[CLOSED] Anyone tried Aptoide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TimeAndroid

Nov 10, 2012
Canada
Has anyone tried MOD EDIT - removed They claim to have an excellent anti malware function but I'm wondering if anyone who's used them before can confirm this. I'm also wondering if the app itself is safe. Please share all your experiences here.

Last edited by a moderator:

HasH_BrowN

May 31, 2014
Leesburg
It reminds me of a Playstore on steroids.
The only thing I don't like is how big the program becomes and some of the permissions, but that's what "app ops" is for.
To see if it will be "safe" , run it in a sandbox - Bluestacks-PC, or similar. Run a system monitor, with malware checker. This is a good way to pretest suspicious apks.
I have used Aptiode and it works fine, I use the playstore.
Just stay away from that damn Mobogenie Market - that's like one big monster malware virus!!

delivered to you piping hot and fresh through quantum physics and pony express

Reactions: TimeAndroid

TimeAndroid

Nov 10, 2012
Canada
The only thing I don't like is how big the program becomes and some of the permissions, but that's what "app ops" is for.
To see if it will be "safe" , run it in a sandbox - Bluestacks-PC, or similar. Run a system monitor, with malware checker. This is a good way to pretest suspicious apks.
Just stay away from that damn Mobogenie Market - that's like one big monster malware virus!!

How big exactly can it become? Is Mobogenie downloaded without your permission?

HasH_BrowN

May 31, 2014
Leesburg
What it does is "collect" extra resources. When I installed it, it increased in size 3 different times without me downloading anything. I didn't run any tests on it to see what and when things were added, but just a heads up.
Yes the MOBOGENIE does get downloaded w/o permission, but not installed. Usually happens on, I think, the dev host website. It also does a redirect on that page as well, something like oneclickad..... I just close down the window and delete the file. I just wish there was a way to prevent the unauthorized download, its just irritating.

TimeAndroid

Nov 10, 2012
Canada
What it does is "collect" extra resources. When I installed it, it increased in size 3 different times without me downloading anything. I didn't run any tests on it to see what and when things were added, but just a heads up.
Yes the MOBOGENIE does get downloaded w/o permission, but not installed. Usually happens on, I think, the dev host website. It also does a redirect on that page as well, something like oneclickad..... I just close down the window and delete the file. I just wish there was a way to prevent the unauthorized download, its just irritating.

Thanks, Dev-Host is a load of crap in my opinion. When does it bring you to Dev-Host?

TimeAndroid

Nov 10, 2012
Canada
Just got Aptoide, it looks very nice and seems safe because CM Security has scanned it. Have not encountered any dev host thingies yet. Do a lot of apps restrict to US only?

HasH_BrowN

May 31, 2014
Leesburg
So your saying CM Security is untrustworthy? What antivirus app do you recommend?
@TimeAndroid like Daniel said they are all a bunch of hoey (crap), they don't really exist. I don't use any type of detection app at all.
I use Bluestacks for PC(android emulator), to check compatibility or for an alpha/beta apk release, other than that I use nothing.
@DanielBink its not that he's inexperienced about this, its that the PC world has rubbed so hard on us Android users that many are convinced that the apps we install have virus, Trojans, malware, and keystroke loggers already. I know a few "developers" that feel that all of those things "are waiting around the corner" for them.
@TimeAndroid hope that helps. I'll keep checking your thread and answer any questions that I can. Also I can point you in right direction to a PC emulator.

Killwish

Jun 28, 2014
Hell
Samsung Galaxy M31
Has anyone tried Aptoide? They claim to have an excellent anti malware function here but I'm wondering if anyone who's used Aptoide before can confirm this. I'm also wondering if the app itself is safe. Please share all your experiences here.

I think aptoide is not good ... It does not have some good apps.. And for most apps it does not have latest versions updated ...... Best market is Google play. .... And I download some apps from 9apps.com... I can find newer version of some apps that are still have older version on play store....

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: TimeAndroid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So your saying CM Security is untrustworthy? What antivirus app do you recommend?
    @TimeAndroid like Daniel said they are all a bunch of hoey (crap), they don't really exist. I don't use any type of detection app at all.
    I use Bluestacks for PC(android emulator), to check compatibility or for an alpha/beta apk release, other than that I use nothing.
    @DanielBink its not that he's inexperienced about this, its that the PC world has rubbed so hard on us Android users that many are convinced that the apps we install have virus, Trojans, malware, and keystroke loggers already. I know a few "developers" that feel that all of those things "are waiting around the corner" for them.
    @TimeAndroid hope that helps. I'll keep checking your thread and answer any questions that I can. Also I can point you in right direction to a PC emulator.

The app is safe as far as i know, but i personally didnt think it was designed very well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Has anyone tried Aptoide? They claim to have an excellent anti malware function here but I'm wondering if anyone who's used Aptoide before can confirm this. I'm also wondering if the app itself is safe. Please share all your experiences here.

I think aptoide is not good ... It does not have some good apps.. And for most apps it does not have latest versions updated ...... Best market is Google play. .... And I download some apps from 9apps.com... I can find newer version of some apps that are still have older version on play store....

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app