problem with syncronization

Search This thread

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
hi guys i'm enjoing my great touch jade, but i encountered an annoing problem in syncronization: i can easily install activesync (i'm on xp pro sp3 and i've got office pro 2003) but when i connect my jade to pc nothing happen.. i mean, the phone start charging, but no sync go and windows send me a message about unidentified device, i haven't driver... how can i manage this situation? i'm trying since 4 days.. 've tryed softreset, searched everywhere and it seems that i need driver for a net-adapter NDIS.. i tought an activesync corrupted files, i downloaded from microsoft.com, but didn't work anyway. is activesync that don't install driver or my jade that got something wrong? i also tryed to change the usb cable.. isn't my cable..

nothing works...:(:(

sry for my unperfect english, i'm managing learning!

Imyman

Mar 18, 2008
Tampa
Two things you can check:

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
Have you tried unchecking start>settings>connections>usb to pc?

of course i tried all possibility

Two things you can check:

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.

1. i'm waiting my friend to come back from holiday to try on its:D.. he has vista, maybe it is a xp problem.. i tried all my usb, but its the same, everything works, but the jade:(

2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..

Imyman

Mar 18, 2008
Tampa
2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..

You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?

oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..

Last edited:

lilithpro

Oct 11, 2008
oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..

When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...

thanks, but:

"impossible to find a better software than the one yet installed":(:(:(

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
Hm, this worked for me. Try going to the device manager and uninstall the active driver, then re-try the above.

now i'm at work, but i tried yet this operation, and it tell me that no driver is installed for this device.... -.-

the real problem is that when i install activesync, he don't update the system with the right driver for my jade... i tryed on my girlfriend pc, she's got xp home and its the same... at now i can't try on vista, because the only one i know who use vista is on holiday... but i wanna find that shi##ing problem and solve it...:mad:

SlappyHours

Nov 5, 2008
ActiveSync works fine with my WinXP SP 3.

When i connected Jade the first time XP asked for a driver. I ignored this.

Then I installed ActiveSync from one of the CDs that come with Jade.

Of course, you will also have to select ActiveSync (not "drive") on your jade when you connect it to the PC.

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
i writed in microsoft forum and sended a mail to htc to have fixed drivers.. i'll let you know if i manage..

IL_mante

Dec 15, 2008
update:

at now i can't manage to sync...:(

tried hard reset, asked microsoft for help, and htc too, they said i can have a hardware problem on my touch, cause nor in my friend laptop with vista can get drivers.. from htc they told me they can replace my touch with a new one...

i think i'll get this way...