NB1 to MK2 Help Please

Search This thread

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
Hello Folks, I unfortunately did not see that my phone did a OTA update to the newest firmware NB1. I was running MK2 and was able to root no problems. I did n ot unlock the Boot loader yet. The issue I am having is I cant revert back to MK2 thru Odin using these instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663545 Anyone have any ideas why it wont let me down grade? Is it due to the fact that I was rooted on MK2? I'm at a loss. I would like to be able to root again.:cowboy: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
Hello Folks, I unfortunately did not see that my phone did a OTA update to the newest firmware NB1. I was running MK2 and was able to root no problems. I did n ot unlock the Boot loader yet. The issue I am having is I cant revert back to MK2 thru Odin using these instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663545 Anyone have any ideas why it wont let me down grade? Is it due to the fact that I was rooted on MK2? I'm at a loss. I would like to be able to root again.:cowboy: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

same problem. i eventually succeeded after rebooting computer, but now stuck on the bootscreen

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

What exactly did you do so far?

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
What exactly did you do so far?

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

Well, I feel stupid, I never had the phone in download mode so that is the reason it failed. This is what hapopens when yourn addicted to phones and go thru different ones every coupkle of months. I managed to fllash and downgrade but lost both data and Wifi. I searched but could not figure out why I could not get data and wifi to work on MK2.I rooted and all but could not get data or Wifi to work. So, I Odined back to NB1 and have both data and wifi working. I'm not sure why I lost it. I really want to be able to get MK2 back up and running but I'm at a loss. Could use some help with this.

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
same problem. i eventually succeeded after rebooting computer, but now stuck on the bootscreen

Do a data factory reset from recovery after you flah thru Odin, it should get you out of the bootloop. I had the same thing and after I did the reset it booted ok. Only issues is that I loast data and wifi on MK2.