O2X minor patch for freezing/reboot released for Europe (Someone check?)

Search This thread

bedevil99

Feb 6, 2011
London
I think, in my case the OTA not working, is due to the fact that Vodafone UK isn't actually selling the O2X. Bought mine through Phones4U. Since OTAs are a network affair as in they need to be approved by the carrier, I find it more than plausible that vodafone doesn't have a dedicated server or anything similar for this device. However, this is just me thinking out loud - I know I am not supposed to do that :D

EDIT: just checked that no network is actually selling this phone only resellers :(

Last edited:
I think, in my case the OTA not working, is due to the fact that Vodafone UK isn't actually selling the O2X. Bought mine through Phones4U. Since OTAs are a network affair as in they need to be approved by the carrier, I find it more than plausible that vodafone doesn't have a dedicated server or anything similar for this device. However, this is just me thinking out loud - I know I am not supposed to do that :D

EDIT: just checked that no network is actually selling this phone only resellers :(

Sounds plausible to me. Purchased mine over the web as so is unbranded. OTA error message for me as well. Happy using the LG software tool tbh.

So long as they hurry up and release the fix and gingerbread through it mind ;)

ULJ

Jun 6, 2009
If the phone is unbranded then the OTA server it connects to is one from LG. So if you have an unbranded phone and OTA does not work then there is something wrong with your phone.

OTA works perfectly in Denmark on all unbranded O2X.

thatguychris

Apr 10, 2011
London

I did the same and I have no OTA upsate either I always get authentication error too!

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x using xda premium app

tenaci

Feb 28, 2008
Haarlem
Thnx for the tip 2 reboot and then check for updates but nothing so far. I hope the get here quick whit the 2.3 update. I dont get why its taking so long:(

bedevil99

Feb 6, 2011
London
If the phone is unbranded then the OTA server it connects to is one from LG. So if you have an unbranded phone and OTA does not work then there is something wrong with your phone.

OTA works perfectly in Denmark on all unbranded O2X.

Well then we might have a problem here, although you must admit that it seems rather strange that only devices here in the UK are having this problem

DanVanDamn

Jun 24, 2010
No update in Germany yet. I get the direction that I only can update via WiFi and over WiFi my phone says that I already have the latest software (v10c, without branding).

I'm curious if 'this week' means the same than the 'soon' in 'there will be soon an update for Gingerbread'. ;)

goatee

Apr 1, 2009
I suspect the issue is rather that LG aren't supporting OTA updates in the UK, and rather require you to plug in and use the (crappy) LG update tool.

waynefox

Feb 4, 2006
Cambridge
Just checked OTA on my handset today and it now works ish.

Well it now says i have the latest version rather than the usual authentication failure

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

thatguychris

Apr 10, 2011
London
Good shouted I've just checked mine aswell and it also says I'm on latest version instead of authentication error :)

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x using xda premium app

ULJ

Jun 6, 2009
LG Sweden said may 27th (Friday) according to swedish XDA member.

My personally guess is Friday or Monday (the very last of may). That is if LG can hold their promise :rolleyes:

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
I mailed LG Europe yesterday and got this answer:

"Vi är medvetna om att ett antal kunder tyvärr upplever en del problem med telefonen. Det kommer att släppas en uppdatering som ska lösa dessa problem nu i slutet på maj, med andra ord vilken dag som helst nu. Uppdateringen till 2.3 är också på gång och kommer att släppas till sommaren. Har tyvärr inget mer exakt datum att ge dig ang 2.3 uppdateringen."

What it basically says is that they know some ppl are having troubles with the 2X, and the patch are going to be released any day now. And they don't know exactly when 2.3 comes out, but it will be released in the summer.

awf

May 9, 2008
I mailed LG Europe yesterday and got this answer:

"Vi är medvetna om att ett antal kunder tyvärr upplever en del problem med telefonen. Det kommer att släppas en uppdatering som ska lösa dessa problem nu i slutet på maj, med andra ord vilken dag som helst nu. Uppdateringen till 2.3 är också på gång och kommer att släppas till sommaren. Har tyvärr inget mer exakt datum att ge dig ang 2.3 uppdateringen."

What it basically says is that they know some ppl are having troubles with the 2X, and the patch are going to be released any day now. And they don't know exactly when 2.3 comes out, but it will be released in the summer.

Thanks for the update, well summer can be long, why I'm not surprised by LG :rolleyes:

shanume

May 21, 2009
LG Sweden said may 27th (Friday) according to swedish XDA member.

My personally guess is Friday or Monday (the very last of may). That is if LG can hold their promise :rolleyes:

yeah I hope we will get this update soon in denmark :D there are only few day to end of May.

waynefox

Feb 4, 2006
Cambridge
I received a message from LG yesterday saying the update should now be available but as of this morning v10d is still the latest for the UK

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

KeePeeR26

Apr 1, 2011
Verona
:eek::eek::eek:

Optimus Dual delay in updating the end of May.

released by LG in the Box on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 14:01

We regret having to announce that the software version expected by the end of the month - in order to solve the instability problems alleged by some customers - has been postponed for several weeks. Troubleshooting is taking longer than expected because of the systematic nature of the anomalies reported, involving only a part of owners of LG Dual Optimus. Many customers have found the solution to instability in fact known (and reset the product off the phone is charging) with the upgrade to version V10b, we recommend that in any case to make. We also recommend that you reset the product to the factory settings using the menu "Privacy" after the upgrade.

However, we are aware of the hardships that some of you are trying with our product. All resources are stretched to the limit of LG to release a best software as soon as possible, but at present we have to move the deadline for issuing the second half of June. We will do everything possible to bring forward this date. We apologize again with all of you who have given us confidence when you buy LG Dual Optimus.

More news on the software release will be released on the official media, or the Facebook fanpage "LG in the Box" and "Italy LG - Life's Good"and the official blog LGBlog.it.