[WIP][ROM] CM10 - i317

Search This thread

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
CM10 ported from the n7100

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, IT WILL BOOT BUT IT IS NOT FOR DAILY USE, I AM ONLY POSTING IT BECAUSE I NEED HELP MAKING THE REST OF IT WORK.

I AM NOT A DEV. SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME IF THIS BRICKS YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

What's not working

Cellular connection (wifi works fine)
Sound (It was working but somehow I broke it)

That should be it.

Q&A thread​

Installation instructions

Download Rom below
Save to SD Card
Reboot to recovery (only tested with TWRP)
WIPE SYSTEM AND FACTORY RESET
Flash Rom
Flash GAPPS
Wipe Dalvik and Cache
Reboot
Wait (It may take a while at the welcome screen)

DOWNLOADS

CM10
gapps

This is a direct port of cyanogenmod 10 for the n7100 source can be found here

Last edited:

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
There is no way I could build on my PC it would take a week just to finish, by then we would be on CM 11, but yes this is a port of the n7100 CM10 nightly from today, the connection issues are because there is no modem I am sure, or at least not one that I can find, and I can't make it stick, and the sound is because it is set up for the n7100, that should be an easy fix that I will work on tonight.

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thinking about this, I'm not sure it will ever get cell network. Because there needs to be a compiled kernel with the Qualcomm modem enabled. And since this is the 7100 it doesn't have lte. So even with the correct ril files, it won't work.

We need an aosp kernel with Qualcomm modem support.

If someone wanted to look at the quicnyatt defconfig on cyanogenmod's site, you might get inside for the defconfig needed for the smdk4412

Also

Can I ask that we keep this thread to development purposes.

Please do not post OMG THIS IS AWESOME. That does nothing for helping.

If you have a development finding or fix, post it up. Otherwise please do not post.

Thanks.

Last edited:

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Thinking about this, I'm not sure it will ever get cell network. Because there needs to be a compiled kernel with the Qualcomm modem enabled. And since this is the 7100 it doesn't have lte. So even with the correct ril files, it won't work.

If someone wanted to look at the quicnyatt defconfig on cyanogenmod's site, you might get inside for the defconfig needed for the smdk4412

Also

If you have a development finding or fix, post it up. Otherwise please do not post.

Thanks.

Are the kernel modules similar for the Quincy as it has the Qualcomm S3 SOC and we have the Exynos? Would it not work to compile a kernel with the open source files from Sammy?

I may be way off on this, I am below a rookie at kernel compilation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Bout10bucks

Apr 24, 2011
Possible kernel ?

I am watching this one like a hawk, just earlier they said that they are testing an aosp kernel for the n7105 (international version with LTE). I already use the tw variant

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000328&highlight=7105

antiochasylum

Are the kernel modules similar for the Quincy as it has the Qualcomm S3 SOC and we have the Exynos? Would it not work to compile a kernel with the open source files from Sammy?

I may be way off on this, I am below a rookie at kernel compilation.

The quincy has the old snapdragon 1.5, it does not have the new msm8960 as the S3's do. Also its not about modules. I've downloaded source and its pretty horrible, as most Samsung crap is.

Compiling a kernel would work from sources, it just has to support aosp, since CM uses its own ramdisk too.

I am watching this one like a hawk, just earlier they said that they are testing an aosp kernel for the n7105 (international version with LTE). I already use the tw variant

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000328&highlight=7105

I'll check it out.

Am I the only one really doing anything here? Seems like no one cares about pure aosp. Everyone doesn't want to loose stylus features.

Reactions: Romee74

Romee74

May 3, 2011
The quincy has the old snapdragon 1.5, it does not have the new msm8960 as the S3's do. Also its not about modules. I've downloaded source and its pretty horrible, as most Samsung crap is.

Compiling a kernel would work from sources, it just has to support aosp, since CM uses its own ramdisk too.

I'll check it out.

Am I the only one really doing anything here? Seems like no one cares about pure aosp. Everyone doesn't want to loose stylus features.

I am all for pure AOSP I just don't know how to do much. I am happy to help test but that is about the extent of capabilities right now. I love my stylus but don't need all the stylus "shortcuts". I ran AOSP on my note one and the stylus worked great even did good for the harder you pressed on the stylus the darker it would write. The only thing I lost were all the button and shortcuts integrated with touchwiz. I used papyrus as my snote/smemo replacement and actually prefer it over the Samsung crap that lost my memos every time I flashed anything.

Reactions: jug6ernaut

Bout10bucks

Apr 24, 2011
All I want is AOSP, maybe a little Paranoid Android. S-Pen lost it's novelty for me after a couple of hours. I also must have misread the kernel post. NEAK only has a Sammy kernel :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app

Last edited:

Ker~Man

Nov 2, 2010
Louisville
Yeah, I'll chime-in, too. Only thing I'm missing on this phone is AOSP ROM's. TouchWiz is TouchJiz. Specific features or not, AOSP is where it's at, and I would seriously consider returning this device if AOSP development was to do anything on the lines of cease. Frankly, it's killing me that there hasn't been more AOSP dev'ing up to this point. Devs are all we end-users have, and believe me, if I had any talent in that realm, I'd be offering my limbs towards development. Only thing, is I'm merely a user. I will test anything I'm able to, though! My precious phablet is my personal lab rat! Hehe...

otisman

May 12, 2012
Does this mean dman has a note2 that would be sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

antiochasylum

You need to replace system/etc/firmware with yours. That's your modem. And make sure your ro.telephony.ril_class path is correct

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

There is no firmware in /system/etc. The only firmware is vendor/firmware.

And isn't ro.telephony back from gingerbread? Or is than an aosp thing? Its not in stock Samsung firmware.

Also even with those correct, we still don't have a kernel with Qualcomm modem support. So until we get that. Its dead in the water.

Your better off trying the 7100 rom on the 317. Since we already have a supported kernel.

Also remember DEVELOPMENT ONLY. Ask yourself. Will this aid in the development of this rom before posting!

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Also

Thanks.
Quincyatt won't be useful. There's a HUGE difference between a complete integrated Qualcomm SoC such as found in the quincyatt and d2 family, and a Qualcomm modem hung off of the Exynos4.

So far, no one has yet to figure out the proper defconfig for this. Although probably you could get it by looking at the Perseus N7105 defconfig.

Looks like CONFIG_QC_MODEM might do the trick?

D

Deleted member 2842059

I'll check it out.

I care! 1000%! I've never used that crappy pen. AOSP is the only thing I care about.

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
I am also all for aosp just let me know how to help. What we've tried already is replacing the entire vendor and csc and build.prop from i317 and dropping into a n71xx ROM and flashing. In addition have tried a large number of random RIL associated files from i317 into n71xx ROM and still no dice with the modem. Have made sure that no modem or kernel are being flashed while doing this. Logcat -b radio still spits out RIL related crap. I don't know enough about kernels to mess with defconfig unfortunately but I'm willing to help however I can. Fwiw replacing vendor/CSC/build.prop was enough to get a sprint note 2 ROM to work on T-Mobile thanks to someone who did that already.

My time is limited but let me know if some of you guys want to chat about this together on irc or something. I'm on freenode a few days a week after 9pm EST.

Edit: I should clarify all the things above that we tested (lpsi2000 and I) were TW based ROMs but getting the modem to fire up in whichever sense when porting things from n71xx I would guess should apply.

Thanks Entropy for pointing out that. I have to add kernel to my long list of things to learn more about in detail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jetrii

Oct 8, 2010
Trust me, you're not alone. AOSP would make this phone absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this mean dman has a note2 that would be sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No.. but.... One of my team members does and we are compiling cm10 from source for the note 2..:)

CM10 ported from the n7100

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, IT WILL BOOT BUT IT IS NOT FOR DAILY USE, I AM ONLY POSTING IT BECAUSE I NEED HELP MAKING THE REST OF IT WORK.

I AM NOT A DEV. SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME IF THIS BRICKS YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

What's not working

Cellular connection (wifi works fine)
    Sound (It was working but somehow I broke it)

That should be it.

Q&A thread​

Installation instructions

Download Rom below
    Save to SD Card
    Reboot to recovery (only tested with TWRP)
    WIPE SYSTEM AND FACTORY RESET
    Flash Rom
    Flash GAPPS
    Wipe Dalvik and Cache
    Reboot
    Wait (It may take a while at the welcome screen)

DOWNLOADS

CM10
    gapps

This is a direct port of cyanogenmod 10 for the n7100 source can be found here

Also

Thanks.
    Quincyatt won't be useful. There's a HUGE difference between a complete integrated Qualcomm SoC such as found in the quincyatt and d2 family, and a Qualcomm modem hung off of the Exynos4.

So far, no one has yet to figure out the proper defconfig for this. Although probably you could get it by looking at the Perseus N7105 defconfig.

Looks like CONFIG_QC_MODEM might do the trick?
    What can I do to help? Donations? Stay the hell out of the way?

The 10.1's have just started to trickle out and my mouth is just watering. At this point I hope any work is being pointed at 4.2 up and running.

i actually have a fully working copy running on my i317. i spent the last 3 days getting radio, gps and sound working. i'll just post that on github sometime soon and then put up a cwm file for you guys to test. i'm working on the github part for now.
    You need to replace system/etc/firmware with yours. That's your modem. And make sure your ro.telephony.ril_class path is correct