[Q] <HELP ME> how to change theme on X8.

Search This thread

scopeLensa

Feb 8, 2011
Butterworth,PENANG
hye android users, im newbie in android stuff xtualy... bought SE xperia X8 last night.. here my problem.. hopefully all of u can help me with this simple things,...

my prob are;

how to change the theme xtually??? i want to change the theme but i dont get it.. seems like all of u are pro in this case.. can u plis tell me??

if anything;

FB me; lukmankhatib

guitarded068

Jan 11, 2011
San Diego, CA
There's no built-in option to change the theme on the stock Xperia. You can make significant changes to the UI if you use a home launcher app such as ADW or LauncherPro from Market if that will be enough for you. But if it's really the theme you want to change, what you have to do is replace the stock theme file called framework-res.apk located in your phone's internal memory at /system/framework/ with another framework-res.apk that's of a theme of your liking. But first, your phone needs to be rooted and have xRecovery installed.

This tutorial automates the replacement of framework-res.apk for you with a script:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=889963

Last edited:

gautamcool12

Oct 12, 2012
zapworld.in
How to ROot 10xmini

hye android users, im newbie in android stuff xtualy... bought SE xperia X8 last night.. here my problem.. hopefully all of u can help me with this simple things,...

my prob are;

how to change the theme xtually??? i want to change the theme but i dont get it.. seems like all of u are pro in this case.. can u plis tell me??

if anything;

FB me; lukmankhatib

Hey friends I got the same Problem with My 10X mini and I am Unable to change its Theme...So if you get any new methods plzz Mail me ....