Note 3 I believe in a boot loop

Search This thread

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
IM able to install the mje.tar.md5 file thru odin and thats it. once the phone restarts it still does not boot. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Boot directly into recovery from odin and wipe data factory reset. It is mentioned in my tutorial in the general section.

Edit* somebody already mentioned this...didnt read the entire thread, just the OP and instantly knew what the problem was.

Oh and Fwiw questions should not be posted in the development section. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thepooch

mcnu

Sep 24, 2010
toledo
Post what you did to get it working.
it was suggested that i flash a pit file along with the stock mje image. i was not unzipping it correctly for odin to find it. once i got it unzipped correctly, i was able to load the files in odin and flash the phone. once it was done it rebooted and i saw the samsung logo with the circle spinning around it and knew i was back in business.

****now, can someone steer me toward how to remove or supress the SOFTWARE READY TO INSTALL nag please***

Reactions: Inkedadrenaline

anticloud

Mar 25, 2014
Chicago Area
my experience

sometimes, i get caught in a bootloop too. I usually find that the /data partition is whacked thus either stuck at boot or bootloop.

so, if I pull the battery and get it to go into recovery and factory reset it rebuilds the /data partition.

the more extreme case, if i had an earlier pre NC2/NC4 build, where there was no recovery partition - I had to follow the instructions earlier in this thread, grab the pit file and MJE tar, and practically start over.

so, be cautious about whacking the /data (and / or /cache) partitions -

related but unrelated - has anyone offered a bounty for unlocking the bootloader on note 3, with a bonus round going to the developer who can figure out how to position the phone to be able to flash NC2 after having flashed NC4...

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I had the same issue while I was on vacation. I rebooted my phone and started to boot loop. Took a couple days but found the fix was to re-flash the modem. I am on NC2 however and have not upgraded to NC2/NC4. Not sure if this would work for you, but it worked for me. Once I Odin'd the NC2 modem file to the phone, I got back to Safestrap.

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Thread moved to Q&A where it should have been posted originally. Please familiarize yourself with the rules link in my signature & post in the correct sections, this is your warning - next time we'll have to take further action. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You may need the pit file also.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936457

I left you an email with my phone number.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Jason, give me a call.

Let me check.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196106

Here you go.

Hang on do you have. Retail or Dev phone? Did you follow these instructions? Curious as you said you flashed safestrap then rebooted.

Retail Instructions

Coming From NC2/MJE

Step- 1 - Make sure you are on any rooted rom running safestrap

Step- 2 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 3 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 4 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 5 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 6 - Flash NC2/NC4 Updated! Firmware/Bootloader Package Here

Step- 7 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Step- 8 - Install new safestrap and wait for roms  Here

Coming From Stock NC4 OTA

Step- 1 - Root Device with TowelRoot Here

Step- 2 - Install Busybox from play store and install busybox itself

Step- 3 - Install Hashcodes Latest Safestrap Here

Step- 4 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 5 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 6 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 7 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 8 - Flash NC2 Kernel Package Here

Step- 9 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Developer Edition Instructions

Step- 1 - Flash Rom

Step- 2 - Flash Hash's Stock Based Kernel Here

Step- 3 - Do NOT FLASH VERIZON FIRMWARE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    IM able to install the mje.tar.md5 file thru odin and thats it. once the phone restarts it still does not boot. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Boot directly into recovery from odin and wipe data factory reset. It is mentioned in my tutorial in the general section.

Edit* somebody already mentioned this...didnt read the entire thread, just the OP and instantly knew what the problem was.

Oh and Fwiw questions should not be posted in the development section. :)
    Post what you did to get it working.
    it was suggested that i flash a pit file along with the stock mje image. i was not unzipping it correctly for odin to find it. once i got it unzipped correctly, i was able to load the files in odin and flash the phone. once it was done it rebooted and i saw the samsung logo with the circle spinning around it and knew i was back in business.

****now, can someone steer me toward how to remove or supress the SOFTWARE READY TO INSTALL nag please***