RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)

Search This thread

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Never mind got it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360777629567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360777629567.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 644

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Every time I flash this it fails...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

With it being an update.zip it doesn't flash like a normal zip. You need to be unrooted and 100% stock LJC. Save it and flash through stock recovery.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I am looking forward to getting the 4.2.2. I hooe it brings some of the features from tthw S4 to the note2

patrick_1

Aug 25, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Even though those listed are the international models, Sprint & sammy's been pretty good about hooking us up with leaks through the power of the sextape! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Reactions: budde2

Jimmy50941

Oct 5, 2010
anyone seen any recent RDF's? the latest shows as LK2, which i saw MA7 on there before, but its not there anymore. hmm

Jimmy50941

Oct 5, 2010
MA9 would have been a test build that was done long before MA7 was actually released. MA9 would have been built january 9th i believe. so i doubt they even found any problems with MA7, or else MA9 would have been the OTA release. I could swear i saw a MB rdf at one point though, so who knows where those went. i tried to even find MA7 and it just shows page not found.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
MA9 would have been a test build that was done long before MA7 was actually released. MA9 would have been built january 9th i believe. so i doubt they even found any problems with MA7, or else MA9 would have been the OTA release. I could swear i saw a MB rdf at one point though, so who knows where those went. i tried to even find MA7 and it just shows page not found.

I have quite a few bugs with the ma7 update battery is worse by 3-4 hrs gallery is laggy and so is mms when scrolling through text they could have done some more testing and waited a little long before releasing it maybe it would not so buggy than imo

Jimmy50941

Oct 5, 2010
lol go from an OG epic to this phone :p its flawless lol actually i had a sgs3 for a few months too, but still. There are going to be bugs, but thats what we are here for, we are their beta testers lol

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
I have quite a few bugs with the ma7 update battery is worse by 3-4 hrs gallery is laggy and so is mms when scrolling through text they could have done some more testing and waited a little long before releasing it maybe it would not so buggy than imo

I'm on stock rooted MA7 but running Perseus kernel so I can't comment on stock usage but I think they were more concerned with getting the security patch out there at the time. Things should get better with future updates. Also I have zero issues running that kernel and everything is buttery smooth and super quick. Overclocked to 1.8 ghz and couldn't be happier so you might want to try that if you haven't already.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I'm on stock rooted MA7 but running Perseus kernel so I can't comment on stock usage but I think they were more concerned with getting the security patch out there at the time. Things should get better with future updates. Also I have zero issues running that kernel and everything is buttery smooth and super quick. Overclocked to 1.8 ghz and couldn't be happier so you might want to try that if you haven't already.

do You have a link for the Kernel. if I install that Kernel will I loose and Features

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Sure here you go
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975262

I didn't lose anything but be careful man if you're not familiar with custom kernels. It comes with an app called STweaks that you will have after installing it. You can change settings through that app. Enjoy!

Reactions: budde2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well.... I have it on good authority MJ7 is 4.3.
    Don't have proof yet but based on another nugget for another device it also very likely has the Gear support.

And while also speculation I'm putting money that's our next OTA and it's coming probably in the next 3 weeks.
    That timeframe is based on one simple fact - They need the Gear support before Black Friday.
    They'll also want to do it with enough time to support things before the holidays approach.
    For those who want it I've now got the MA7 update.zip on my Repo page.

http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Enjoy!
    Since I love to tease

uploadfromtaptalk1360134821163.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, the regular sources have confirmed 4.2.2 is in development for this and Sprint S3 at the moment. No build IDs yet, just knowledge that they're working on it. But based on recent updates, including the S4, I'm not confident we'll see anything until they are ready to release it. Let's hope I'm wrong.
    This was done over on the Samsung Galaxy S2/E4GT threads by my good friend Febby. I did some digging and discovered we didn't have anything like it over here on the Galaxy Note 2 threads.

Being the RDF junkie that I am I thought it might be fun to start a thread over here.

For those of you who don't know what an RDF is... RDF stands for "Resource Description Framework". In non-geek terms an RDF is essentially a specification sheet that details what the finished product will be. In this case the product itself is already out but any time there is a software revision it results in a build number change. Each build number has an associated RDF.

Before we get too much further, you MUST use Internet Explorer to view an RDF. For whatever reason they ONLY display correctly in Internet Explorer.

You can almost always view the most recent RDF by entering http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest in Internet Explorer. *Generally the only time you don't see the latest RDF on here is when it's a potential OTA.

I will try to maintain this thread with the direct links to each RDF as they come out. I will use Post #2 to keep a history of some of our older RDF's. If I miss one don't be afraid to point it out! :)

Enjoy!