[Root][Old Thread]HTC Desire 500

Search This thread

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Old post:
hey guys. i got a pm from @XAB2010, saying:
XAB2010 said:
Hello ! We had root on HTC Desire 500. But only russian resurse.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=504103
:laugh::good:

I dont now how i can do post message for all.

so if anybody is interested, visit the site and try the root on your own desire 500. I cannot guarantee it works at all, neither it's safe. but if anybody gonna test (use google translate for the site), please do so and report.
If the thread violates any xda rules, please mods move/delete it or pm me.
Enjoy
OK, seems what i posted didn't work well. BUT, @oblikas seems to have made a kernel that removes system write protection.
[KERNEL][ROOT]KangBang_r1 kernel for Desire 500 * System write protection removed *
HTC Desire 500 - Ultimate thread

i suggest you keep up with his thread, rather than this one. if all is fine, i can re-organize this thread.
Thanks

Last edited:

legend-ris

Nov 17, 2010
Banja Luka
Thank You for this info. :)

I have Desire 500 Dual Sim and looking for way to root it, so I shall looking forward ...

Last edited:

Ner666

Sep 15, 2008
Credits to @ SPSPaWn

Unlock your bootloader at htcdev.com

Install CWM
1. Download https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6WBFlAKqe30c0kwdG1VZC1FTlU/edit?usp=sharing
2. Extract .rar. Copy clockwormod folder to sdcard. Next create folder D:/android and copy CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img and rename it to recovery.img
3. Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
4. Put the battery back and pres vol down "-" and power button.
5. Navigate the menu using the vol keys and enter FASBOOT via power buton
6. Conect the phone to pc, install drivers and HTC Sync
7. Dwnload ADB and extract to D:/android
8. Run cmd as Admin and type
d:
cd d:/android
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Power down the phone and remove battery.
10. Put the battery back and pres vol down "-" and power button.
11. Navigate to the menu RECOVERY and pres power button.
You have instaled CWM Recovery!

Install SuperSu
Enter CWM Recovery and install this .zip http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip?retrieve_file=1
Your device should be rooted now!

Tested and working!

Last edited:

legend-ris

Nov 17, 2010
Banja Luka
@legend-ris @waspa @Ner666 and anybody. have you tried that on a one sim desire 500? if someone does, please say if it works/not

Not jet. Just read it :cool: Shall try this on weekend. But FYI, I do not have "One Sim" version. And looking forward SPSPaWn thread to see does anybody already try it...

At the moment all about he write is for Dual Sim model, but on the Koush site, Desire 500 is not supported ...jet. So. maybe is better to wait little bit more

Last edited:
Reactions: gilbert32

007gamer

Sep 18, 2011
Mainz
I would suggest you to unlock your bootloader first,but you will lose your warranty.
Maybe it wont work without unlocking the bootloader.I tried without unlocking the bootloader and it didnt work.
Maybe someone could port cwm for our device.

Greets

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
Hi,Ner666,is this instruction work on DESIRE 500 ONE SIM?
Yes. I confirm that metod working. I managed to unlock the bootloader (htcdev.com), then to install CWMRecovery and to root the Desire 500 (one sim). It would be the time for opening a topic dedicated to HTC Desire 500...maybe someone is reading this.

Last edited:

007gamer

Sep 18, 2011
Mainz
What about custom roms?

Edit : Root works ! Amazing, thanks.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, i rooted to change the density of the display..Now everything is messed up. :(

Last edited:

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
This is the risk of rooting the phone! You have to know surely what you're gonna do, else you'll have a messed up phone. After rooting, I strongly advise to do a backup under CWM recovery, this way you keep your chance to revert everything back to the initial status.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts