[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY] Upgrade ics RazrHD to JB via RSD-Lite

Search This thread

christian5916

Ok people after like an eternity without LTE I finaly got it to work and maybe this is why some people got it and some don't, after downloading the fsg file the modem flashing tool(don't know if it's called that lol) always gave me erro loading the fsg so I went and create a new winrar file and place the fsg file in it and removed the .bin at the end and bam thats it, it was the stupid .bin at the end!!!!!! And for all this time curse you .bin!!!!! Lol

Hope this help some of ya.
Using the Telcel ones btw.

A simple yes or no doesn't hurt anyone :-/

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!!!

Well i wrote this post because many users are having problem upgrading the HD to Jelly Bean, there are simple steps to having a 100% working JB Phone!!!

1. download the JB firmware from Telstra Full from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/van...A028.0R_LSAVNQJBTELSTRA_P010_A010_CFC.xml.zip or from Firmware thread!

THANKS TO FIRMWARE TEAM!

I like the Telstra one because Orange and SFR have many battery issues.

2. download the modem_signed file of your operator, U can find it on your Firmware file ICS, In this case were gonna use the Telcel Mexico one (is very important to use the correct one, because in each region LTE works in different freq.

Also u have to extract the fsg_signed file too.

Telcel Modem_Signed https://www.box.com/s/dp2aj3v8odeu65yqkr2x
Rogers Modem_Signed https://www.box.com/s/i2qnaauvc0pd3xmn23mg

AGAIN THANKS TO FIRMWARE TEAM!

3. download the .xml edited: https://www.box.com/s/ylydzzjs79ynmj1vbdm3 This file works for everyone, its just an edited file to run the rsd lite without GETVAR error.

4. with the Telstra firm downloaded double click on it and open with WinRar and Replace the .xml, the fsg_signed and modem_signed files.

5. and thats it! u have a fully functional SBF file to start flashing with RSD Lite.

Btw here u can find the latest drivers.... https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

any issue im here to support u!!!

Hi im new to moto. Just got a xt925 with locked boot from germany that was updated to 4.1.2 out of the box. Is there some way for me to aquire rood with this rsdlite tool?

Motorolalover

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You have to get the bootloader unlocked first. I am not sure if German carrier are enrolled in Moto Bootloader unlock program.. Check it here

If you get bootloader unlocked.. you can downgrade the phone to 4.0 by flashing old rom using RSD lite and then we have a program here in that can get the root on ICS. If getting the root, use root keeper programs and then flash it again 4.1.2.

Or you can always wait for Root on 4.1.2.

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
You have to get the bootloader unlocked first. I am not sure if German carrier are enrolled in Moto Bootloader unlock program.. Check it here

If you get bootloader unlocked.. you can downgrade the phone to 4.0 by flashing old rom using RSD lite and then we have a program here in that can get the root on ICS. If getting the root, use root keeper programs and then flash it again 4.1.2.

Or you can always wait for Root on 4.1.2.

It's easy to get root in 4.1. You just need to flash a .zip file in CWM.

mssidah

Jan 18, 2010
Hey everyone.. i am having issues with Flashing ROM with RSD. Its giving me errors "Failed flashing process 13/21 flash devtree "devtree signed" -> phone returned failed "... So i am stuck on fastboot now. I haven't installed any recovery or other software. Please help.

Resolved!

Please help me. im stuck in the fastboot and cant get out. my battery about to die

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Justo UNLOCK your bootloader and then repeat all again

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

How to unlock the bootloader if you are stuck in fastboot. please help stupid me stuck and my battery bout to die. please anyone helppp

mssidah

Jan 18, 2010
Please help me. im stuck in the fastboot and cant get out. my battery about to die

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

How to unlock the bootloader if you are stuck in fastboot. please help stupid me stuck and my battery bout to die. please anyone helppp

Resolved!

Resolved!

mariomendoza

Apr 30, 2009
CAUTION

Hi all, i have done the upgrade to JB on this method and all is ok. BUT, the TELSTRAONE app that came on this firmware is a severe hungry data consumer and in a couple of days finished my modest monthly data plan, so, take care of deactivate after install the telstra JB update.
CHEERS

Reactions: SickBeast

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
Now with ICS Navigation softkeys!

you can try it out if you are on Motorola Jellybean from another carrier other than telstra but I'm not shure if it will work

Instructions on how to achieve this? I'm trying to edit my SystemUI when I reinstall it I get no status bar no navbar and constant FC. Rooted on JB 4.1.2 Rogers.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925

lecomiquelin

Jul 1, 2010
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I did this process, but when I did I had not the bootloader unlocked, and I could not go back to ics, so I had to unlock the bootloader, and I managed to downgrade, but the phone now turn on into fastboot reason: sitcky fastboot_factory bit. ... them i have to hold vol + , - and power and select normal power up
Does anyone know how to solve? And wanted to know if it is true that now that I unlocked I unable to update more to jelly bean, officially?
Tnx

heffzilla

Jan 20, 2011
I did this process, but when I did I had not the bootloader unlocked, and I could not go back to ics, so I had to unlock the bootloader, and I managed to downgrade, but the phone now turn on into fastboot reason: sitcky fastboot_factory bit. ... them i have to hold vol + , - and power and select normal power up
Does anyone know how to solve? And wanted to know if it is true that now that I unlocked I unable to update more to jelly bean, officially?
Tnx

I had the same thing with sticky bit, I just tried booting to bootloader several times with adb and it finally went

Apple blows

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
Has anyone tried this on the 9.20.1 bootloader and got it unlocked?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

With the US Variant of the devices?

iBolski

Has anyone tried this on the 9.20.1 bootloader and got it unlocked?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

With the US Variant of the devices?

It won't work. See the following post I just made which explains why we will probably never see the ability to unlock the bootloader on the latest ota:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46790009

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remove Carrier name text from the status bar

Hi guys, I managed to edit some XML files in the SystemUI.apk file and then replaced the original APK from my phone,
    on the XML files I edited the line where it shows the carrier name on the status bar.

If you are anoyed by this as I was, here's my SystemUI.apk if you want to try it out in your phone:

INSTALL ONLY IF YOU ARE ON THE ROM ON THIS THREAD

1.- Make a nandroid backup
    2.- using root-explorer copy your current /system/app/SystemUI.apk and save it in your /sdcard/backupAPK folder, create folder if it does not exist.
    3.- Copy the SystemUI.apk in the attachments on your sdcard root folder. Make shure the file name is "SystemUI.apk"
    4.- Using root-explorer copy the SystemUI.apk from your sdcard root and paste it in /system/app
    5.- Select overwrite and reboot your phone.

If something goes wrong and the system cant load the SystemUI you phone will boot up with no status bar, no wallpaper and no navigation bars,
    but you can still access your root-explorer app and restore your SystemUI.apk backup, reboot and everything will go back to normal.

I'm thinking on creating a separate thread with instruction on how to decompile SystemUI.apk, edit the necessary XML file and recompile again, what do you guys think?
    Doing this, do i have to set up everything again ( mail, contacts, etc etc) ??

Thanks!

No it won't erase your data, but you should flash CWM recovery only if you have a XT925 with unlocked bootloader, otherwise it will give errors and maybe a brick...
    Could you please share the fsg_signed file? I'm on the same problem you were with no 4G (on telcel)

Sent from my XT925

Here you have... http://www.mediafire.com/?educ3wbrrynuf5j fsg_signed from TELCEL
    Excellent job. Backing up info, installing and restoring my settings and some info, i believe total install time was under 30 mins.

After the first boot it runs perfect. I mean absolutely perfect. Battery life is great. LTE/4G works at 50mbs down/26mbs up.

Thank you for this.

Rogers LTE network in the Niagara Falls Canada area.

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

I know in Canada for Rogers, i installed 7 Zip on my PC. I opened the Firmware by right clicking and open archive.

I copy the modem file, and the xml file to the firmware. I also downloaded my original ICS firmware from the forums and used 7 Zip to copy the fsg signed and pasted it to the Telestra firmware in the original post. I installed RSD lite 6.0 with patches and and then installed and overwrote with 6.1.4 so the patches stayed present.

To recap, modem signed, fsg signed, and the posted xml all copied to the Telstra firmware using 7 Zip.

Write to phone with RSD Lite 6.1.4 and the newest Motorola drivers installed.

Perfect results. 50+mbs down / 26+mbs up speeds on 4G. Smooth, awesome battery life.

It works like a charm this way.

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium HD app
    CAUTION

Hi all, i have done the upgrade to JB on this method and all is ok. BUT, the TELSTRAONE app that came on this firmware is a severe hungry data consumer and in a couple of days finished my modest monthly data plan, so, take care of deactivate after install the telstra JB update.
    CHEERS