New Firmware 2/17/2012. Keep your fingers crossed...

Search This thread

Liferules

Feb 7, 2011
Downloading a new firmware. Assume this is the .14 that has been expected. I've been having lots of reboots and decreased battery performance after .13 when prior to that all was great. Here's hoping all goes back to before...

Reactions: demandarin

bimbobo

Jan 15, 2012
Yes,here we go!!
Now we have had 2 fws in NA and zero in the rest of the world.
Last time i buy something from Asus!!!

Reactions: mile high

carbo20

Oct 16, 2006
Installed the .14 OTA

Just finish with the installation.
No problems with the installation.

i'm checking the battery now.
will update as soon as i will have results.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Confirmed. This was one of the fastest downloaded and installed updates yet. I'm on .14 now. Here's the screenshot. Let me know if you see anything else that changed.

Screenshot_2012-02-17-02-15-20.jpg

This update will break root. So make sure you have your root backed up with voodoo OTA rootkeeper. My voodoo easily restored root access to the prime on .14. I love that tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdpgc

Liferules

Feb 7, 2011
Love Salt Grass... Yep, its the .14. Still getting the process.android.media error message after initial booting. Will see how the battery goes.

carbo20

Oct 16, 2006
Yes,here we go!!
Now we have had 2 fws in NA and zero in the rest of the world.
Last time i buy something from Asus!!!

with the .13 update you should thank Asus for now giving you the OTA.
i never had any problems before the OTA - and after the OTA my device got stuck + poor battery life.
i hope this OTA will be better...

bimbobo

Jan 15, 2012
Well it's more a princip case.. they seems more interested in NA. No offense, but our Euros are as good as dollars :)

texasrocket

Sep 23, 2010
Has anyones wifi speed went down? Im still doing some tests but my speedtests results have dropped by about 4 or 5 mbps so far

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
my wifi symbol on the bottom bar shows zero connection strength, but in the settings wifi menu it shows 2 bars.

I have internet because I am posting this from my prime.

antizen

Jun 12, 2010
Nice ASUS still no .13 for WW and now a new patch also excluding WW.
Way to alienate your non US and TW users.
I Do not care how bad your patches are but would like the option to install them.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it's more a princip case.. they seems more interested in NA. No offense, but our Euros are as good as dollars :)

The WW/DE/CN releases will be out early next week, probably by Tuesday at the latest. Each release has to go through Google CTS and they are presented at the same time.
    All these people with next to no posts moaning that the update isn't available in europe. You should know that until .13 the WW update always came out after the US update. I called it that we wouldn't see a WW .13 update when it failed to materialize the following day after the US got it. I'm glad that ASUS didn't release it to the rest of the world. I'm sure we'll see the WW .14 tomorrow.
    Also Confirmed. LOWER POWER STATES ARE BACK! Excellent battery life is back! Lol. Also 1.4Ghz is back! Took this right after update ;)

Screenshot_2012-02-17-02-19-31.jpg
    i still have the battery drain issue.
    after 2.5 hours and the battery went from 100% to 89%.
    i have no application installed. (can't blame them)

What are you talking about? Lmao if that's with constant use after this latest update, then that's good battery life. You used 10% of battery in 2.5hrs. That's great..lol usually battery drains 10% per hour for me. Now if you left your tablet alone, didn't touch it or use it at all, and was in deep sleep for 2.5hrs. And drained that much, then you have battery drain. Doubt though, have a feeling you were constantly using it or messing with it. ;)

Update is working great for me n battery lasting longer now since we have the lower power states back..

If you using the tablet n got 2.5hrs out of only going from 100-89%. That's no reason to complain at all. You should be more than happy with that. What do you think, you should get 5 hrs. Out of tablet using that lil bit of battery? Lmao. Different story if it was in deep sleep the whole time and drained like that. Plus web surfing and playing games will drain the battery the most right after screen brightness...just f.y.I.

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

I'm guessing the 2.5 hrs the tab wasnt in use ?

otherwise you can expect near 25hrs use !

That's what I'm saying..lmao I had to point out those details in my post. I'm pretty sure he was constantly using it and checking stats n surfing web here the whole time..lol
    I'm seeing scattered posts throughout the threads this morning saying speed went up, speed went down, and speed stayed the same. In my personal experience, it stayed the same but I'm at work on a really bad connection so that's not the best test -- although I can attest that the update didn't improve my performance on this mediocre network at all so nobody pulled a magic rabbit out of a hat as far as that is concerned.

I think its all placebo effects...lol update didn't even change wifi version