[Q] Disable fast dormancy on the S5?

Search This thread

RBEmerson

Jul 15, 2012
SE PA
I need to be able to disable fast dormancy on the S5. The Bahamian phone system, AFAIK, doesn't support FD. At least not during 2012/13. I asked a friend living, in Abaco, who's very knowledgeable on the subject. He's unaware of any changes on this front.

I found a reference to a hack for the S3, but I don't know if it works with the S5. Or if rooting is needed to (e.g., to hack build.prop).

Anybody got information on this issue?

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
I need to be able to disable fast dormancy on the S5. The Bahamian phone system, AFAIK, doesn't support FD. At least not during 2012/13. I asked a friend living, in Abaco, who's very knowledgeable on the subject. He's unaware of any changes on this front.

I found a reference to a hack for the S3, but I don't know if it works with the S5. Or if rooting is needed to (e.g., to hack build.prop).

Anybody got information on this issue?

The GT-9300 app should work, if it's still possible to disable it.

RBEmerson

Jul 15, 2012
SE PA

Thanks! As far as I can tell, the app is working. Until I connect with a carrier that doesn't support FD, I won't know for sure. Unless there's a way to verify it's working on my S5 while I'm still in the States. I can, of course, inspect the file and see the changes applied. The question is whether or not it's valid for this phone and OS rev. Ideas?

RBEmerson

Jul 15, 2012
SE PA
We still haven't gotten to the Bahamas, where the fast dormancy hack is needed. If you can test the installation, and can report on the results, I want to hear how it goes.

Top Liked Posts