Homemade Bootanimations Collection + How To Install/make + Enable/Disable

Search This thread

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Hello my fellow S3 mates!

I’ve made this thread for one purpose: To have all, or almost all, information about bootanimations for stock Samsung ROMs in one thread.

I’m planning to make some bootanimations in the near future, both for ICS and JB. I haven’t made many lately though, because I’ve used almost all my spare time on the bootanimation for the Omega JB rom. I will make some animations now and then, and they will all be posted in this thread

This thread also contains my enable and disables cwm flashable zip-files, and a quick "How-To" guide for making them work.

And finally there are some things to notice before making your own bootanimations, which i of course also have written in this thread. So it’s easy for you to get started.

If you have any questions, need help, or just want to share your custom/homemade bootanimations, feel free to contact me. If it’s because you have a bootanimation to share, I prefer it sended to me as a pm, instead of posting in this thread, as I would like it as clean as possible. Then I can post it in the correct post in this thread, with credits of course. The bootanimation has to be made by you, otherwise it won’t be posted. If it’s made by another creator than you, and you just have modified it to work with S3, you have to get the permission from the original creator.

I’m thinking this would be ideal for a bootanimation collection thread, so it’s easy for other people to find animations, without the need to search through lots of different threads. But this can only be done with your help.

If you have found a bootanimation that you havent made and would like to share it, may i refer to the thread by pkoper here: [Bootanimations] The Bootanimation Repository
as my thread here is more technical based about the subject, and if you make your own, please contact me if you would like it posted in this thread.

If you have any suggestions to this thread, then feel free to pm me, thanks in advance.

---

As you probably noticed, there isn’t much here yet, but in time there will be (hopefully…)

Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
ICS and JB boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for both ICS and JB roms. (Not looped)
(Set number of loops till phone starts, which is calculated by the creator)

Droid RazR M BootAnimation Original and Blue
Preview Original
Download both here
Credits to the original creator Matt Groff and therazrguy
Credits to Kryten2k35 for modifying and making it work

Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
JB ONLY boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for ONLY JB roms.
(Don't use on ICS ROMs or the phone will infinitely loop)

S3 Logo - Vortex
CWM_Bootanimation_S3LogoVortex_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
Download for S3
Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - 01
CWM_Bootanimation_S3Logo01_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
Download for S3
Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - Smoke
s3logofire_preview_static.gif

Preview
Download for S3
Made by Anbech

Preview Original
Preview Blue
Download both here

Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
How to install

1. If you haven’t already, you should check whether or not your phone is able to play custom bootanimations.

2. Download this bootanimation.zip, I’ve made only for testing, and place it in /data/local or /system/media folder. Or flash this with CWM: CWM_CustomBootanimation_Test.zip

3. Reboot, and if it’s still Samsung original booting sequence, it’s not enabled.

4. If you have a Samsung (touchwiz) based rom (stock), you can easily enable it with my cwm flashable zip, attached to this post.

5. Download both CWM_CustomBootanimation_Enable.zip and CWM_CustomBootanimation_Disable.zip, and place them at your internal sdcard. The reason I say you should get both, is because when trying out different animations, it can easily mess up the boot. If that happens it’s quite simple to just reboot into cwm, flash the disable zip, reboot, replace the animation with a working one, and reboot into cwm again and flash the enable zip. Should be easy for beginners.

**The test animation works for both ICS and JB**

Minimum requirements:
- CF-root with CWM
- Busybox

This has been reported working on:
[ICS]4.0.4 --> [JB]4.2.1 --> [JB]4.2.2 --> [JB]4.3
i9300, i9305, Sprint, Verizon and i747m devices.
Galaxy Note II - N7100
Galaxy Grand - i9082
And should in theory work on all other samsung android devices.

UPDATE:
made two new flashable zip files, that should work for 4.2.1.. it uses the AOSP "bootanimation"-file, that already has the "bootanimation.zip"-method implemented..
EDIT: it has been confirmed that this works for the 4.2.2 as well..

UPDATE2:
if anyone is having issues having the Anbech-folder on internal sdcard, and cant remove it, then try flash the "CWM_RemoveAnbechFolder.zip"-file from the attachments..

UPDATE3:
made 2 new flashzips:
Code:
CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip
CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Disable.zip
they should work for any 4.3 sammy rom. make sure to get both files, as the disable-flashzip is handy if anything gets messed up ;)

UPDATE4:
2 new flashzips:
Code:
CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Enable.zip
CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Disable.zip
let me know how they work out, as i cant test them myself :)

if just half of those who uses my work, would hit the thanks-button, i would be very happy :)

Attachments

• CWM_CustomBootanimation_Enable.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 25,402
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_Disable.zip
    142.3 KB · Views: 15,365
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_421_Enable.zip
    164.7 KB · Views: 14,684
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_421_Disable.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 6,181
  • CWM_RemoveAnbechFolder.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,470
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip
    164.7 KB · Views: 7,298
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Disable.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 4,078
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Enable.zip
    164.8 KB · Views: 12,196
  • CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Disable.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 19,986
Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Making your own

This is what you need to know for making your own bootanimations.

