[Q] My HOS got an FW update today 2012-05-08 (1.78.401.2)

Search This thread

f10a

Sep 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Same here... S-Off, Stock recovery restored with the All-in-one Toolkit. Trying to apply update -> at about 20% of the progrss bar the red triangle shows. Automatic reboot after like 2 minutes.

EDIT:
The home button brings me to the recovery, saying:

I was under the impression that i made a backup before deleting, but can't locate it... Anyone can share the 7digital3.0.apk?
If I am right, I deleted more useless stock installed apks, so there might come up more missing apks...

How did you S-OFF?

ReichMann

Mar 15, 2012
Berlin
how can i update? it boots always to recovery and say failed....

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed"

i have now bootloader UNLOCKED (tampered) via htc-dev. rooted with Paul's Method.

how can i update it? should i relock the bootloader? :confused:

thx

kuroneko007

Jan 20, 2011
Tokyo
www.japandroid.info
I have a sim-free, unbranded EU One S, currently on an O2 germany SIm. Relocked bootloader, flashed the 1.53 rUU, so now I am completely stock. Check for updates, shows no update available, no matter how many times I press it. Any other way to get this update?

G

GuestX0019

You need to fastboot flash a stock recovery and use root keeper from market to not lose root. Then reflash custom recovery--

Paul has a stock recovery on his website page you got the CWM recovery from. The two dl's there a stock and the CWM recoveries. Nandroid first--

kenyw

Apr 28, 2010
I'm in the UK, have an unbranded One S bought in the UK from Clove. (not sure if it's the EU one, how do you identify it?) So far, no OTA update available yet.

6gex

Jul 20, 2008
sainte savine
the browser has been updated.
To see the menu slide your finger from the edge of the screen and a menu apears where you can choose tabs, bookmarks etc..

6gex

Jul 20, 2008
sainte savine
Hmm. I can not verify this. Sounds like you are using Dolphin ?
Anybody else ?

Only the stock browser.
Now it is always in full screen. Before the update the top bar apear when you scroll down.
Since the update The only way i can see the top bar is touch the edge of the screen to the center then a half circle apear with 5 choises, tab bookmark etc..

Attachments

• DSC02911.JPG
    DSC02911.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

sixstring

Jan 2, 2009
Frankfurt
Only the stock browser.
Now it is always in full screen. Before the update the top bar apear when you scroll down.
Since the update The only way i can see the top bar is touch the edge of the screen to the center then a half circle apear with 5 choises, tab bookmark etc..

OK. I definately don't have this. :cool:
My browser behaviour has not changed at all.

EDIT:

Now I found it: It is an option in the browser settings section "Labs".
You can activate this feature there. :)

Last edited:

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Before the update I had occasional sense reloads and random reboots. These seems to have disappeared completely after the update :)

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

ReichMann

Mar 15, 2012
Berlin
how can i update? it boots always to recovery and say failed....

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed"

i have now bootloader UNLOCKED (tampered) via htc-dev. rooted with Paul's Method.

how can i update it? should i relock the bootloader? :confused:

thx

can some one guide me with this?am new here :p

DONE! just reflash stock Recovery and get update OTA. so the unlock bootloader have nothing to do with this? coz i read before that when the bootloader is unlocked, man loses the OTA.
btw, got new update :D

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

you still had to re-root, correct?

or did you use root keeper?

robban87

Mar 29, 2010
Stockholm
I can't see certain Beats audio presets in the music app (ie. beats studio, urBeats etc.). Before the update there was like 5 different ones I could choose not it's just 2. Can anyone else confirm this?

eckbauer

Nov 11, 2011
Bavarian Alps
I got my new HOS yesterday and had a firmware update,was this the first update since the phone came on the market or were there any before.

ReichMann

Mar 15, 2012
Berlin
you still had to re-root, correct?

or did you use root keeper?

i used Root Keeper.

u're right.If some one don;t use RootKeeper(GooglePlay), he must re-root the device.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I got my new HOS yesterday and had a firmware update,was this the first update since the phone came on the market or were there any before.

this is the first update from HTC.

Reactions: eckbauer

Top Liked Posts