Sprint LG G2 (LS980) Data Roaming Bug

Search This thread

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
Does anyone experience this scenario where the "Data Roaming" check box seems to uncheck itself in Settings/Mobile Data (hit the Menu button to check "Data Roaming" on)?

Even if I have it set on to Data Roam, every once in a while, it seems to uncheck itself. How do I know this, there's a certain section in the building I work where I usually always roam on Verizon (voice and data, no problem) and previous phones I've had (Note 2 and iPhone 5s) would roam just fine.
With the G2, I'll notice that a triangle pops up in the top left telling me that I've lost data connection because I have Data Roaming turned off. Of course I set it to data roam.
Lo and behold I go into Settings and Data Roaming has turned itself off again, so I check the box to Data Roam and data starts flowing. It will stick for most of the day or two until I notice it again, and the cycle repeats itself.

It gets really frustrating if I don't notice this phantom behaviour because I could be in this particular location for quite sometime and not notice that I don't have data because it's unchecked itself, again.

Anyone?

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
Does anyone experience this scenario where the "Data Roaming" check box seems to uncheck itself in Settings/Mobile Data (hit the Menu button to check "Data Roaming" on)?

Even if I have it set on to Data Roam, every once in a while, it seems to uncheck itself. How do I know this, there's a certain section in the building I work where I usually always roam on Verizon (voice and data, no problem) and previous phones I've had (Note 2 and iPhone 5s) would roam just fine.
With the G2, I'll notice that a triangle pops up in the top left telling me that I've lost data connection because I have Data Roaming turned off. Of course I set it to data roam.
Lo and behold I go into Settings and Data Roaming has turned itself off again, so I check the box to Data Roam and data starts flowing. It will stick for most of the day or two until I notice it again, and the cycle repeats itself.

It gets really frustrating if I don't notice this phantom behaviour because I could be in this particular location for quite sometime and not notice that I don't have data because it's unchecked itself, again.

Anyone?

I have a similar problem in that the box will stay checked, but I get "Data Roam Guard" notifications all of the time, even though I have the setting to not get the notifications. When I click remember this setting it doesn't take, and I also get the triangles regularly. It's very annoying.

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
Sadly I've gone back to my 5S. Just couldn't take it anymore constantly losing data where I never did before. Still keeping the phone hoping a not too far in the future update helps.

I can't believe this isn't happening to more people. Can't even find an inkling anywhere. Weird bug.

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
Just got my lg g2 2/15 great phone and i too am having the same issue is there a fix yet? i to am in and out of sprint service and have to keep turning it back on (put a check back in the roam box)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
I Guess just a few of us have the data issue so short of returning the phone i called sprint to see if they had any ideas. had them create a trouble ticket to address the issue so will give it a few more days see what happens. Other than this major bug phone is great.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

1branchonthevine

Feb 10, 2012
It seemed to only happen after the recent OTA update. I got so frustrated I reset the phone to factory, but still no fix. Anyone have an update on this bug?