[Q] KK ROMs: restarting UI

Search This thread

starwatto

Dec 12, 2013
Hello,

I have this issue with pretty much any 4.4 ROM for Nexus S out there - system UI is restarting. For example I use Facebook Messenger to chat with me friend, then I switch back to Nova Launcher to go into GMail… and the phone freezes for 20 seconds. After that freeze, the screen goes black and after another few seconds it gets me to the lockscreen. So I unlock the phone and what I see? Everything is booting up like I've just rebooted the phone. This also happens alot when I try to pull out notifications list.

This happens with every 4.4 ROM I've tried at least 4 times a day, so it's pretty annoying. I did a bit of research and I don't see anybody else having this sort of issue, so my question is - has anybody had this issue with 4.4? If so, what was the solution? I really love using KitKat because it's smoother than older Android versions, but this breaks the overall experience so much…

Thanks alot for your time! :)

starwatto

Dec 12, 2013
I've tried KitKang, SlimKat, MoKee and right now I am testing out C-RoM, which is pretty good feature-wise and speed-wise, except it does the same thing like other 4.4 ROMs. I always do clean installs (including manual formats).

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
its due to cm's new theme engine. revert to an older version of a rom that uses the previous version and see how things go.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: starwatto

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
its due to cm's new theme engine. revert to an older version of a rom that uses the previous version and see how things go.

I haven't had any issues with the latest BeanStalk or C-rom.. Both are CM based, but Mokee, CM and EuroSkank seem to suffer from the bug.. I haven't tried Slim since 4.6, but no ui bug there either.. I would recommend either BeanStalk for battery, C-rom based on performance and Slim 3.0 for being the best choice to have both...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dzee206

treesurf

Sep 8, 2010
I haven't had any issues with the latest BeanStalk or C-rom.. Both are CM based, but Mokee, CM and EuroSkank seem to suffer from the bug.. I haven't tried Slim since 4.6, but no ui bug there either.. I would recommend either BeanStalk for battery, C-rom based on performance and Slim 3.0 for being the best choice to have both...

C-Rom started crashing hard after about a day and a half of use. Totally unusable.

I'm back on Euroskank now and the latest build has been much better.

Hopefully they get the Theme Chooser bug figured out soon!

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
C-Rom started crashing hard after about a day and a half of use. Totally unusable.

I'm back on Euroskank now and the latest build has been much better.

Hopefully they get the Theme Chooser bug figured out soon!

I'm still on C-rom, nearly a week now and it's working flawlessly, but I am using the stock theme, dark, with custom icons on Nova launcher...

treesurf

Sep 8, 2010
I'm still on C-rom, nearly a week now and it's working flawlessly, but I am using the stock theme, dark, with custom icons on Nova launcher...

Interesting. I was also using the stock theme (not dark), but with Trebuchet. I wonder if the launcher may also have something to do with it.

g33k0 b3lk0w

Mar 11, 2014
theme engine

it really seems like something to do with the theme engine,try using normal theme and any other launcher except trebuchet, it should work :fingers-crossed:

g33k0 b3lk0w

Mar 11, 2014
damn

it started restarting the ui now o_O didn't use to do that before.... C-Rom with devil kernel, default theme black, nova launcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.