[Q] Insufficient free storage space error

Search This thread

antila

Sep 30, 2006
Portland, OR
Hello!
Yesterday I've upgraded my rom to 4.4.2 KitKat NC5. Right now after I'm trying to do backup with my Titanium Backup app batch backup for new system and user apps I'm getting the message "Batch backup interrupted. Insufficient free storage space", I still have 20 gb of free space on my SD card. How can I fix it?

Last edited:

toviaheli

Mar 11, 2006
Minnesota
www.TovRose.com
Hello!
Yesterday I've upgraded my rom to 4.4.2 KitKat NC5. Right now after I'm trying to do backup with my Titanium Backup app batch backup for new system and user apps I'm getting the message "Batch backup interrupted. Insufficient free storage space", I still have 20 gb of free space on my SD card. How can I fix it?

The only fix I found was to delete the /data/date folder and then factory reset.

Hope that helps.

antila

Sep 30, 2006
Portland, OR
Sorry, big fingers on a small keyboard, I meant to delete the /Data/Data folder in Root on internal storage...

I've tried everything but only this has worked.

So I was having this same problem but the aforementioned fixes didn't address the external SD card. I figured out that the error message is a bit misleading and that the actual problem was that the backup storage location wasn't writable by TiBU. searching on that issue I found the below post and modified the platform.XML file using root explorer. The original platform.xml on my phone looked a bit different than bleez99's. This is how I changed the file:

Before mod:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

After Mod:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

A reboot is required for changes to take effect.

All credit to bleez99 for this fix. If this helps you please thank his post below.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44370296&postcount=357

edit:
For those worried about moding system files I haven't seen any adverse side effects from this mod. This might be anecdotal but I figure if anything does go screwy I(or you) can always change the file back in 2 min.