Search This thread

hankhandsome

Jul 7, 2010
for those of you asking "how do i access it?" you don't. it's a set of files that improve sound quality when you listen to music through your headphones. there's no "app", "widget" or anything to access.

fokkewolf

Aug 20, 2012
Tbilisi
Ooookay

Alas, no answer. Arr.
How about this: I'm on CM9, I flashed the 5.1 version, and on boot I get "Unfortunately Sound Set Has stopped working". Tried fixing permissions and clearing data. Disabled for the time being. What the purpose of this "Sound Set"?
Also, has anyone flashed beats 6.27? Any better that 5.1? Any glitches?.

juztinlee

Apr 12, 2012
Alas, no answer. Arr.
How about this: I'm on CM9, I flashed the 5.1 version, and on boot I get "Unfortunately Sound Set Has stopped working". Tried fixing permissions and clearing data. Disabled for the time being. What the purpose of this "Sound Set"?
Also, has anyone flashed beats 6.27? Any better that 5.1? Any glitches?.

same here.. ics 4.0.4 cm9. i flashed 5.1. and i got 'unfortunately sound set has stopped working'.. but dsp manager and music fx working fine and i noticed the sound quality much clearer and bass is great! moderate bass in dsp is not giving me crackling sound now. i noticed the difference. but the prob. is i got 'unfortunately sound set has stop working ' hope that will fix in next version. thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

kotaxor

Dec 31, 2011
same here.. ics 4.0.4 cm9. i flashed 5.1. and i got 'unfortunately sound set has stopped working'.. but dsp manager and music fx working fine and i noticed the sound quality much clearer and bass is great! moderate bass in dsp is not giving me crackling sound now. i noticed the difference. but the prob. is i got 'unfortunately sound set has stop working ' hope that will fix in next version. thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

You can safely freeze sound set or remove it..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

fangweile

Jul 19, 2012
www.allkoreans.net
i flash this mod and encountered force close when using sound enhancement in walkman player.
I have also installed xincrediblebass and don't know how to uninstall it if it is the one that conflict with this mod.

Any idea.?

StarkCity

May 4, 2012
Palm Desert, Ca
www.facebook.com
i flash this mod and encountered force close when using sound enhancement in walkman player.
I have also installed xincrediblebass <-----( yes get rid of it )and don't know how to uninstall it if it is the one that conflict with this mod.

Any idea.?

The mod just doesn't play nice with some players, if it even works at all (it simply does not work on some builds period) so for anyone else reading this, instead of the op, this a 50/50 kinda deal, as for removing a zip you flashed? Either locate and delete its contents manually in system via a file manager and reboot. Or reflash the rom again and start over. During testing several of these audio enhancements, I've found it beneficial to freeze or remove existing audio managers while doing so. I'm going to assume if you're here, your about your music, you probably already have multiple players, a few eq's, you've done this, done that etc. That's no bueno either, pick one to test and remove the rest. Like you, a player I used, Rocket Player, wouldn't work after an install on one device, but fine on another. Apollo and Google Player work fine for me, and it most certainly enhanced my audio, both external speaker and headset....best of luck....

Sent from My CM10 8.9™

Reactions: GunnerGeezer

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Been busy with life and making people apps that the thread got moved to a phone thread???? Anybody know why??

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RockoDev peoject,

*New update Equalizer has been added to the app 01/06/2016

Hello is has been a long time since i have updated or maintained this Mod, i was recently received many emails and Dm's asking for links, zip, and ETC regrading the Mod so i though i could bring a little bit of support back to community to THOSE WHO ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE MOD!

Hello Welcome To Beats Audio Mod 2k16

What this includes
    *Beats Libs
    *Beats Bins
    *ETC Files
    *SRS
    *New HW files(Could affect boot for some phones Back up before Flashing)

thanks

SNOOPY33
    amarullz
    Old
    virus for bringing it to the evo first even tho i dont have a evo but thanks!!
    carl1961
    Old
    jwischka
    Quinny899
    Htc
    Beats audio
    Me
    And person who ported xloud
    _Sofos_

Working devices

Photon
    SGII
    Razr
    Atrix
    Xoom
    Galaxy tab 7.7
    A500
    Galaxy Note
    LG P990 (Optimus 2x)

How to's

if zip doesnt install files in right place(Dont Forget to R/W IN ROOT EXPLORER)

1.download zip
    2.unzip using root explorer
    3.multi select files
    4.go into system and paste were they exp system/bin-system/etc-system/libs
    5.reboot phone fix permission in recovery

Changlogs

07/31/12
    edited some files
    and build prop audio tweaks

06/29/12
    removed alot of usless files
    and updated new files must have init.d support

05/06/12
    newer leaked ice for htc
    bin,etc,libs etc files
    05/05/12
    new srs files
    framework files
    bin files

03/17
    New rezound files
    Beats Audio HW files
    bin files
    New zip
    added more audio files that were missing

03/14
    added missing files
    thanks imbawind for singing zip[/SIZE]

OLD DOWNLOADS

This ZIP is for all 2.3+ (marhensa)
    Download
    If you have a SGII or maybe any Samsung download this file "JUST SAMSUNG"( _Sofos_ )
    Download
    IF FOR SOME REASON ABOUT ZIPS DONT WORK USE DOWNLOAD03/02/12
    OLD ZIPS
    DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD03/02/12

[/CENTER]
    Im not asking for money i do this for free and so what do you want me too add you too credits take a chill pill

For abybody with negative comments take them some where else dont want to hear them and deal with them

Audio is something special.
    When you say there is an improvement, people tend to listen closer and perceive something different even if it doesn't exist.
    That's called placebo.

All I'm asking is intellectual honesty in order to not abuse of this many times proven fact.

I also think placebo-mods are affecting negatively everyone's work and also the confidence XDA users have in developers.

The solution is simple: It improves audio? That can be measured then!
    If you can't measure it, it means it does nothing.

Me, I measured, Galaxy S II. found it wasn't working. It's not an opinion or a critic. It's a fact.
    I THE ORIGINAL PERSON THAT CAME UP WITH THE IDEA AND PORTED IT

Just tested devices
    sg2

Pm' me reason alot people have not giving me credit for taking my time and work thank you

Tested, with a precise and valid methodology I use in my work and reviews

All it does is strictly no change in audio output.

If you claiming you're improving sound quality while implicitly asking for donations (aka [Donate to me] button) I strongly suggest you to bring some elements supporting your assumptions.

I might add that by distributing random files and libs you're violating several manufacturers copyrights and intellectual property.