[ROM][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast (Nightlies)

Search This thread

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
The best.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328790035762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328790035762.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 656

Ludio

May 8, 2006
I am having issues with YouTube client force closing and another app that will work then randomly stop and force close as well always asking and stating application not working. Anyone having weird behavior with apps as well.

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
I am having issues with YouTube client force closing and another app that will work then randomly stop and force close as well always asking and stating application not working. Anyone having weird behavior with apps as well.

I've had absolutely zero FC's with any of Pete's ROMs.
Maybe try fixing permissions, or clearing your cache, and clearing dalvik cache ?
Failing that, try another clean install. You should not experience any FC's with any of the nightlies.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Stable, lag free, responsive and smooth
As to be expected from Pete.
GPS locks in 2 secs. Firm signal and wifi connection.
MMS sends noticeably fast.

I've gotta calibrate my batt but i'll provide more input on batt life with the cooked in kernel... only real complaint is that I'm noticing my screen is a little hotter than usual, compared with other roms. I'll be using this more and providing more feedback.

My battery is great on Pete's with cooked kernel. The only thing I miss really is BLN, but I can live without it for the stability and smoothness of BB

joebarkho

May 6, 2010
Chicago
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.

mattallica76

Jun 29, 2010
Hanover, Pa
I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but isn't the reason his roms are so stable is because they're practically stock? There isn't many custom mumbo jumbo like in codename's or aokp. I don't see the difference between flashing this and a rooted stock version of 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.

Pete has many optimization's under the hood. They do have the AOSP look, but if you watch his github, you can see the changes and cherrypicks.

You can always customize the appearance to your liking.

Last edited:

Ludio

May 8, 2006
I've had absolutely zero FC's with any of Pete's ROMs.
Maybe try fixing permissions, or clearing your cache, and clearing dalvik cache ?
Failing that, try another clean install. You should not experience any FC's with any of the nightlies.[COLOR="]
I had done that but I installed system data from a previous back up I reflash and it seems OK now. I installed the apps left out the data from back up... thanks

MrDrumngun

May 24, 2011
Can somebody post a screen shot of the new features? I'm on sensei mod v2 and Android OS barely taps into battery usage just like the stock 4.04 from snandial and I would love to jump into Pete's ROM again but this is working great so far. I hope he switches to the 4.04 build soon

BuglessPete

Feb 1, 2010

No one else has had this happen. Fully wipe after installing the ROM.

I wish it was stock, would save me a ton of time and effort lol. Take a look at my github, see the magic happen ;)

Can somebody post a screen shot of the new features? I'm on sensei mod v2 and Android OS barely taps into battery usage just like the stock 4.04 from snandial and I would love to jump into Pete's ROM again but this is working great so far. I hope he switches to the 4.04 build soon

When Google releases 4.0.4 source I will have it out

Reactions: sprice5

Androidawg

May 8, 2009
Atlanta

Per Pete twitter account, he's using the proprietaries from 4.0.4, but he is sticking with 4.0.3 base because that is the official release currently.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Yeah, he optimizes, but he doesn't push in a bunch of customizations.

joebarkho

May 6, 2010
Chicago
CONFUSION!
ok, if Pete has a 4.0.4 rooted stock rom, doesnt that mean that the 4.0.4 source is out? I dont understand how some people are saying that the sources arent out, when 4.0.4 was leaked? I'm using a 4.0.4 rom right now? I dont get it!

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
That was a leak. OFFICIAL 4.0.4 sources arent out yet. Maybe it runs fine for you but it still might have bugs underneath so I'm sure Google doesn't want to add it AOSP because of that. Or maybe they're just lagging.. ;) but they're most likely testing it.
CONFUSION!
ok, if Pete has a 4.0.4 rooted stock rom, doesnt that mean that the 4.0.4 source is out? I dont understand how some people are saying that the sources arent out, when 4.0.4 was leaked? I'm using a 4.0.4 rom right now? I dont get it!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
CONFUSION!

Leaked isn't official and most devs don't want to get into all the politics with Google if they come after them for using a unofficial leaked build. Just guessin'.

°•neXus S4G•°

Xhaotic

Dec 10, 2011
New York, NY
Anyone else experiencing SystemUI crashes when trying to change time format?
For some reason I'm set to 12hr but clock in status bar still reading in military time

djshack

Aug 21, 2011
Awesome ROM. Any chance of incorporating a split SMS function in the SMS app?

Also, can you use a BLN kernel? I'm running it with Matr1x solely for BLN support.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    index_landing_page.png

Notable Changes/Features:
    • Common: Android 4.0.4 via stable release branch
    • Common: Deodexed, rooted, "user" build variant
    • Common: Hide "System updates" preference
    • Common: Enable adb debugging by default
    • Common: Disable data roaming by default
    • Common: Add additional live wallpapers
    • Common: Add various bug fixes from CyanogenMod
    • Common: Add build date to "About" screen
    • Common: Remove bugmailer from user builds
    • Common: Add extended power menu (dvtonder)
    • Common: Allow 180 degree rotation
    • Common: Disable kernel debugging, update by merging remotes
    • Common: Add "Mark All Messages As Read" button to Email app (dustinmj)
    • Common: Enable more keyboard keys for larger screens (cyanogen)
    • Common: Add auto-dim backlight setting (solarnz)
    • Common: Add CPU Settings to "Developer options" (cyanogenmod)
    • Common: Add status bar toggles and settings (aokp)
    • Common: Enable unlinking of ringtone and notification sound (aokp)
    • Common: Add national data roaming setting (rdlgrmpf, lord clockan)
    • Common: Add browser user agent selection setting
    • Common: Add browser option to open link in incognito tab (danesh)
    • Common: Display contact picture in Mms notifications (dragonzkiller)
    • Common: Add ad-hoc network support (cyanogenmod)
    • Common (Tablets): Add auto-hide status bar setting (flemmard)
    • Common (Tablets): Add home button to browser toolbar
    • Common (Tablets): Move status bar clock to the right, fix padding
    • Common (Tablets): Hide mobile signal icons when connected to Wi-Fi (solarnz)
    • Stingray/Wingray: Add USB host support
    • Stingray/Wingray: Enable dock settings
    • Toro/Maguro/Crespo/Crespo4G : Add Google Wallet application
    • Toro/Maguro/Crespo/Crespo4G: Add "Nexus" notification sound
    • Toro/Maguro: Increase speaker volume output (codeworkx, bekriebel)
    • Toro: Correct battery capacity from 1750 to 1850 mah
    • Toro: Allow use of native tethering for free
    • Toro: Remove Verizon applications and libraries
    • Crespo/Crespo4G/Stingray/Wingray: Add Face Lock security feature
    • Crespo/Crespo4G: Add Touch To Focus camera feature (havlenapetr)
    *Note: I make changes almost daily, be sure to check the changelog or my github for the latest.

Downloads:
    *Note: I make builds almost daily, be sure to check the above links for the latest.

Miscellaneous:
    • There are no bugs, hence the name "Bugless" Beast.
    • Haven't upgraded your 3G Xoom yet? Please read this important post.
    • Donations are always more than welcome!

Connect:

Developers:
    • My ROM is open source on GitHub, checkout the code!
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/peteralfonso/platform_manifest.git -b ics
    builds should be called weekly since its once a week it gets updated

"Nightly" is the recognized wording used, if not I'd call it "When I get time or things need fixing" lol. I'm one of the few devs left who still build ROMs for my own personal enjoyment, some of you may have realized this already. Because of that, when I see fit, I make new builds :)
    New update is available!
    New build is available!
    New build is up!