[Q] Status on GT-I9295 root?

Search This thread

Irios

Feb 18, 2011
I cannot find any proper information on whether or not the GT-I9295 can be rooted or not. Googling gives me all kinds of webpages dated back in late August claiming that it can be done, but I've also come across a lot of pages saying it's not possible to root the GT-I9295 using the instructions for the AT&T version of the S4 Active.

I hoped the xda forum would give me more info, but no... unfortunately not.

Has anyone got any help to offer me on this matter? Can it be rooted? If so, anyone got a proper working howto to link to?

Thanks in advance.

Irios

Feb 18, 2011
Follow this guide: LINK

Super thanks for this guide, whizz :) Worked like a charm. I had already taken a quick look at this very guide a few days ago, but was afraid to try it, because it was using the CF-Auto-Roo for the I9505, and I was a little scared it might break my phone.

To be honest, there should be a sticky on confirmed (working) root procedures for the I9295. I've had a hard time finding proper information on this. Not only in this forum, but elsewhere on the net was well.

FYI I tried the geohot a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't work on my phone.

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
Unless there's something funky with the device, activeroot (so named for a reason) should root any Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in a second or two at most, any variant produced so far. If you got rooted without it, fantastic but activeroot should have worked without a single issue on a stock ROM... interesting.

Only thing it's not working with right now is 4.3 based stuff, and maybe if we're lucky geohot will drop an updated activeroot at some point, at least that's my hope since we have the 4.3 pre-release ROM for our AT&T I537 variant now to play with.

But then again, 4.3 does make some changes to things, and with Samsung pushing Knox on end users pretty hard, we could be approaching a time where rooting a device - let alone unlocking the bootloader - might become just another thing of the past. :(

Cederic

Apr 21, 2009
Unless there's something funky with the device, activeroot (so named for a reason) should root any Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in a second or two at most, any variant produced so far. If you got rooted without it, fantastic but activeroot should have worked without a single issue on a stock ROM... interesting.

Only thing it's not working with right now is 4.3 based stuff, and maybe if we're lucky geohot will drop an updated activeroot at some point, at least that's my hope since we have the 4.3 pre-release ROM for our AT&T I537 variant now to play with.

But then again, 4.3 does make some changes to things, and with Samsung pushing Knox on end users pretty hard, we could be approaching a time where rooting a device - let alone unlocking the bootloader - might become just another thing of the past. :(

Geohot's root is only for the i537, this thread was about the international version that can't use the geohot root.

Shamase

Mar 11, 2014
Samsung Galaxy s4 active GT-I9295

I have the same problem, my Samsung Galaxy s4 active GT-I9295 does not have android and google play store. Is there any solution on how to install Android on my phone, how can I check my smartphone cpu, and how to root it. I'm from South Africa,

I hoped the xda forum or an angel would help me...

Regards
Mdu
emazweni340@gmail.com

nasaprinsloo

Aug 21, 2012
I have the same problem, my Samsung Galaxy s4 active GT-I9295 does not have android and google play store. Is there any solution on how to install Android on my phone, how can I check my smartphone cpu, and how to root it. I'm from South Africa,

I hoped the xda forum or an angel would help me...

Regards
Mdu
emazweni340@gmail.com

Also from SA. we have the international version i9295. never use anything that says i537.

follow this to get your phone rooted and enable you to install custom roms

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2387980

I'm currently running SlimBeam 4.3

Top Liked Posts