~~ DrSrF BUUFfet ~~ [18/07/10] added trans.calendar for Cht1.8.5 and icon bg tempate

Search This thread

Rurph

Feb 2, 2010
Buuf Theme based on Buuf icons made by Paul Davey (aka mattahan - http://mattahan.deviantart.com/gallery/)

Buuf analogue clocks (Sniper-wolf)

Buuf digital clocks (Rawrscary, Degake, Sniper-wolf+Degake background)

Buuf icons (Rurph) - a mix of Buuf Deuce icons, the shape of iReflect icons and the backgrounds made by popdog54 (ppcgeeks)

To replace icons, you need to use either JWMD or CSMI icon changer. links are http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=567080 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=589459. short tutorials on how to use these apps are in the respective threads. once you have replaced the icons, you will need to delete Sense icon cache. for that use Sense Icon Cache Clearer - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=662233

For the second and third Buuf icon packs, check post 7

For the icon background psd template, check this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7237519&postcount=1033

Buuf sliders (Rawrscary with white box1&with transparent box2, Sniper-wolf)

Buuf add-ons for CHT 1.8 + music button fix (Degake, Rawrscary)

Check post 7

Buuf hq wallps/HD wall cabs (Rurph, Franwella)

To have the same background (as on the homescreen) on other tabs, you need first to install the right version of Cookie's patch for the manila version you are using. the patch can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=529730
After that you need to install one of the hd wall cabs, choose the cab of the image you like and install, you will get the same wallpaper on all tabs + a high quality wallpaper on the home screen :)

Buuf people, internet, calendar, music, weather tabs (Rawrscary/Degake)

For these tabs, check post 6 (there are all-in-one cabs for manila 1921 and 2012). Those having problems with the robot image not showing up in the calendar tab, try one of Rawrscary's calendar cabs (see post 7)

Buuf email tab, endscreen, volume control (Degake)

For these mods, check post 6

Buuf boot/shutdown animations (Rawrscary)

Check post 6

Buuf softkeys for 6.5.x (Rawrscary)

Check post 6

Buuf lock screen wallpapers (Rurph)

Check post 6

Buuf communication manager & lock sliders (Degake) Buuf album cover (AvRS)

Check post 7 (Degake's lock sliders are for those not using Cht lock)

Buuf settings tab (Degake)

check post 7

Buuf notification icons (Preston74)

check post 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For the transparency of the calendar tab on the home screen, use the file from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7237519&postcount=1033

Before installing any parts, please back-up your phone just to be on the safe side :)

Big thanks to CJ Lippstreu from pocketnow.com for the video review

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there an all-in-one cab for this theme?
A: At the moment there is no such cab. The reasons are first, we have made several versions for the same parts (like analogue/digital clocks, sliders), so people can choose the one they like and second, since we are still working on the theme, it is easier for us to deal with any bugs/problems having seperate cabs.
Q: Will there be an all-in-one cab?
A: Yes, once we comlete customising all parts.
Q: Do I need to install Cookie´s Home Tab first?
A: Apart from the analogue clocks/cht-addons, you don´t need, but it is adviceably to get the full advantage of your phone and the theme.
Q: Do I need to have Manila/Sence 2.5?
A: Yes
Q: How to install the parts?
A: Download a zip file to your pc, extract & copy a cab file to your phone´s internal memory or storage card, using a file explorer on your phone find & tap that cab file, install it on the device and then soft reset/restart your phone.

Buuf Deuce icons are used pursuant to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
All rights are reserved.

Last edited:

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
Wow! This theme would look awesome when finished!

Rurph

Feb 2, 2010
Thank you guys, much appreciate your support :)

The theme could be ready soon, just need to find an expert who will be willing to customise the taskbar, stock flip clock, slider and any other stuff that can go with the theme

really original, fresh and artistic ... !!!!! :)

Love it !!!!!!!

can't wait to see it on my phone !

good work !!!

Wow! This theme would look awesome when finished!

Last edited:

Rurph

Feb 2, 2010
yeah, I checked those slider icons, but there are not fitting that well. those sliders were made using old Buuf icons :(
but thanks for letting me know

There is also a matching slider out there that matches. I think it is called way out there or way out there 2. Sumpin like that.

Attachments

• Preston'sBUUfNotifications.1.8.5.cab
    341.9 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:

leewenxu

Feb 10, 2010
Puchong
Hi... I remember requesting a Buuf theme couple weeks back and I'm thankful that some people out here shares the same idea with me. I'm hoping that you'll be able to make a complete theme like the GTX or Fallout theme out here with the slider bar as well. However, is it possible to change the stock icons to the Buuf icons by overwriting the stock ones in the windows folder or something? Because I hesitate to change it with the icon changer software and it's kinda like a waste of space by having an additional software just for the icons? Secondly, I believe by using such app I need the new icon files to be kept in the phone or the SD card. But still I'm happy enough that you're developing a theme based on Buuf. Thank you so much and can't wait for the full release. :D:D:D:D:D

Rurph

Feb 2, 2010
Hi leewenxu,

Yeah, I saw the thread you started, even posted some links there :)

Frankly saying I have no idea whether you can overwrite the stock icons. Personally, I installed JWMD Icon Changer, which is very easy to use.

As regards the free space, yeah the new icons will take some space on the internal memory or storage card, depends where you keep them. I keep them in the storage card and they take around 5-7 mb not more. Even if it was like 100-200 mb, I would still change them, since I couldn't stand the stock icons :)

But I guess it is a personal decision

Thanks for your support by the way

Hi... I remember requesting a Buuf theme couple weeks back and I'm thankful that some people out here shares the same idea with me. I'm hoping that you'll be able to make a complete theme like the GTX or Fallout theme out here with the slider bar as well. However, is it possible to change the stock icons to the Buuf icons by overwriting the stock ones in the windows folder or something? Because I hesitate to change it with the icon changer software and it's kinda like a waste of space by having an additional software just for the icons? Secondly, I believe by using such app I need the new icon files to be kept in the phone or the SD card. But still I'm happy enough that you're developing a theme based on Buuf. Thank you so much and can't wait for the full release. :D:D:D:D:D

A

ajt320

Attachments

• 2010-05-19_10-24-31-AM.jpg
    2010-05-19_10-24-31-AM.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

rawrscary

Apr 7, 2010
Brisbane
Buuf slider

here's a quick slider I put together, It's still missing footprints, face book and twitter icons so if you have them i'll happily add them to it. Let me know if you want me to change / move the icons around. Also what do you think of a slider bar something like this?
image4ki.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 162
  • ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts