changed.

Many thanks I will try that now and let you know how I get on, though the guy I got the second code from tells me the phone should not be rooted, if it is he says that the code will not work. But anything is worth a try so I will try it before I root the phone.

Thanks again best wishes Wez

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
Many thanks I will try that now and let you know how I get on, though the guy I got the second code from tells me the phone should not be rooted, if it is he says that the code will not work. But anything is worth a try so I will try it before I root the phone.

Thanks again best wishes Wez

At the risk of sound stupid, I am going to ask one question, where do I find said latest stock ROM for my O2 UK S3, because all the ones I find are not on any link that works, they nearly all try to send me to hotfile, would seem that nobody has taken the trouble to put up any mirror download links, which has left me very frustrated. Hope someone can please point me in the right direction, because I have a phone which is of no use to me.

Best wishes and good luck Wez

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
At the risk of sound stupid, I am going to ask one question, where do I find said latest stock ROM for my O2 UK S3, because all the ones I find are not on any link that works, they nearly all try to send me to hotfile, would seem that nobody has taken the trouble to put up any mirror download links, which has left me very frustrated. Hope someone can please point me in the right direction, because I have a phone which is of no use to me.

here
may require registration

Last edited:
Reactions: kerrywez

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Samsung updates are always on slow hosts. It costs a lot of money to hire server space and free hosts that do over a Gb is as rare as hens teeth.. how did you get on?

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
Many thanks to all who helped with my problem, I managed to get my s3 unlocked, just need to get it rooted now and get rid of the stupid thing keeps going to safe mode when booted normally, but if I boot whilst holding the home key (the middle one at the bottom) then the phone will try to boot into download mode, I then hit the volume down button and hole the home key again, this time the phone reboots itself and will boot into a non safe mode. Though this is not ideal and someone needs to find a cure for this, it is better than nothing. Tried to flash the resurrection remix ROM, but it stopped when a bit was done and failed will try some other custom ROM when I get the chance, at the moment my phone is keeping going back to the recovery screen.

Will let you know what happens, best wishes Wez

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
Many thanks to all who helped with my problem, I managed to get my s3 unlocked, just need to get it rooted now and get rid of the stupid thing keeps going to safe mode when booted normally, but if I boot whilst holding the home key (the middle one at the bottom) then the phone will try to boot into download mode, I then hit the volume down button and hole the home key again, this time the phone reboots itself and will boot into a non safe mode. Though this is not ideal and someone needs to find a cure for this, it is better than nothing. Tried to flash the resurrection remix ROM, but it stopped when a bit was done and failed will try some other custom ROM when I get the chance, at the moment my phone is keeping going back to the recovery screen.

Will let you know what happens, best wishes Wez

To get out of the recovery boot lock I had to leave the phone with the battery out of it for about 5 minutes, I was then able to get into download mode, by booting with the volumes down and home buttons held. I then used Odin to reflash the stock firmware again, which it did OK.Then I needed to root the phone again so I did that. I then downloaded the Android Revolution DH-SGS3, moved it to the external SD card, rebooted into recovery and flashed it to the phone, but again the phone went into it's crazy recovery boot loop, at the moment I have the battery out of kit and will try replacing it now and booting into the new ROM. It appears to be booting into the rom now, it has been on the Samsung screen for a while now and I am hoping that it will boot into the rom given a little time, this being it's first boot. OK all booted up OK, the only problem that remains is the bleeding thing booting into safe mode, but lots of people have got that.

Happy days, best wishes Wez

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
I have never encountered that issue before. When exactly did the boot issue start?

Glad you got this far!.

The boot issue started after I had tried to flash with another rim, which I feel was not fully downloaded, at any rate the flash was abandoned and when I went back through the options and hit the reboot now, it went into the loop. I had to remove the battery and leave it out for about 5 minutes, less might have done, when I reinstalled the battery, I went into download and using Odin flashed the phone with a stock rom and rooted it, then I flashed the android revelation rom, the phone again got stuck on the loop, this time I took the battery out the phone and left it, again for about 5 minutes, then replaced the battery and hit the power button and the phone booted into the rom, after a few minutes. I have been using this rom for a while now, but have noticed that for some reason the sound, for everything goes of completely, nit found a cure for that yet, but I am downloading the Echoe rom now, it will soon be finished, and I am going to flash it as soon as I can. I have the Echoe rom on my SGS4 and like it very much. I shall let you know if I have the same problem with this rom, when I flash it, the loop that is.

Best wishes Wez

kerrywez

Nov 29, 2010
The boot issue started after I had tried to flash with another rim, which I feel was not fully downloaded, at any rate the flash was abandoned and when I went back through the options and hit the reboot now, it went into the loop. I had to remove the battery and leave it out for about 5 minutes, less might have done, when I reinstalled the battery, I went into download and using Odin flashed the phone with a stock rom and rooted it, then I flashed the android revelation rom, the phone again got stuck on the loop, this time I took the battery out the phone and left it, again for about 5 minutes, then replaced the battery and hit the power button and the phone booted into the rom, after a few minutes. I have been using this rom for a while now, but have noticed that for some reason the sound, for everything goes of completely, nit found a cure for that yet, but I am downloading the Echoe rom now, it will soon be finished, and I am going to flash it as soon as I can. I have the Echoe rom on my SGS4 and like it very much. I shall let you know if I have the same problem with this rom, when I flash it, the loop that is.

Best wishes Wez

The Echoe ROM flashed without any further loop and to my surprise the phone did not boot into safe mode, so an improvement there, with both. But the sound is still a problem. I have since the first boot had to reboot several times and the damned thing is back to the bloody safe mode. To get round it now I have to hold the volume down, the home and power keys, to take me to the screen for download, when there I push the volume down and the phone goes to reboot, in it's own, while it is doing that I hold the home button, the phones boots without going into safe mode. I have tried to do it the way I was before, but it is not working that way now, so got to go down the way of booting into the download screen, but at least it works.

Very best wishes and good luck Wez

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Interesting.. it would seem that the issue lies with custom roms. Which recovery are you using? Cwm 6032 is a good recovery to start with, moving on to 6047. I had issues with twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

here
    may require registration