Google Pixel 6 Pro
Works on VZW and AT&T latest 4.4 kernels

Directions:

1. Flash zip
2. Open terminal and type
Code:
su
modload
Insert a a compiled and compatible module using insmod, confirm it loaded using lsmod

Download

Here's a zip of modules that work with NC5 and NC1 most made by yours truly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpyeju0082c6f9m/modules.zip?dl=0

Thanks to @jeboo for the original exploit, this is his exploit but using a different method of writing over memory.

If you don't know the purpose of this then don't download.

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Nice job! Will the safestrap your working on with kexec be posted here?

Sent from my OtterX using Tapatalk

ahmed.zubair

May 21, 2013
Karachi
I dont know the purpose of this but I am curious as to what its for anyway lol

Would this allow us to install safestrap? or a real recovery install? or something completely different? ;)
It will allow us to flash insecure modules using safestrap .. I am not a dev but trying to answer what I understand from kexec insecure modules will be compiled with the stock kernel and then flashed so we can flash aosp roms . Correct me I know I am wrong somewhere .. lol

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I've gotten quite a few messages about this asking what it does and what it's for etc. This does the same thing bypasslkm does (this is a reimplementation of bypasslkm for NC5 and NC1). You guys can read the bypasslkm thread over in AT&T S4 dev thread by jeboo to learn more.

If you have trouble getting wifi to work on a custom rom though this will allow the wifi module to load. I wanted to avoid having to say that so every Tom, **** and Harry doesn't rush in here to ask why wifi won't work on so and so's rom and why this didnt fix it.

Will this allow AOSP or unlock your bootloader? No, it will not.

Will it allow you to load modules that are compatible? Yes it will. Granted you know how to load modules (if not, Google insmod)

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
So I've gotten quite a few messages about this asking what it does and what it's for etc. This does the same thing bypasslkm does (this is a reimplementation of bypasslkm for NC5 and NC1). You guys can read the bypasslkm thread over in AT&T S4 dev thread by jeboo to learn more.

If you have trouble getting wifi to work on a custom rom though this will allow the wifi module to load. I wanted to avoid having to say that so every Tom, **** and Harry doesn't rush in here to ask why wifi won't work on so and so's rom and why this didnt fix it.

Will it allow you to load modules that are compatible? Yes it will. Granted you know how to load modules (if not, Google insmod)
So does this mean we will be able to load 4.4.4 Touchwiz Roms, without changing our bootloader?

Sent from my OtterX using Tapatalk

Reactions: ITR218

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I successfully loaded the fast charge module on stock NC5 just to play around. I recognize some of the modules you have in that zip you put together like scsi_wait_scan.ko, but I was just curious what some/most of the others do. For instance I googled like crazy to find out what fuvzw.ko was and found nothing. This seriously is some awesome work! Seems like a huge step to being open once again!

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I successfully loaded the fast charge module on stock NC5 just to play around. I recognize some of the modules you have in that zip you put together like scsi_wait_scan.ko, but I was just curious what some/most of the others do. For instance I googled like crazy to find out what fuvzw.ko was and found nothing. This seriously is some awesome work! Seems like a huge step to being open once again!

A lot of them don't do anything theyre just tests. Lol fuvzw, just creates a temp directory in /dev/fuvzw. State.ko just adds a funny message if you type cat /proc/state in terminal. sysctbl.ko finds the system call table etc. I just put them in to show making custom modules do load.

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
It was ROM] KTU84Q [AOSP] 【4.4.4】Dan&Ktoonsez 【CM (final) 09-16-2014】v using safestrap KTLEVZN-NCG-3.75

Thats is an AOSP rom, It will not work unless it is modified to work with safestrap or kexec is implemented to safestrap. What phone are you using?

I was trying to say that we maybe able to get a 4.4.4 Touchwiz based ROM to work.

ITR218

Apr 26, 2010
SouthCackalacky
Thats is an AOSP rom, It will not work unless it is modified to work with safestrap or kexec is implemented to safestrap. What phone are you using?

I was trying to say that we maybe able to get a 4.4.4 Touchwiz based ROM to work.

Honestly I just realized that information about the AOSP ROM im running the Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling!! KitKat has arrived! This has been my favorite rom so far as I just got the s4 I545 and had the s3 that was rooted unlocked. I may try a touchwiz rom 4.4.4 any suggested rom ?

Last edited:

bamige1

Jun 28, 2013
Just curious (and if this is a dumb question sorry in advance)... but how far off does this make us from having KEXEC on the S4 running say NC5?
I believe its in the general section, But Surge has made a post called "If we are serious about unlocking the bootloader" and some pages into it he tells that he is starting to get kexec on the s4 and s5. I believe he is close, havent checked in a while.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
I believe its in the general section, But Surge has made a post called "If we are serious about unlocking the bootloader" and some pages into it he tells that he is starting to get kexec on the s4 and s5. I believe he is close, havent checked in a while.

Yeah I've been following that thread. I just was unsure of how close/far aware things are with these insecure modules so I felt it was better to ask. Hopefully the kexec work on the S4/S5 can also be helpful on the Note 3. I know @hsbadr has been making some progress on things with the VZW Note 3 so we'll see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works on VZW and AT&T latest 4.4 kernels

Directions:

1. Flash zip
    2. Open terminal and type
    Code:
    su
    modload
    Insert a a compiled and compatible module using insmod, confirm it loaded using lsmod

Download

Here's a zip of modules that work with NC5 and NC1 most made by yours truly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpyeju0082c6f9m/modules.zip?dl=0

Thanks to @jeboo for the original exploit, this is his exploit but using a different method of writing over memory.

If you don't know the purpose of this then don't download.
    Just so people know, there's a lot you can do with kernel modules.

I now have fast charging available for me to use and I can pick a new cpu governor.

There's lots you can do with modules

So, I heard someone was trying to see if a modified kernel module would help get MTP working for us SS GPE users. I don't know where a person would start with this. It's good to see some progress being made. I know it's a re-implementation of Jeboo's exploit, but it had been patched, and is now available again, so I'll say that's a step in the right direction. I've got a lot of respect for you Surge. Doing things that I couldn't even try to comprehend. Not without months of research at least. Keep it up!

A lot of them don't do anything theyre just tests. Lol fuvzw, just creates a temp directory in /dev/fuvzw. State.ko just adds a funny message if you type cat /proc/state in terminal. sysctbl.ko finds the system call table etc. I just put them in to show making custom modules do load.