The bootanimation.zip contains at least one folder, typically named "Part0", and a file named: "desc.txt".
There can be more folders, depends on how many parts there is. This is actually quite smart, as if you want the first part to be showed one time, the second part three times, and the last part untill the phone shows the UI. Then the bootanimation.zip would look something like this:

Part0
Part1
Part2
desc.txt

and the desc.txt file like this:
720 1280 20
p 1 0 Part0
p 3 0 Part1
p 0 0 Part2

The first digit - is how many times that part should be played (0 means infinite/forever)
The last digit - is the delay before the animation begins to play, in milliseconds
PartX - is the folder with the animation(Part0, Part1, Part2... PartX)

That was just an example to explain it. you can be as creative as you like, only your imagination sets the limit.

Inside each PartX-folder is there an animation, showed as images, one image per frame.
Supported images, from what ive tried myself, is JPEG, JPG and PNG. BMP might work as well, but this would make the zip file large in size.
The framerate (fps) is set in the desc.txt file, right to the resolution setting:

An example of a desc.txt which is set to 20 fps.
I recommend not to set this to high, as the phone is quite loaded at the bootup process, so its a heavy process it to make a animation of images too. I usually set it somewhere between 20 and 25, that is by my own experience, the most smoothly rate.

When youve made your animation, you should keep in mind if it should be for ICS or JB, or both.
If its for ICS you should NOT make it looped, otherwise the phone will not show the UI after bootup. Looped animations can ONLY be used with JB.

The desc.txt file should be created/edited with notepad++ or something similar, as the regular notepad might mess with the structure.

To pack down the Part-folders and desc.txt file, its just by using winrar, 7zip or something similar. Just set it to save the files only, not compressing it.

I hope this will come someone handy, and if anyone has something that might be added, corrected, or even deleted, just let me know by a pm.

Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Here you can find some for the galaxy nexus,which work great for the sg3 as well :)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12938-boot-animations-for-galaxy-nexus-updated-071912/

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

well, to quote my self in the first post: "The bootanimation has to be made by you, otherwise it won’t be posted. If it’s made by another creator than you, and you just have modified it to work with S3, you have to get the permission from the original creator."
kind of self-explanatory, but since its from another site you are referring to, i just think its good enough with the link in your post :)
i see no reason to add them all here too, but thanks for sharing :)

mate can u make the omega bootanimation with black background

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

i made it with black background at first, but when its that dark the glass effect kinda losses some details.. but you are not the first who asks about that, so i might make a black version in the near future..
this thread will not list the exclusive omega animations, so it wont be posted here..

and to your others, thanks for the support :)

maddes1402

May 11, 2011
Well... Usually I am the one who is always mad when ppl don't read the starting post of a thread.
But since I use your great method when you shared it in the boot animation help thread I thought you just explain the right installation :eek:
My apologies :)

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Well... Usually I am the one who is always mad when ppl don't read the starting post of a thread.
But since I use your great method when you shared it in the boot animation help thread I thought you just explain the right installation :eek:
My apologies :)

no problems mate, and thanks :)

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
That means its enabled.. Thats how I did.. I just put my fav bootanimation.zip to data/local folder and that's it..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Yeah, still need to write a lot in this thread, but that will be some of it.. Thanks for pointing it out mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install

1. If you haven’t already, you should check whether or not your phone is able to play custom bootanimations.

2. Download this bootanimation.zip, I’ve made only for testing, and place it in /data/local or /system/media folder. Or flash this with CWM: CWM_CustomBootanimation_Test.zip

3. Reboot, and if it’s still Samsung original booting sequence, it’s not enabled.

4. If you have a Samsung (touchwiz) based rom (stock), you can easily enable it with my cwm flashable zip, attached to this post.

5. Download both CWM_CustomBootanimation_Enable.zip and CWM_CustomBootanimation_Disable.zip, and place them at your internal sdcard. The reason I say you should get both, is because when trying out different animations, it can easily mess up the boot. If that happens it’s quite simple to just reboot into cwm, flash the disable zip, reboot, replace the animation with a working one, and reboot into cwm again and flash the enable zip. Should be easy for beginners.

**The test animation works for both ICS and JB**

Minimum requirements:
    - CF-root with CWM
    - Busybox

This has been reported working on:
    [ICS]4.0.4 --> [JB]4.2.1 --> [JB]4.2.2 --> [JB]4.3
    i9300, i9305, Sprint, Verizon and i747m devices.
    Galaxy Note II - N7100
    Galaxy Grand - i9082
    And should in theory work on all other samsung android devices.

UPDATE:
    made two new flashable zip files, that should work for 4.2.1.. it uses the AOSP "bootanimation"-file, that already has the "bootanimation.zip"-method implemented..
    EDIT: it has been confirmed that this works for the 4.2.2 as well..

UPDATE2:
    if anyone is having issues having the Anbech-folder on internal sdcard, and cant remove it, then try flash the "CWM_RemoveAnbechFolder.zip"-file from the attachments..

UPDATE3:
    made 2 new flashzips:
    Code:
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Disable.zip
    they should work for any 4.3 sammy rom. make sure to get both files, as the disable-flashzip is handy if anything gets messed up ;)

UPDATE4:
    2 new flashzips:
    Code:
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Enable.zip
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Disable.zip
    let me know how they work out, as i cant test them myself :)

if just half of those who uses my work, would hit the thanks-button, i would be very happy :)
    Hello my fellow S3 mates!

I’ve made this thread for one purpose: To have all, or almost all, information about bootanimations for stock Samsung ROMs in one thread.

I’m planning to make some bootanimations in the near future, both for ICS and JB. I haven’t made many lately though, because I’ve used almost all my spare time on the bootanimation for the Omega JB rom. I will make some animations now and then, and they will all be posted in this thread

This thread also contains my enable and disables cwm flashable zip-files, and a quick "How-To" guide for making them work.

And finally there are some things to notice before making your own bootanimations, which i of course also have written in this thread. So it’s easy for you to get started.

If you have any questions, need help, or just want to share your custom/homemade bootanimations, feel free to contact me. If it’s because you have a bootanimation to share, I prefer it sended to me as a pm, instead of posting in this thread, as I would like it as clean as possible. Then I can post it in the correct post in this thread, with credits of course. The bootanimation has to be made by you, otherwise it won’t be posted. If it’s made by another creator than you, and you just have modified it to work with S3, you have to get the permission from the original creator.

I’m thinking this would be ideal for a bootanimation collection thread, so it’s easy for other people to find animations, without the need to search through lots of different threads. But this can only be done with your help.

If you have found a bootanimation that you havent made and would like to share it, may i refer to the thread by pkoper here: [Bootanimations] The Bootanimation Repository
    as my thread here is more technical based about the subject, and if you make your own, please contact me if you would like it posted in this thread.

If you have any suggestions to this thread, then feel free to pm me, thanks in advance.

---

As you probably noticed, there isn’t much here yet, but in time there will be (hopefully…)
    Making your own

This is what you need to know for making your own bootanimations.

The bootanimation.zip contains at least one folder, typically named "Part0", and a file named: "desc.txt".
    There can be more folders, depends on how many parts there is. This is actually quite smart, as if you want the first part to be showed one time, the second part three times, and the last part untill the phone shows the UI. Then the bootanimation.zip would look something like this:

Part0
    Part1
    Part2
    desc.txt

and the desc.txt file like this:
    720 1280 20
    p 1 0 Part0
    p 3 0 Part1
    p 0 0 Part2

The first digit - is how many times that part should be played (0 means infinite/forever)
    The last digit - is the delay before the animation begins to play, in milliseconds
    PartX - is the folder with the animation(Part0, Part1, Part2... PartX)

That was just an example to explain it. you can be as creative as you like, only your imagination sets the limit.

Inside each PartX-folder is there an animation, showed as images, one image per frame.
    Supported images, from what ive tried myself, is JPEG, JPG and PNG. BMP might work as well, but this would make the zip file large in size.
    The framerate (fps) is set in the desc.txt file, right to the resolution setting:

An example of a desc.txt which is set to 20 fps.
    I recommend not to set this to high, as the phone is quite loaded at the bootup process, so its a heavy process it to make a animation of images too. I usually set it somewhere between 20 and 25, that is by my own experience, the most smoothly rate.

When youve made your animation, you should keep in mind if it should be for ICS or JB, or both.
    If its for ICS you should NOT make it looped, otherwise the phone will not show the UI after bootup. Looped animations can ONLY be used with JB.

The desc.txt file should be created/edited with notepad++ or something similar, as the regular notepad might mess with the structure.

To pack down the Part-folders and desc.txt file, its just by using winrar, 7zip or something similar. Just set it to save the files only, not compressing it.

I hope this will come someone handy, and if anyone has something that might be added, corrected, or even deleted, just let me know by a pm.
    JB ONLY boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for ONLY JB roms.
    (Don't use on ICS ROMs or the phone will infinitely loop)

S3 Logo - Vortex
    CWM_Bootanimation_S3LogoVortex_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - 01
    CWM_Bootanimation_S3Logo01_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - Smoke
    s3logofire_preview_static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

Preview Original
    Preview Blue
    Download both here
    ICS and JB boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for both ICS and JB roms. (Not looped)
    (Set number of loops till phone starts, which is calculated by the creator)

Preview Original
    Download both here