[APP] Air Draw

Search This thread

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
Hi everyone this is my new app and I need some testers...

Remember when we were young we used to imagine drawing shapes in the air by moving hands.. Now this is possible; this app lets you draw a picture or write words simply by moving your hand in the air...

Hold your device face up, hold your touch anywhere on the screen, move your hand in any direction and the movement will be drawn on the screen.

Keep in mind that everytime you start drawing the app will create a virtual drawing field from 90° left to 90° right this is the range you can move your hand in (ie: you can't turn around).

Additional feature: In the app settings you could change the drawing field to +-35° that means you could draw the scene in front of you by moving the device toward the edges of things that you want to draw..

it's about fun and activity, although your drawings may not be that perfect..

Requirements:
# Android 2.3+
# Orientation sensor (compass) available on device.
** the performance of the app depends on speed an quality of the sensor which could differ according to the device model and brand, so the test should focus on performance**

http://www.1mobile.com/airdraw-1508234.html

Attachments

• AirDraw.apk
    167.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 139
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 154

XBearingArmsX

Mar 3, 2012
McSherrystown
Just played around with it for a minute or so, your up and down features are working well but only when tilting the device. Your left and rights aren't up to par yet for sure. If you can edit it to make it more reliant on the phones position and not orientation I think you'll have better luck! Great concept! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: rabbat78

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
Just played around with it for a minute or so, your up and down features are working well but only when tilting the device. Your left and rights aren't up to par yet for sure. If you can edit it to make it more reliant on the phones position and not orientation I think you'll have better luck! Great concept! :)

Thanks for your reply,
First of all the device should always be level (ie: not tilted, unless when pressing the "brush" size button (the last button on the right)).
Second, your problem is a little bit weird because whenever the device contains a compass the pointer (circle) on the screen should follow the movement of the device (left, right, up and down), but the problem that may occur on some devices is the latency (slow sensor responsiveness) especially with fast movements.
Third, the device orientation sensor is one of the main sensors that determines the device position, so I don't know what do you mean by "position".

this is a demo about using the app on my galaxy s3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St63EKIBxAg&feature=youtu.be

could you try again, and describe the problem in more details..(Latency, No/Wrong horizontal/vertical pointer movement, No pointer at all..)

Last edited:

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
After some tests a problem have appeared on some devices caused by the need to calibrate the magnetic (orientation) sensor which result in an irregular pointer movements..
to check if your magnetic senor (compass) needs calibration:
1- open phone and enter the code: *#0*#
2- press Sensor button
3- on the bottom of the screen there is a black circle with a line in it that represents the orientation.
4- if the line's color is not blue and the number under is less than 3 that means the sensor needs calibration.
5- to calibrate the sensor simply wave your device in 8 pattern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzQSsUsOWJc, continue to do it until the line becomes blue, this mean that the sensor is now calibrated..
** if the device have a cover that have a magnet in it, you should remove that cover **

open the app and check if the problem is solved..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone this is my new app and I need some testers...

Remember when we were young we used to imagine drawing shapes in the air by moving hands.. Now this is possible; this app lets you draw a picture or write words simply by moving your hand in the air...

Hold your device face up, hold your touch anywhere on the screen, move your hand in any direction and the movement will be drawn on the screen.

Keep in mind that everytime you start drawing the app will create a virtual drawing field from 90° left to 90° right this is the range you can move your hand in (ie: you can't turn around).

Additional feature: In the app settings you could change the drawing field to +-35° that means you could draw the scene in front of you by moving the device toward the edges of things that you want to draw..

it's about fun and activity, although your drawings may not be that perfect..

Requirements:
    # Android 2.3+
    # Orientation sensor (compass) available on device.
    ** the performance of the app depends on speed an quality of the sensor which could differ according to the device model and brand, so the test should focus on performance**

http://www.1mobile.com/airdraw-1508234.html