Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

rohanwadhwa

Apr 14, 2012
amazin

Got the one x 2 days back in Delhi. Had initially ordered through ngpay but they could not deliver the white one so finally got it from the market for 35k.
So far the phone has been behaving perfectly except the battery life as seems to be the issue with a lot of people. For me it lasts close to 7 hours with heavy use.
Any suggestions for a good cover.?

ajeya

Mar 29, 2011
Delhi
www.facebook.com
hello everyone...got it 2 days back. The phone is really great. However the battery life is a bit disappointing ...but i think it will improve after 3-4 cycles..

P.S: Why is fruit ninja lagging on this phone? really sad :(
(I have tried both normal and tegra version)

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad
www.mindomain.wordpress.com
I found a couple of bugs in the phone!!!

1) the cpu keeps waking up frequently and for no reason.. (apps such as flickr and twitter and bloatware keep the cpu up even if I am not using it and disabled it!!)

Edit : I Checked this by using the cpu monitor widget and the widget shows that my cpu is at 102 mhz and suddenly goes to 1.4 ghz when on home screen.. the speed fluctuates a lot and it also consumed more than half the RAM (flickr and twitter etc. thoe disabled run!!)!! man this is not fair!! they should have released the firmware after fixing all retarded bugs!!

2) The lock screen turns on all for no reason upon locking. Its annoying!!

3) Battery life (some dev. here said something about some file being misplaced)

Thats all for now.. ill update as I find more..

btw some say that v1.27 improved the battery life (some lucky Europeans), is it true?? even if there is a v1.27 when will it reach India??

UPDATE 1: 4) Found the glitch/bug when you dropdown or push up the notification bar.. you touch the top panel and the graphics there seems to go distorted!!! so far no solution!! waiting official update!! :(

Last edited:

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Hopefully it was 1.28 not 1.27, as there is a Chinese build out there with 1.28 versioning. I am on the same Chinese Rom English repacked by Paul. I didn't find much improvements in the version, may be WWE may have those fixes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

abhi_oka

Apr 15, 2012
Mumbai
battery overheating and signal reception problems

hi everyone,
i got my htc one x on 9th april and immediately noticed a few problems in the phone i got:
1> the battery over heating issue:
the battery was getting hot with normal use as well and that too pretty quick.(like the normal standby temp is also warm!!)
while charging if i used the phone it used to get so scorching hot, it was impossible for me to even touch it.
official solution told by htc service call center: not to use the phone while charging!! htc phones don't support this feature unlike other phones!!
i don't buy that!! seri can't we use this phone while its charging???:confused:
and they even said the phone heating up is normal - it wont affect you or the device..... though my suggestion would be : be careful when you keep the phone in ur pant pocket!!!!
2>signal reception issues:
everytime i started the phone i used to get signals , but after 5mins the reception used to becum 0. i even changed my sim card but that didn't work.
what i did as solution::cool:
gave it to the service center; got a phone replacement certificate (D.O.A); getting my new device on wednesday!!!:D
hope that one works well!!!!

rishirich1024

Nov 7, 2011
Mumbai
Advice :)

I am going to buy HOX(White) tomorrow from magnet store!
So guys can you advice me what all to check in HOX so that i can be sure that it has no defects before leaving the store?
And which make should i prefer(China or Taiwan)?

Thanks in Advance :)

Huntsman07

Apr 14, 2012
Get it replaced, it might be a hardware issue, I use the phone while charging and it definitely dont become scorching hot

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: abhi_oka

ajeya

Mar 29, 2011
Delhi
www.facebook.com
if anyone is interested in buying it from ebay for arnd 31.5 after using my 10% off coupon can post here...will be happy to share it. :)

P.S : The coupon is valid till 17 april...so tell me fast :)

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
you should have waited till May 3rd{prices will definitely go down} for S3 and then should have purchased it
Not a big fan of Samsung, upgrading from a HD2.. always welcome HTC.

I'm sure at sometime in future the price is going to come down, but thats a price you have to pay to have the latest in technology. I got the onex in 34K.. if the price after a month comes down to 31K, I will still be satisifed .. using the latest gadget .. feeling to be on the top of the world .. more than the 3K price reduction.

I'm sure statwise s3 will be better, but that will hardly effect the mighty One X.

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
the biggest thing which will kill S3 will be its crappy touchwiz which makes it look like a cheap toy phone

htc sense is much mature and user friendly and one x already have the latest in technology for this year, s3 will have another super super amoled which will make it fake colour and unnatural to look at, one x screen is natural and superb s3 wont compete with it

yes one x does need a software update to address few of its issue which HTC will surely get it done asap

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
the biggest thing which will kill S3 will be its crappy touchwiz which makes it look like a cheap toy phone

htc sense is much mature and user friendly and one x already have the latest in technology for this year, s3 will have another super super amoled which will make it fake colour and unnatural to look at, one x screen is natural and superb s3 wont compete with it

yes one x does need a software update to address few of its issue which HTC will surely get it done asap

I am in love with one x i can bet S3 gonna be better but marginally

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC