[Q] Out of practice flasher!

Search This thread

nhenson22

Dec 3, 2010
Torquay
Hi all,

First of all, apologies If i have not looked hard enough!

I am currently on CM 11.0 which I installed using the neat new CM installer app. I have enjoyed it for a bit, but find it is really draining my battery. Have tried the usual fixes, but this is definitely more of a drain than when I was on stock.

I am looking to install a new ROM that is slightly more modified with battery and performance in mind. The problem is, I haven't flashed custom ROMs the old fashioned way since I had my Desire HD and I am now a little nervous as I have no idea of the procedure involved. I am obvisouly already rooted as I have CM 11.0 installed, but what's next? Is there a good guide somewhere for noobs that I am missing?

Many many thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

First of all, apologies If i have not looked hard enough!

I am currently on CM 11.0 which I installed using the neat new CM installer app. I have enjoyed it for a bit, but find it is really draining my battery. Have tried the usual fixes, but this is definitely more of a drain than when I was on stock.

I am looking to install a new ROM that is slightly more modified with battery and performance in mind. The problem is, I haven't flashed custom ROMs the old fashioned way since I had my Desire HD and I am now a little nervous as I have no idea of the procedure involved. I am obvisouly already rooted as I have CM 11.0 installed, but what's next? Is there a good guide somewhere for noobs that I am missing?

As a side-note, if anyone has any recommendations on KitKat ROMS with good battery performance, i would be happy to listen.

Many many thanks for any help!

Guides are in stickies of this rom. Will help to link it ltr.
Also, no asking for best roms or kernels in this forum.
Edit: Link here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2148708

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

nhenson22

Dec 3, 2010
Torquay
Last edited: