Moto x vs xperia z c6602

Search This thread

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
I'm a Xperia z user, i was offered a 16gb moto x, i know i'm asking in Xperia z forum, not the best place to ask but you guys can try to be fair...i'd like to know pros a cons of each phone, and wich is better un general, the best optimized with Android in it, i prefer exact and technical answers thanks in avance to all. Relevant points could be, battery life, camera (updated moto x camera Vs 4.4.2 Xz camera), Google support with updates, outter aestethics, touch feel, media (music, videos, photos), general speed..

Tuckycv

Oct 22, 2012
León
I'm a Xperia z user, i was offered a 16gb moto x, i know i'm asking in Xperia z forum, not the best place to ask but you guys can try to be fair...i'd like to know pros a cons of each phone, and wich is better un general, the best optimized with Android in it, i prefer exact and technical answers thanks in avance to all. Relevant points could be, battery life, camera (updated moto x camera Vs 4.4.2 Xz camera), Google support with updates, outter aestethics, touch feel, media (music, videos, photos), general speed..

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5204&idPhone2=5601

Tuckycv

Oct 22, 2012
León
thanks bro but I don't really need a hardware comparison Web page, I need people's moto X and Xperia z experience, so they can guide me. cheers!

Enviado desde mi C6603 mediante Tapatalk

That might be a little difficult since this is the Xperia Z, and Moto X user Don't come around here I guess. But I would give Moto the fact that is basically vanilla android, hence there would be more upgrades. The Xperia Z I'm pretty sure the update would stop at KK 4.4.2 A friend have the MotoX and it seems nice, the display I like it more on the Xperia, make sense since we have more ppi. hte camera I fell is more or les the same, the Xperia suffers on low light. That's about it I can tell.

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
That might be a little difficult since this is the Xperia Z, and Moto X user Don't come around here I guess. But I would give Moto the fact that is basically vanilla android, hence there would be more upgrades. The Xperia Z I'm pretty sure the update would stop at KK 4.4.2 A friend have the MotoX and it seems nice, the display I like it more on the Xperia, make sense since we have more ppi. hte camera I fell is more or les the same, the Xperia suffers on low light. That's about it I can tell.
I enjoy this kind of comments, since you said kind of things I wanted to ear/see of, I know moto X user won't be sneaking by, but maybe some users here have had the chance to manipulate both phones.

Moto x screen is better than xperia z screen. viewing angles are not that good in xperia z. It fades when you tilt the phone. Moto x has cool gestures and active display. In low lighting, moto x camera does a decent job compared to z. But in looks department, z looks more premium. Battery life are one and the same. Z is an year old phone and won't get fast updates. 4.4.2 may be the last update. And moto x is current flagship phone and it is more likely to get future updates.

Last edited:

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
moto x screen is better than xperia z screen. viewing angles are not that good in xperia z. it fades when you tilt the phone. moto x has cool gestures and active display. in low lighting, moto x camera does a decent job compared to z. but in looks department, z looks more premium. battery life are one and the same.
thanks @anagramgenius regardless Xperia z carry a 1080p display TFT technology is so much outdated till today where we can find IPS technology with crisp and sharper images and colors and awesome viewing angles, I've read and many forums around and tells moto X got a unlimited battery [emoji1], and there's a huge change and great performance because it's customized CPU, what do you think?

thanks @anagramgenius regardless Xperia z carry a 1080p display TFT technology is so much outdated till today where we can find IPS technology with crisp and sharper images and colors and awesome viewing angles, I've read and many forums around and tells moto X got a unlimited battery [emoji1], and there's a huge change and great performance because it's customized CPU, what do you think?

yeah. thanks to that 1.7ghz dual core processor and other processors for touchless controls. the 1.5ghz quad core processor in z is old one compared to that. Battery on moto x is ok. Nothing spectacular. Heard that after kitkat update, battery life is not so good.

Last edited: