banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

Last edited:

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
Looks great.

Initial thoughts:
Performance doesn't seem optimal yet (at least compared to the N4), the notification drawer is choppy on the home screens and transitions don't always run smoothly.
Default hybrid settings are off, for instance the browser doesn't show an address bar by default.
It needed a reboot to see my sim card, not a major issue and probaly an isolated case.
Also, pie can't be turned off?

Overal a great first build!

sazinas

Sep 15, 2008
In a land of my own
Looks great.

Initial thoughts:
Performance doesn't seem optimal yet (at least compared to the N4), the notification drawer is choppy on the home screens and transitions don't always run smoothly.
Default hybrid settings are off, for instance the browser doesn't show an address bar by default.
It needed a reboot to see my sim card, not a major issue and probaly an isolated case.

Hey man, is the photosphere enabled on this camera? How is the overall output quality?
thanks! :)

youngblood68

Feb 24, 2011
Hello , will this work on note 2 n7100 as well ? I am running the jellybam rom 4.2.2 with paranoid

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Looks great.

Initial thoughts:

Preformance seems good toe coming firm a nexus 7, I haven't enabled any of my optimizations yet though so it will get better. Never used a nexus 4 but it has all my options turned on. Yea I did hybrid props quickly but you can customize to taste. My sim works most of the time. If usb is plugged in at boot the radio may not come up, it happens on stock also. Pie should be able to be disabled.

Hey man, is the photosphere enabled on this camera? How is the overall output quality?
thanks! :)

camera doesn't work yet, I haven't had time to debug and photospheare never will we don't have access to the source for it.

Hello , will this work on note 2 n7100 as well ? I am running the jellybam rom 4.2.2 with paranoid

No, wrong thread and jelly bam is not allowed on xda

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: youngblood68

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth
I wanna ask since aaron is the one who maintains find 5, is this mean find5 is on PA team official supports?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is an officially supported device and yes it's not a nexus. 1 it was donated by oppo that's a good enough reason. 2. It will be supported primarily by the jellybean legacy branches. I'm not sure of your aware but we have official builds for the tf300 and a s3 variant as well. We can only support nexus devices we don't own cause the code is there and working. It is impossible to properly support a device you don't own.

lesp4ul

Yes, it is an officially supported device and yes it's not a nexus. 1 it was donated by oppo that's a good enough reason. 2. It will be supported primarily by the jellybean legacy branches. I'm not sure of your aware but we have official builds for the tf300 and a s3 variant as well. We can only support nexus devices we don't own cause the code is there and working. It is impossible to properly support a device you don't own.

Great to know it is official, i tempted to grab one after i tried the find5 demo unit and heard will have PA support, because i can't live without PA hybrid system :). my sister owns S3 and once installed PA rom, but thanks to Samsung for entirely opens it's source forced me switched back to official rom.

Yes i know nexus devices are the best for devs, poweruser or just a casual themer like me and they have the most dev support and it's all open source. The best thing is Oppo users will get weekly updates also recently joined open source project love, that means you will receive all you need to develop Find right? Since oppo officially gives you the phone :)

Aaron, how do you think about this phone personally? After camera issues fixed i will certainly buy one. :)

Now i use PA as daily driver for all my devices, i9250 (thanks to new PA team BigBrother1984 and you), N4 by Mole, and the awesome N7 which is also managed by you, thank you.

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth
Great to know it is official, i tempted to grab one after i tried the find5 demo unit and heard will have PA support, because i can't live without PA hybrid system :). my sister owns S3 and once installed PA rom, but thanks to Samsung for entirely opens it's source forced me switched back to official rom.

Yes i know nexus devices are the best for devs, poweruser or just a casual themer like me and they have the most dev support and it's all open source. The best thing is Oppo users will get weekly updates also recently joined open source project love, that means you will receive all you need to develop Find right? Since oppo officially gives you the phone :)

Aaron, how do you think about this phone personally? After camera issues fixed i will certainly buy one. :)

Now i use PA as daily driver for all my devices, i9250 (thanks to new PA team BigBrother1984 and you), N4 by Mole, and the awesome N7 which is also managed by you, thank you.

I love it, the size took some getting used to (coming from a 4.3), but now me other device feels small. speakers build quality everything is top notch. The camera software needs a lot of work as this is the same sensor in the gs4 and xperia z and they produce better shots, but camera software takes lots of time so hopefully it will get better. Oppo has been open not quite sony level but certainly helpful.

Top Liked Posts