Galaxy note vs galaxy nexus

Search This thread

soudy1994

Jun 9, 2011
New Cairo
first of all sorry if this is the wrong section cuz idk where this thread shud be
i wanna know which phone to buy galaxy note or nexus
currently i have galaxy s i9000 and i dun really like it and am bored of samsung customer support cuz till now they didn't release a bug free gb firmware so i was thinking about a nexus phone so i can get updates once it's released without touchwiz **** but i also like the galaxy note with its huge display :D

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Neither. Wait till CES for the newer S3

EDIT: wait for MWC

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Last edited:

Shark_On_Land

Sep 17, 2011
San Jose, Cali
You're my age cut the capital D happy faces.

The Note is going to be like the dell streak. I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct. They phone/tablet had horrible sales. This seems to be a little smaller but I think 4.6 is max . I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain.

Galaxy nexus is my next phone the moment it drops on the sprint network

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App. Developer of brickROM, and OP of XDA Thread of The Year 2011.

MattSkeet

Sep 9, 2010
Derby
When is CES? Now!!! Have you heard anything? NO! next event is MWC which is end of Feb. After announcement (if any ) it will be about 3 months till release ....might be even later due to geographical reasons ..
Get either of the phones don't wait its not worth it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
You're my age cut the capital D happy faces.

The Note is going to be like the dell streak. I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct. They phone/tablet had horrible sales. This seems to be a little smaller but I think 4.6 is max . I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain.

Galaxy nexus is my next phone the moment it drops on the sprint network

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App. Developer of brickROM, and OP of XDA Thread of The Year 2011.

I'm fact, its bigger than Dell Streak

-------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire S

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
Wait for CES? Serious? CES is pretty much over already. If you wait, you'll have to wait until CES 2013. Haha.

MWC is in late February though. Rumors are Samsung will announce the SGS3 then and there. We'll see.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
When is CES? Now!!! Have you heard anything? NO! next event is MWC which is end of Feb. After announcement (if any ) it will be about 3 months till release ....might be even later due to geographical reasons ..
Get either of the phones don't wait its not worth it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

^ yup. What mattskeet said.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Technically, you cant make a comparison between a tablet n a smartphone. But i have to agree it is a pain in my pocket to carry it all around the hall day ;( im searching for a small bag that can fit my Note and can hang on my belt. Hopefully i can find one.. ^^

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

isimme

Jan 7, 2008
New York City
In Response to Shark_On_Land:

"You're my age cut the capital D happy faces."
Who gives a **** about someone using smileys!
Can you be more superficial about stupid ****?:D

"The Note is going to be like the dell streak."
-wrong, Samsung has already sold a million

"I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct."
-your reasoning for this is incorrect. The streak was marketed extremely badly,
shipped with an very old version of android, and had performance issues.

"They phone/tablet had horrible sales."
-Yes as stated above for different reasons which are not an issue with Samsung Note and as stated they have sold a million Samsung Notes already.

"This seems to be a little smaller but I think 4.6 is max."
-a pattern of you being wrong again and again...
The Samsung Note is 5.3 which is even bigger then the Dell Streak.

"I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain."
-another assumption? It is not a problem to have this phone even in the skinny pants that I wear all the time and I am extremely physically active.

"Galaxy nexus is my next phone the moment it drops on the sprint network"
-another bad choice, most of the world uses GSM and for good reason. If your are going to go with CDMA at least go with Verizon who has acceptable coverage only in the US. AT&T with an unlocked phone is the best choice especially if you are worldly and like to travel.

soudy1994

Jun 9, 2011
New Cairo
Technically, you cant make a comparison between a tablet n a smartphone. But i have to agree it is a pain in my pocket to carry it all around the hall day ;( im searching for a small bag that can fit my Note and can hang on my belt. Hopefully i can find one.. ^^

so is it a pain when ur sitting only? or also when ur walking

arsalan_qamar

Feb 24, 2011
Suwon
Galaxy Note is way better than Galaxy Nexus because of the Mali chipset, Nexus chipset is a real deal breaker, in my country Note is already selling like hotcakes where as nexus is loosing its market value.

I am going to buy Note soon.

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing

When i bought my Note, I thought I would use it primarily as a small tablet, and that I would continue to use my HTC Sensation as my regular phone.

I learned very quickly that the size of the Note wasn't an issue, and that when I used my Sensation I just found it felt small and cramped. So, I swapped my primary SIM into the Note, and now use it as a daily driver.

Consequently, I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that the Note is too big, because it really isn't noticable either in the hand, or in the pocket.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

basdaniel

Sep 25, 2008
Rethimnon

"I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct."

-Yes as stated above for different reasons which are not an issue with Samsung Note and as stated they have sold a million Samsung Notes already.

"I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain."
-another assumption? It is not a problem to have this phone even in the skinny pants that I wear all the time and I am extremely physically active.

-another bad choice, most of the world uses GSM and for good reason. If your are going to go with CDMA at least go with Verizon who has acceptable coverage only in the US. AT&T with an unlocked phone is the best choice especially if you are worldly and like to travel.

I am a Samsung galaxy note owner after having the S2 & the HTC desire HD.
I cannot imagine ever going back to my former devices after using the Note!
It is by far the best phone I have ever had and to be quite honest I thought that the size would be a problem which later on, as I discovered, was not.
It fits in the same pockets as my S2 without any problem...
No comparison can be made hardware wise and surely if someone gets to use it, he won't compare it to any other device in circulation...

Basil from Crete

Last edited:
Reactions: Croak

dario3040

Feb 9, 2010
Oslo
Galaxy Note is way better than Galaxy Nexus because of the Mali chipset, Nexus chipset is a real deal breaker, in my country Note is already selling like hotcakes where as nexus is loosing its market value.

I am going to buy Note soon.

If the Mali chip is so much better, then why does the note lag while the nexus doesn't?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

spandsbab

Aug 19, 2010
Dubai
i chose note becuz hardware is better than nexus... 4.6" is not enough screen size anyway... software is handled by upcoming update (custom roms kickass anyway:D)

i just finished going to the gym with the note on my shorts pocket... had no problem there...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When i bought my Note, I thought I would use it primarily as a small tablet, and that I would continue to use my HTC Sensation as my regular phone.

I learned very quickly that the size of the Note wasn't an issue, and that when I used my Sensation I just found it felt small and cramped. So, I swapped my primary SIM into the Note, and now use it as a daily driver.

Consequently, I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that the Note is too big, because it really isn't noticable either in the hand, or in the pocket.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Here's Your Answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyfrD4VrHY

I just couldn't resist posting this!
    I had an SGS2, and I had to decide between the Galaxy Nexus and the Note. The note's hardware is AWESOME. People complain of lag sometimes with the Note... The Nexus has its own set of issues.

I played with both, and honestly, the Note to me is far superior in battery life, screen size (which is a big plus), camera (which I believe is better than my SGS2 camera), and a lot of other ways. The Nexus is a good phone, but if you have a choice, I'd go for the note. I have no issues with it in my pocket. It's larger, but it's no wider than any wallet and by far thinner than any wallet (with stuff in it!). I carry it in my jean pocket every day, all day, and I've never had an issue. I even have a TPU case on it which makes it even thicker and it's fine.
    well my problem ain't the phone size i think i can used to it
    but a lot of ppl say that the phone is a little bit laggy so am gonna w8 till ics is released

I honestly don't know where this is coming from - I truly don't see a particular "lag" issue. Ok, some transitions aren't always as smooth as they could possibly be, but generally I only see this when I'm doing a lot (e.g. lots of market updates) and they really don't effect the speed of interaction with the phone - i.e. I might get a slight stutter when pulling down the notification bar, but it still generally drops down in the same total elapsed time (if you get my drift).

Regards,

Dave