Poll: Does the current Widcomm Bluetooth stack work for you

Does the current Bluetooth stack work in your TP2?

• Yes, works flawlessly

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • No, it has bugs

Votes: 134 76.1%
  • I don't use Bluetooth

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Does the stack work? Function? I suppose, for me it works fine with my bluetooth headset, I've Activestinked across it, I've used my Bluetooth GPS quite a lot.

But what does not work are lots of other apps.. :( Resco Explorer and Resco Viewer can't send photos via Bluetooth anymore, BT Spammer doesn't work anymore, etc..

pajaa

Feb 2, 2008
I've used my Bluetooth GPS quite a lot.

etc..

Hi
I have problem useing Bluetooth GPS(QSTARZ GPS818 5Hz) only once I achived to work like it has to work, on 1hz I am most of time satisfied but sometimes it not work very well.
What kind of Bluetooth GPS you are useing?
Regards

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
My psp go can use pretty much any other mobile phones bluetooth for online gaming/psn store apart from the TP2 and D2, the touch hd 2 will not be bought if i cant tether for some online gaming on the go....

BacardiGuy

Jan 11, 2008
With so many people having problems on the Widcomm stack, is there a single chef that will cook a ROM with the MS stack instead?

roharris33

Mar 21, 2008
My problem

First here is my issue: My headset (Jabra BT8010) will not connect when receiving calls. Also when syncing my headset to my phone I get an error message saying that the sound is basically unsupported and I will have to adjust the volume on the headset only. I was able to partially get around the connection issue, I had to disable voice command. After disabling voice command the headset will stay connected when I answer a call using the answer button on the headset. But when I press the answer key on the phone the headset still will not connect. I hate this problem and wish HTC will fix it asap.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hi
I have problem useing Bluetooth GPS(QSTARZ GPS818 5Hz) only once I achived to work like it has to work, on 1hz I am most of time satisfied but sometimes it not work very well.
What kind of Bluetooth GPS you are useing?
Regards

Holux 236, I have a Columbus V900 coming tomorrow, hopefully it'll at least work as well.

I paired them, created a COM port (COM2), and I tell programs to use COM2 4800. EVERY TIME it connects it prompts me to pick which device to use, nothing I've tried has managed to make it stop asking EVERY TIME. However once it's connected it works fine. But if I suspend the phone, turn off the GPS, etc, again, another dialog to say which device to use.. I posted here about it but no answers..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=573828

ameiurus

Jul 14, 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
appointment transfers don't work

I'm not having much problems with the audio side of the bluetooth stack. I have a Plantronics headset, Parrot car kit, and Pioneer BT car stereo and they work very well for phone calls. The problem I'm having is I can't get .ICS files to transfer to my Tilt 2 and have it recognize it as an appointment. It always stores it in \My Documents and every other WinMo phone I've had ALWAYS picked up .ics files as appointments. I opened an issue with HTC and they gave me some things to try but everything they had me try was already set in my bluetooth config. I've had this issue with the Stock ATT ROM and all other ROMs I've flashed. I'm pretty hacked I can't get .ics files to work. They are good files because if I open them after transferring them to \My Documents it will add them to my calendar...

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
Still at odds with flashing my unlocked Tilt 2. Everything works great from stock ROM. I even get a great data and signal connection with zero bars showing in my house where I have never been able to get good signal and calls were constantly dropped with my Kaiser. The problem I have is with the bluetooth. Its very buggy and tends to disconnect and give crap signal to where nobody can understand me when I am using my Blue Ant hands free. I am wondering if I flash a new rom or new radio could I get bluetooth improvement. I need the bluetooth. Its half the phone to me.
Help!

a new rom does not effect signal as the radio is still the same

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Holux 236, I have a Columbus V900 coming tomorrow, hopefully it'll at least work as well.

I paired them, created a COM port (COM2), and I tell programs to use COM2 4800. EVERY TIME it connects it prompts me to pick which device to use, nothing I've tried has managed to make it stop asking EVERY TIME. However once it's connected it works fine. But if I suspend the phone, turn off the GPS, etc, again, another dialog to say which device to use.. I posted here about it but no answers..

BTW, the Columbus works "as well" as the Holux 236 in regards to the bluetooth stack, so my annoyances with the serial port dialog aren't related to the Holux 236. At least it all works, just annoying to have to act on that silly dialog any time I connect to the bluetooth GPS.

User22

Mar 1, 2005

I allready reported this to HTC, but they are blinds and dumbs :mad:

flaviefarmer

Nov 19, 2007
bluetooth disconnects en reconnects after 10 seconds

When i use my TP 2 with a carkit or bluetooth headset, de connection falls out about every 5 minutes and after a few seconds he reconnects automatically. But for every disconnection or reconnection I get a warning tone on my car-kit. Very annoying!!:mad:

somynex

Nov 2, 2003
Just got one about a week ago. the BT has been hot and cold.

it connects fine with my laptop and and does activesync fine.

file transfer through resco explorer does not work, but works fine through the file explorer, so i suppose that's fine for now =P

it connects fine with my Jabra BT-135 and BT-3030 and i can answer calls and hang up, and i can also double click to redail the last number. but my main issue is that the PTT doesn't work at all and i cannot do voice control, which is a huge pain and defeats what i need BT most for.

Joffa

Mar 12, 2004
COM Port Connections not reconnection automatically...

You used to be able to do it with a registry flag. But that no longer works. Just search for BTBrowserEnabled.

Nothing else works either that I have tried. have also placed a call to HTC about it. Using a HTC HD2 WM6.5.

At least if there was only one device it could auto connect. But no that would have far too easy.

Joffa.