[Questions] & [Answers] For (Nearly) All Your Galaxy Tab Problems.

Search This thread

babu39

Jan 16, 2012
galaxy tab 7 ics 4

Please send link on latest overcome for my tab. Tyvm

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Please send link on latest overcome for my tab. Tyvm

fortressevil

Feb 11, 2012
phone--exclamation mark---computer sign and an android icon with "power reset or unkn

it all started when i use odin3 to root my galaxy tab.... Odin3 stuck at setup connection for at least 3 hours so i unplugged my tab~ and thats when the phone--exclamation mark---computer sign showed up and i panicked after pressing the boot button a trillion times....and nothing happens....then after reading a few threads i found that after unplugging the tab, press power + Vol up down and when the screen turn black, release the power button and hold on to Vol button... while replug-in the usb to G tab.... but it doesnt work on my device at all.... the screen just change to a android icon with "power reset or unknown upload mode" beside it.... i tried to reboot but it just keep switching the two scene above!! What can i do??? :(

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
it all started when i use odin3 to root my galaxy tab.... Odin3 stuck at setup connection for at least 3 hours so i unplugged my tab~ and thats when the phone--exclamation mark---computer sign showed up and i panicked after pressing the boot button a trillion times....and nothing happens....then after reading a few threads i found that after unplugging the tab, press power + Vol up down and when the screen turn black, release the power button and hold on to Vol button... while replug-in the usb to G tab.... but it doesnt work on my device at all.... the screen just change to a android icon with "power reset or unknown upload mode" beside it.... i tried to reboot but it just keep switching the two scene above!! What can i do??? :(

You gotta use vol down for download mode and fully flash the correct stock rom for your tab.

- Tapatalk - SGT-P1000N - CM9 RC0 -

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
How to check hardware acceleration if its activated in galaxy tab,, i am using ics,, thx

There are 2 things to check. 3d games... you should have that. And video/audio hw codecs. You are not going to have all those codecs like with a samsung rom, cause we are using Opensource AOSP. In a player like mx player it will tell ya if using software or hw. Well made mp4s should be fully hw accell.

- Tapatalk - SGT-P1000N - CM9 RC0 -

fortressevil

Feb 11, 2012
fully flash the correct stock rom for your tab??

THANKS for replaying....fully flash the correct stock rom for your tab?? can u explain fully~ or post the all the steps~ cause i really can't get it....:confused:

kiki_kc

Apr 3, 2012
Hi!
I have Galaxy P7500 and after rooting, ROM is nearly full, the rest is only 11.7 Mb. I tried to delete some apps, but nothing has changed. Ti bckp still showing that the 596Mb of memory is used. After rooting I only installed sdmaid and BusyBox. I still have the stock ROM. What went wrong?:confused:

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
wrong forum.
This is the Galaxy Tab 7" Original forum.
There is one for Galaxy Tab 10.1", go look for it.

myanmargunner

Mar 20, 2012
Kindly Request To Help Me How To Root GT - P1000

Hello Technicians

i would like to know how can i root my GT P1000. searching the ways on internet . but i can't find it anymore.
i also don't know how to do it.
so kindly request you to direct the ways step by step.

Here all about my device

Firmware Version

Bseband Version
P1000DXJPE

Kernel Version
root@DELL1126#2

Build number
GINGERBREAD.DXJPJ

regards
myanmargunner

anonymous-x

Jan 27, 2010
FL
1st Tablet

Figured I better post, bought one of these to get started in tablets & this sure looks like a good place to start. Thanks for all this info.

Reactions: k0sh
Apr 19, 2012
Kochi
guide

Can anybody give links to a detailed guide on flashing a GSM tab [stock gb] with cm9 ice nightly?
I've flashed a couple of rom's on my blade but find the Sep kernel- Rom thingy confusing.Thanks

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
CM9 links and tips

Can anybody give links to a detailed guide on flashing a GSM tab [stock gb] with cm9 ice nightly?
I've flashed a couple of rom's on my blade but find the Sep kernel- Rom thingy confusing.Thanks

Basically you need to be in Gingerbread, and have a kernel that converts your partitions to ext4 and has CwM Recovery. Follow the Overcome guides and flash their latest kernel.
From there, using the CwM Recovery, you flash the CM9 ZIP.

@k0sh, might be time to update the CM9 links in OP.
XDA CM9 Developer thread – don’t post here unless it’s development related! No bugs, no questions, no requests – Use discussion thread or nightly thread.
XDA CM9 Nightly thread - new builds from collaborators.
XDA CM9 Discussion thread - general CM9 discussion for the SGT7 - apps, bugs, etc.

nor11wan

Dec 8, 2008
Hi there,just got a 7.7 and using the default browser tried to download a file,(Comic-cbr)
but all I got was the title of the file and NO CONTENTS,do I need to use another browser???

blcpl

Apr 30, 2012
720p Video on ICS (aokp build #34)

I've tried to play a 720p video (.mkv container, high profile, 8 bit encode, mp3 audio) with different video players (namely diceplayer and mxplayer). The video plays, the embedded subtitles are displayed, but the playback is choppy and trying to seek through the video either resets the video or closes it. I remember playing files like this while on the stock rom without issues: is it something related to ICS?

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
I've tried to play a 720p video (.mkv container, high profile, 8 bit encode, mp3 audio) with different video players (namely diceplayer and mxplayer). The video plays, the embedded subtitles are displayed, but the playback is choppy and trying to seek through the video either resets the video or closes it. I remember playing files like this while on the stock rom without issues: is it something related to ICS?

Yes, since there is no official Samsung ICS for the sgt7, you're probably using some AOSP based ROM. That means only opensource stuff...only 1 free codec supported, h. 264 and aac.

SGT-P1000N CM9 Tapatalk2

Reactions: k0sh

blcpl

Apr 30, 2012
Yes, since there is no official Samsung ICS for the sgt7, you're probably using some AOSP based ROM. That means only opensource stuff...only 1 free codec supported, h. 264 and aac.

SGT-P1000N CM9 Tapatalk2

well, thanks for the confirmation then :)
I won't hold my breath for more codec support, though it'd be icing on the cake...

edit: got another question re: ICS rom... I had disabled all haptic feedback on the settings, and it did rid me of vibration on the unlock screen. After the latest reboot tough the vibration is back, and enabling/disabling it in the settings does nothing...

Is there any other way to disable any vibration feedback on the unlock screen?

Last edited:

First Tab

Dec 30, 2011
hi, i got a question, maybe its stupid but i've tried searching and cant find it anywhere.

so my hermes 2.0.1 tab p1000 is under my Google account. and since i've bought the P7500, i'm trying to give the p1000 to my wife. made some google account for her.

the problem:

- i've reset to factory default, no luck (through settings)
- i've reset to factory default, usb format no lick (through settings)
- i've wiped through recovery CWM. still no luck

basically after all above, my programs are still there, my account is also there, and now my tab wont show the flight mode, and data mode when pressed power.. only show the overcome added menu (reboot, recovery, etc)

so any lights on this? should i reflash? i'm confused because all my stuffs is still there in the tab... and i want to clean it up.. hopefully without resorting to reflash.
are u on a stock or custom rom .. if on a custom rom you just need to reflash the gapps. this is what i had to do when l gave my old sgs to My wife to wipe out my account on that device..

Top Liked Posts