Verizon G2 on MetroPCS , My LTE Speed

Search This thread

Jstlouis1993

Feb 8, 2012
Miami, Florida
Wanted to post of my G2 from Verizon on MetroPCS (T-Mobile owned) service.

Was well satisfied with my LTE Speeds earlier and only on the $40 monthly.

9a5e7aga.jpg

My HSPA+ has been throttled to Edge on this plan since it's 500MB max , But my LTE I believe is unlimited since no provision on it? Haven't been throttles on LTE, Hopefully I don't with this $40 greatness.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ogrekane313

keypox

Dec 2, 2012
Wanted to post of my G2 from Verizon on MetroPCS (T-Mobile owned) service.

Was well satisfied with my LTE Speeds earlier and only on the $40 monthly.

9a5e7aga.jpg

My HSPA+ has been throttled to Edge on this plan since it's 500MB max , But my LTE I believe is unlimited since no provision on it? Haven't been throttles on LTE, Hopefully I don't with this $40 greatness.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

I used my verizon g2 on t mobile but only got HSPA+. Couldn't get 4G because the verizon G2 doesnt have the t mobile 4g bands. I thought MetroPCS used ATT towers.

Jstlouis1993

Feb 8, 2012
Miami, Florida
I used my verizon g2 on t mobile but only got HSPA+. Couldn't get 4G because the verizon G2 doesnt have the t mobile 4g bands. I thought MetroPCS used ATT towers.

HSPA+ is a form of 4G for T-Mobile. LTE I forgot how it works, but LG G2 are able to pick it up off T-Mobile. I'm currently on Metro PCS still using a stock rom and it picks up 4G LTE and switches to HSPA+ when out of LTE area and even goes to Edge when in a bad area. Its all in using the right APN Settings.

and Metro PCS is owned by T-Mobile, so its using T-Mobile Towers.

For Stock roms, U would have to input T-mobile LTE APN settings to access it.

shallwedance

Jan 8, 2010
Can you please tell me how to get data (either 3G or 4G) on the Lg g2 verizon? I already put in a T-mobile sim card, changed network to GSM mode and add an APN following the instructions on the Internet but all I get is voice calling only. The notification bar shows a 3G symbol but I'm not able to connect to the Internet at all. :((

Reactions: neonsrt4

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Can you please tell me how to get data (either 3G or 4G) on the Lg g2 verizon? I already put in a T-mobile sim card, changed network to GSM mode and add an APN following the instructions on the Internet but all I get is voice calling only. The notification bar shows a 3G symbol but I'm not able to connect to the Internet at all. :((
Flash my rom and add ur apn.

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g2/development/rom-cricket-wireless-rom-att-gsm-vs980-t2910279

4ringsa6

Apr 29, 2013
I'm on Stock rom and getting data. The apn is fast.t-mobile.Com

The name is T-Mobile LTE

Change your network setting to global for LTE

RekabSirhc

Dec 6, 2014
Am I seeing this correctly? I ask not to be a smartbutt... I ask because if Im understanding you, I cant get this to work at all.

You said you have the Verizon LG G2 on MetroPCS using the T-mobile LTE APN settings... but you did not have to root or flash or smack or take a hammer to it? Its completely stock?

bleedingthru

Jun 1, 2011
i cant seem to get mms on stock roms tried using xdabbeb g3 rom and data works but no mms is it even possible ??

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Reactions: bleedingthru

Top Liked Posts