[Q] SIM MODded Photon Q 4G LTE issue with GSM

Search This thread

Steve_McQueen

Oct 24, 2013
Hi guys,

I normally am not a big responder or thread creator here.. Just a happy Photon Q user … but now I am looking for your help!

I own a Photon Q modded by CornholioGSM. Worked like a charm untill I got on a plane last week. (From Netherlands to Italy)..

When boarding I set the phone to flight mode.

Got off the plane and switched it back on, turned off flight mode. No longer acquiring connectivity to mobile network.
So.. went into Android testing (*#*#4636#*#*), turned Radio Off and set it to GSM Auto. Turned Radio back on.. still nothing.

Went into settings.. Mobile Networks > Network Mode was suddenly changed into “Global” and could not change it into anything else.

Factory Reset the device, again set it to GSM Auto and Network Mode was now changeable.
Set it to all kinds of different settings but it still won’t connect to a mobile network.

Everything else on the phone works fine except mobile networks. So no GSM, EDGE, 3G etc. WiFi does work.
The SIM card is also detected and eg. Whatsapp works fine too.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Do I have to reconfigure the device or perhaps try a different ROM?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Grazie,

Steve McQueen

Last edited:

Steve_McQueen

Oct 24, 2013
Thnx for your reply RBeavers!
I did consult the SIM MOD thread.. My issue is a bit different though.. My Q has no network connectivity anymore.. at all.
It doesn't drop sometimes and then reboot to fix.

Btw: Its running stock ROM. Might be worth to mention that :)

Hope someone can help!

Steve_McQueen

Oct 24, 2013
Hmmm just installed CM 10.2 .. Set the band to 800/900/1800/1900 .. Set Phone testing to GSM Auto.
Mobile Networks to connectivity to GSM/WCDMA Preferred.

Still outta luck.

Can't think of anything else other than a wire has come loose.

Last edited:

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Reactions: Steve_McQueen

Steve_McQueen

Oct 24, 2013
Happy days!!

Got it working with CM10.2!! Fiddling around with it. Set band to Automatic, *#*#4636#*#* GSM Auto, Settings > Mobile Settings > Preferred Network Mode: GSM Only
And set Use Only 2G checkbox. Magic.

These settings in the stock ROM wouldn't work anymore.

Thread can be closed. Thnx everyone for reading and replying!

:cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts