How to wipe internal storage and install rom via ADB sideload using TWRP

Search This thread

jaj473

Jun 19, 2012
Vijayawada
Recently i wanted to a full wipe including internal storage on my nexus 5 and since nexus 5 does not have external storage i found it a bit tricky to flash a rom again...
so,here im going to explain the easiest and simplest way to install a rom via adb sideload on nexus 5 using TWRP after a complete wipe

I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about adb sideload

BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST

1.Download the file and place it on desktop View attachment Nexus5.zip

2.boot your device into recovery, wipe everything and connect it to pc and make sure drivers are installed. if not do as follows:
open device manager in control panel and if drivers are already installed, it shows something like ANDROID ADB INTERFACE,
if not,it shows some name with yellow symbol..
right click on it and select update drivers and select browse my computer and select let me pick..
click next > have disk>browse> and select the usb_drivers in downloaded file> open > open > ok
now it shows as ANDROID ADB INTERFACE..

3.In TWRP, select advanced and choose sideload option.

4.open command prompt and change the directory to where you downloaded the file ( easy if on desktop )
to open command prompt: win+r>cmd
for changing directory: cd desktop > cd nexus5

5.Now type adb devices in command prompt and it should show list of devices with your device code name and mode as sideload mode.
if not install drivers again.

6.copy your ROM zip file to the folder 'Nexus5' which you downloaded.

7.type adb sideload romzipname

8.now it starts copying and wait till it shows 100%. after copying it automatically starts installing.
when the installing is finished,it shows reboot system. reboot and njoy :highfive:

Note: If stuck while flashing rom, hold power and volume down until it reboots to fastboot then go to recovery and repeat the same procedure.

Please hit the 'thanks' if this helped you. :)

Last edited:

b_rangel29

Jan 20, 2014
Houston
Recently i wanted to a full wipe including internal storage on my nexus 5 and since nexus 5 does not have external storage i found it a bit tricky to flash a rom again...
so,here im going to explain the easiest and simplest way to install a rom via adb sideload on nexus 5 using TWRP after a complete wipe

BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST

1.Download the file and place it on desktop View attachment 2461684

2.boot your device into recovery, wipe everything and connect it to pc and make sure drivers are installed. if not do as follows:
open device manager in control panel and if drivers are already installed, it shows something like ANDROID ADB INTERFACE,
right click on it and select update drivers and select browse my computer and select let me pick..
click next > have disk>browse> and select the usb_drivers in downloaded file> open > open > ok

4.open command prompt and change the directory to where you downloaded the file ( easy if on desktop )

5.Now type adb devices in command prompt and it should show list of devices with your device code name and mode as sideload mode.

8.now it starts copying and wait till it shows 100%. after copying it automatically starts installing.
when the installing is finished,it shows reboot system. reboot and njoy :highfive:

Note: If stuck while flashing rom, hold power and volume down until it reboots to fastboot then go to recovery and repeat the same procedure.

in the cmd prompt it keeps telling me it cannot read my rom file. any helpm please?

Private.Indo

Jan 4, 2011
try to update usb driver. browse the file inside dowloaded file but it came result windows was unable to instal your nexus 5

i'm using windows 7

any sugestions?

Jugal.PM

Jun 28, 2014
Help

So, I have/had a N5 on stock 4.4.4 rom, rooted & Xposed installed with TWRP & a lollipop preview on MultiRom.
Was installing the new Lollipop .zip. In an act of hurried stupidity, I wiped my phone, including the internal storage.
Which for some reason also wiped my NANDROID backup. I thought that is not supposed to be wiped even when doing an internal storage wipe, BUT it did.
Now, all i have is TWRP on my phone with no rom installed.
I tried connecting my phone to the pc to see if i can just transfer the rom file onto the internal memory, but nothing shows up when i connect my phone to PC.
after some searching, I ended up in this thread.
The problem is, when i connect my phone to the PC, the phone doesn't show up in the device manager.
So i cannot install the drivers & android SDK itself.
So, How do i Install a rom onto it?
I have a PC & a MAC, so i can use either of the machines. But i don't have much technical knowledge about stuff, I did all the above modifications with the help of tutorials & guids. so ELI5 please.
Please help!
Thank you.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
So, I have/had a N5 on stock 4.4.4 rom, rooted & Xposed installed with TWRP & a lollipop preview on MultiRom.
Was installing the new Lollipop .zip. In an act of hurried stupidity, I wiped my phone, including the internal storage.
Which for some reason also wiped my NANDROID backup. I thought that is not supposed to be wiped even when doing an internal storage wipe, BUT it did.
Now, all i have is TWRP on my phone with no rom installed.
I tried connecting my phone to the pc to see if i can just transfer the rom file onto the internal memory, but nothing shows up when i connect my phone to PC.
after some searching, I ended up in this thread.
The problem is, when i connect my phone to the PC, the phone doesn't show up in the device manager.
So i cannot install the drivers & android SDK itself.
So, How do i Install a rom onto it?
I have a PC & a MAC, so i can use either of the machines. But i don't have much technical knowledge about stuff, I did all the above modifications with the help of tutorials & guids. so ELI5 please.
Please help!
Thank you.
Read here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

samshulmeeran.kk

Jul 19, 2016
accidently wiped internal memory in lenovo p1m

i accidently wiped internal memory using twrp. so now can i flash a custom rom for my lenovo p1m

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST

1.Download the file and place it on desktop View attachment Nexus5.zip

We try to discourage the use of toolkits as they remove the "ability" element or the "learning" aspect.

Doing things manually teaches the skills to get out of trouble later on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk