[Q] Touch to focus and 120 fps supported with 4.4?

Search This thread

mugoftee

Apr 21, 2011
Now that the Xperia Z1 Compact got Android 4.4 updates:
  • Is there support for touch to focus while taking photos.
  • Is there support for 120 fps video recording?
I am thinking about buying this phone and both these features would seal the deal for me.

Last edited:

einfachgaer

Now that the Xperia Z1 Compact got Android 4.4 updates:
  • Is there support for touch to focus while taking photos.
  • Is there support for 120 fps video recording?
I am thinking about buying this phone and both these features would seal the deal for me.

120 FPS recording is about to be ported (work in progress!) so in a few days maybe it's going to be fully functional. But you gonna need to be rooted for this!

What exactly do you mean by touch to focus? You mean to tap on an object on the screen then it focuses and takes a picture? If yes then its available!

Last edited:

mugoftee

Apr 21, 2011
Hi einfachgaer!

120 FPS recording is about to be ported (work in progress!) so in a few days maybe it's going to be fully functional. But you gonna need to be rooted for this!
So it's not officially supported but ported from Z2? Can you please provide a link where I can follow the progress?

What exactly do you mean by touch to focus? You mean to tap on an object on the screen then it focuses and takes a picture? If yes then its available!
I'm afraid I didn't use the proper term. What I actually meant, I just realized this, is "touch to set exposure". Basically if you make a photo with backlight you can touch the dark object and the exposure is increased or you touch the sky and the exposure gets decreased. I watched this* review and the reviewer was showing this feature on the Nexus 5 and then went on to say that the Xperia Z1 compact does not have this feature.

*I can't post links directly. Use this in a Youtube URL: watch?v=mgKzbCdIVto#t=795 (it's in russian, but the timecode is directly where he shows what I mean)

Last edited:

einfachgaer

Hi einfachgaer!

So it's not officially supported but ported from Z2? Can you please provide a link where I can follow the progress?

No it's not officially supported. You can follow the progress in this thread. Right now it's almost fully functional only bug is the steady shot feature in 4K mode, but I can live without that to be honest.

I'm afraid I didn't use the proper term. What I actually meant, I just realized this, is "touch to set exposure". Basically if you make a photo with backlight you can touch the dark object and the exposure is increased or you touch the sky and the exposure gets decreased. I watched this* review and the reviewer was showing this feature on the Nexus 5 and then went on to say that the Xperia Z1 compact does not have this feature.

*I can't post links directly. Use this in a Youtube URL: watch?v=mgKzbCdIVto#t=795 (it's in russian, but the timecode is directly where he shows what I mean)
Sorry to tell you, but I don't think this is feature is available for the Xperia Z1 Compact. It may be software sided so maybe if you install the same camera app it will work? I don't know.