How install python on android? so that it works with su, cd, ls ... commandss?

Search This thread

TheKingOfQueens

May 11, 2014
Hey,
ive got a moto g and its my first android and its rooted and bootrom is unlocked, and ive installed terminal emulator, but i cant find out how to install python so that it works in terminal eit su, cd , ls ... commands?!?
ive installed qpython app from playstore but you cant do commands like su, cd .....
ive tried ping in terminal rmulator and it wotks so you can enter internet over terminal emulator, so i tried apt-get install python but it says no apt-get command foundor something like this, so i hope someone can trll me how to install python on android with working commands( su ...) so that it can enter filesystem directorys like /sdcard....
please help

aureljared

May 2, 2013
dantis.me
Redmi Note 11
Hi,

You don't need python to run commands like su and cd! All you need is a nifty binary called 'BusyBox'. Since you mentioned apt-get, I assume you come from Ubuntu? Well I'm sure you're familiar with BusyBox. Look for BusyBox installers in the Play Store.

Once you've installed Busybox, enter this command in the terminal emulator to let BusyBox symlink its applets:
(Are you sure you're rooted? Running su successfully is a must.)
Code:
su
busybox --install /system/xbin

If all goes well, then you should be able to use Unix utilities like cd and ls.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShapesBlue

TheKingOfQueens

May 11, 2014
Hi,

You don't need python to run commands like su and cd! All you need is a nifty binary called 'BusyBox'. Since you mentioned apt-get, I assume you come from Ubuntu? Well I'm sure you're familiar with BusyBox. Look for BusyBox installers in the Play Store.

Once you've installed Busybox, enter this command in the terminal emulator to let BusyBox symlink its applets:
Code:
su

Thank you for answering me,

i tell you whats my problem, i need to run a python file, for example: python dummy.py 12345
then it createsa txt file in the path where i am!
that what it should do, but on my android (busybox is installed and its rooted and bootrom unlocked) i ve installed terminal emulator from play store and su and cd and ls command works, but i cant run python files, it says python not found even when i installed pythonforandroid, so i try to apt-get install python but it says apt-get not found, then ive installed qpython from play store, but it doesnt do what i want too !
so my question is, is there any way to tun my python file that creates a new file (its like a passwordgenerator) ???

SivaMaxwell

Sep 25, 2016
coimbatore
Xiaomi Mi A3
POCO M3
Basically, you don't need superuser to run simple Python or to develop using it.
If you are looking for Jupyter type IDE on android, visit the following link here.
It will help you install Python and run ipython notebooks without hassle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Code:
    su