Firmware update failure

Search This thread

StephenLeo

Jun 1, 2014
Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!

crazysuraj

May 21, 2013
Somewhere in India
Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!

The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved

Reactions: StephenLeo

StephenLeo

Jun 1, 2014
Also, after doing the update, it's no longer rooted. I didn't really use it for root purposes though.. I may reroot it late on or update it to Tizen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
    You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved