Batteries for Optimus Black

Search This thread

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Too much calories. Btw. With zeus 4.02b i can go a whole day without charging. And i think different charger can make it longer. Btw my ob always hot when charging with original charger. Why is that?

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

The original charger is 1A which is way to much for 1500 mA battery, that's why the phone heats so much while charging.
Rule of the thumb for rechargeable batteries is to use about 20-30 % of the amps to charge = 300-450 mA. And there are not any chargers with this specs (at least not new ones) , so get the lowest amp micro usb with 5 volt rating.
I use Samsung charger 500mA and battery takes longer to charge but last way longer too. And phone doesn't get hot during the charging.

Reactions: zzynxx

zzynxx

Oct 3, 2011
Johor Bahru
The original charger is 1A which is way to much for 1500 mA battery, that's why the phone heats so much while charging.
Rule of the thumb for rechargeable batteries is to use about 20-30 % of the amps to charge = 300-450 mA. And there are not any chargers with this specs (at least not new ones) , so get the lowest amp micro usb with 5 volt rating.
I use Samsung charger 500mA and battery takes longer to charge but last way longer too. And phone doesn't get hot during the charging.

Does the heat harmless? Sometime it get so hot i was scared that it might harm my ob. And yeah. I sometime use samsung charger and it never hot. Maybe LG doing it on purpose. :mad:

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Heat indeed is harmful for the life of the battery, battery being chemically active too hot or too cold is not good.
And even more ,too much heat can burst the battery.
No panic though, there are safety detectors that will stop the charging if it gets unsafely hot.
The same with intelligent battery chargers when the battery gets too hot they switch to trickle charge.

Last edited:

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro

Can you tell me how much the battery improved with 500mA charger.

My mom's SE x8 charger is 850mA...so i'm going to try that.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Same usage gives better usage time but it is hard to say how much without exact comparison test.
It is imperative to make sure the voltage is the same though!!!
Edit : 4.8v to 5v :)

Last edited:

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Why is it so imperative ?

Damn !! SE charger puts out 5V , comparing to OB's 4.8V

That's what i meant. 4.8 to 5 volts is ok.
Much more or much less is no good.
Basically most if not all new phones are able to charge on usb port and that is 500mA 5v .
It is a strange design from LG to make this charger....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGripper

jhony251

May 27, 2008
www.isytec.net
OnePlus 6
Does anyone knows how many mA offers an USB-PC conection?.
Does anyone knows if an USB-PC connections offer exactly 5v?

If both things are right, a PC is the best charger really?

Thanks in advance.

scamex

Feb 8, 2011
Can you tell me how much the battery improved with 500mA charger.

My mom's SE x8 charger is 850mA...so i'm going to try that.

Dont bother thinking at batteries. I got a 5000 mA battery from a store, mode it, and began to test it. With 1 hour on youtube, few calls lasting no more than 20 minutes, 3 videoclips, 15 hours of inactivity battery was at 1%.
I`m on zeus v6.1 and i think that you can put a 199999999999999 mA battery and you will get same drain.

Sorry for my english.

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Dont bother thinking at batteries. I got a 5000 mA battery from a store, mode it, and began to test it. With 1 hour on youtube, few calls lasting no more than 20 minutes, 3 videoclips, 15 hours of inactivity battery was at 1%.
I`m on zeus v6.1 and i think that you can put a 199999999999999 mA battery and you will get same drain.

Sorry for my english.

Nothing to argue there mate but even with the current issues with Data tracker my battery lasts 5-6 hours heavy hammering - games, video calls and fast browsing.
When i add the battery pack ( coinsidently mine is 5Ah as well) = 2-3 days of no worries.
The issues are result of trying to improve. Not happy ? Feel free to abandon ROM, at least there are plenty of ROMs at the moment.
Dont forget Huexxx has life as well.

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro

Sorry for my english.

Battery life sounds worst with a 5000 Ah battery than the stock one. If I were you I would consider a possibility that you got a fake battery. I heard they sell a lot of those...

frost_cz

May 1, 2012
Prague
Hey I wanna share my experiences with this battery and I hope it will help others who are considering purchase :)

I can't post links so on the dealextreme this battery is under SKU code : SKU 106072

Little bit of backgroud:

After update my LG OB to android 2.3.4 (provider Vodafone CZ) I have encountered lot of problems - poor response, lot of lags, whole phone was very lazy :(
I have downgraded back to 2.2.2 make root and install custom rom ravenous v4.0 xperiaS(v20n stock rom) 2.3.4 GB Deodexed!
This rom is great, fast response, no lags, nice design :)

With stock battery and original LG roms I have problem to reach 24 hours battery life, battery was draining too fast. I usualy get around 18hours and I have to recharge. That was reason, why I have decided to purchase bigger battery.

I am currently running with this ravenous rom and this extra battery and right now i have after 1 day and 15 hours 19% of battery remaining :)

I am very satisfied because with stock rom and stock battery my OB have to daily visit charger. With this battery I have more than 100% battery life.

I hope the duration of battery life will improve after few charging cycles.

Well the phone is pretty thick, but the weight is still OK, for me is the priority duration on battery.

Last edited:

aniym

Jul 13, 2009
Hey I wanna share my experiences with this battery and I hope it will help others who are considering purchase :)

I can't post links so on the dealextreme this battery is under SKU code : SKU 106072

Little bit of backgroud:

After update my LG OB to android 2.3.4 (provider Vodafone CZ) I have encountered lot of problems - poor response, lot of lags, whole phone was very lazy :(
I have downgraded back to 2.2.2 make root and install custom rom ravenous v4.0 xperiaS(v20n stock rom) 2.3.4 GB Deodexed!
This rom is great, fast response, no lags, nice design :)

With stock battery and original LG roms I have problem to reach 24 hours battery life, battery was draining too fast. I usualy get around 18hours and I have to recharge. That was reason, why I have decided to purchase bigger battery.

I am currently running with this ravenous rom and this extra battery and right now i have after 1 day and 15 hours 19% of battery remaining :)

I am very satisfied because with stock rom and stock battery my OB have to daily visit charger. With this battery I have more than 100% battery life.

I hope the duration of battery life will improve after few charging cycles.

Well the phone is pretty thick, but the weight is still OK, for me is the priority duration on battery.

I had the same problem on the LG updated 2.3.4 on Telus (Canada). No improvement in battery life, bad lag, etc.

It was after rooting and flashing Zeus, which came with the Batterycalibration app that I'm finally starting to see decent life (15-18 hours normal usage). Before it would die in 7 hours or so with very little usage and get very hot when browsing normal, non-flash websites.

Still, I'm interested in getting the battery you mentioned, unfortunately, there are no reviews on DX to corroborate yours.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replac...-case-for-lg-optimus-black-p970-106072?item=2

henriguners

May 12, 2012
Jepara
Many battery,come with fake capacity.. fusion OEM batery with portable charge,,look great.:D:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

zagarfan

May 27, 2012
The only thing what i hate in OB the battery...

Now I using Zeus Rom and ICS alpha both, and I surprised that my battery has much more energy then before...

I think the battery will always be a problem for OB!!

navossoc

Jul 1, 2011
São Paulo
How much time you guys can use the battery without recharge (standby)?

I'm already in 3 days, but I already got 5 days.
(stock V20C, root, without lg social stuff)

Now I'm using the CM7, I'm loving it :)

[]'s

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Did anyone already find a good battery? Which can last about 2 days of medium use? Like a 1900 mAh one? Cause I can find pretty many, but they all seem to be fake... Hope anyone already has got some results on them ;)

Top Liked Posts