[Q] p990 revert to oldbl

Search This thread

DivusIuvenis

Jun 1, 2014
Hello everyone :)

I'm quite new to the world of rooting and flashing, so please bear with me if I have gotten this all turned around :)

I have a p990, that I have:
repartioned to newbl with spyrosk's AIO toolkit (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2020737)
flashed with tonyp's cm10.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265329)
as well as pengus77's kowalski kernel (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2097788)

It has worked perfectly for about half a year, but 3 days ago, I woke up, and it behaved very strangely:
- Huge battery drain (lost 30% in about 15 minutes)
- It grew burning hot
- System UI- , and Dsp manager crashes when I opened some kind of sound app (apollo, audiobook player, phone app etc.)
- Unable to output any kind of sound, even typing "clicks".

My instincts tell me that it is a hardware failure, properbly something to do with sound output management, but I want to make absolutely sure that it is not a kernel issue or something else, before I give up on it.

I have tried to revert to an old backup using CWM. However, that just resulted in soft bricking it, and the only way I was able to get it working again, was to reflash it with cm 10.1 and kowalski kernel (again with CWM).
That led me to try to revert back to my stock kernel and stock rom backup. Before I do that, however, I need to repartion it back to oldbl, and when I try to do that using AIO, I get NvError 0x0 (see attachment) - which to me sounds like a corrupted bootloader. But if I'm able to boot into cm 10.1, my bootloader can't be corrupted, can it?

So my question(s) really boil down to:
1. Is there a way to repartion p990 back to the old layout and installing the oldbl without using NVflash?
2. If not, is there something I may have done wrong in the repartitioning process (I followed the instructions pretty much to the last dot, but maybe I've missed something?)
3. Would it be safe (and would it help anything) if I overwrite the /boot partition with my oldbl backup /boot, in order to get NVflash working?
4. Have you ever heard of the sound issue (I can't find anything about anywhere) and in that case, do you know of a fix?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thx :)

Wooby

Hmm serach in forum for a stock Gingerbread rom for smartflash and flash it via smartflash it should work remember flash with battery

Wysłane z mojego LG-P990 przy użyciu Tapatalka

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

After that you will have stock rom with old bootloader

DivusIuvenis

Jun 1, 2014
Hmm serach in forum for a stock Gingerbread rom for smartflash and flash it via smartflash it should work remember flash with battery

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

After that you will have stock rom with old bootloader

Okay, nice, thank you for replying :)

But just to make sure.. I'm pretty sure that myy p990 came with ICS as stock. Should I still flash stock Gingerbread, or should I flash ICS?

DivusIuvenis

Jun 1, 2014
IF u want old bl flash gingerbread IF not flash ICS for newbl

This worked!! Thanks a bunch :D However, i'm still having issues with the sound and crashes, so this seems to be pretty much a hardware failure :( But thank you very much for all your help :)

Last edited:

Wooby

U CANT flash new recovery?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What files did u flash?

DivusIuvenis

Jun 1, 2014
U CANT flash new recovery?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What files did u flash?

Sorry, tried to edit post :)

It is working now - although it still crashes.. Thank you very much for all your help :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OH no problem ITS my job to help another people :)