[q] Lockscreen doesn't timeout?

Search This thread

jetstream131

Aug 5, 2012
I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.

Last edited:

dr3amsINdigital

Jul 7, 2012
Are you plugged in? In developer options, there's an option for the screen to never sleep while plugged in. If not, the answer to everything: reboot the phone!

kokocabana

Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
For me, when I double tap or press the power button and leave it there, the screen will go back to sleep after 30 seconds. My old phone would turn off the screen after 5 seconds on the lockscreen. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this and it's just automatically set at 30 seconds.

NatJohnny

Aug 3, 2010
i also got this problem

I got this problem also :(

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options :(

jl88

Dec 27, 2010
I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.

I got this problem also :(

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options :(

Did you find a solution meanwhile?
I have this problem since yesterday, too.

chronos00

May 23, 2011
I am also having this problem.

In my case, the screen will stay on indefinitely. I have timeout set to 30sec.

I have "Llama" app running, and configured to disable my lockscreen based on location. This could be generating some problems... But I don't think so.

Any new thoughts or fixes?

ek69

Jan 15, 2008
I am also having this problem.

In my case, the screen will stay on indefinitely. I have timeout set to 30sec.

I have "Llama" app running, and configured to disable my lockscreen based on location. This could be generating some problems... But I don't think so.

Any new thoughts or fixes?
Only way to find out is disable that app or whatever it does then testing it out

Sent From Bacon